ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 44 - JULY 2014

This post has 80 Replies | 9 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,350
on 31 Jul 2014 9:32 AM

Thank you all for your posts this month. I appreciate the time you took and your thoughtfulness.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,130
NealeyPea wrote
on 31 Jul 2014 6:06 PM

Thank you Alex for posting and moderating this month's challenge.  I know you are busy with your work life and I appreciate all you did on this site!  Hope you can find time to pick up a brush or pencil soon.Wink

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,350
on 31 Jul 2014 6:33 PM

Hi Jen,

This painting of the tree outside your house for some reason doesn't look like something you would paint ... I'm not sure what it is about it ... It's early in the process so it's hard to comment, but I won't be surprised if you select another subject. From what you're saying, it doesn't sound like you LOVE it!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 31 Jul 2014 8:03 PM

Jen, you are lucky your studio was unharmed with the uprooted tree. Must have been a bad storm. Your underwater painting is hard to comment on at this stage. I think it would be really difficult to capture that underwater look.

Alex, I'm so glad you were able to host the July challenge. It is nice to see your face again. The photo's were fantastic. I had a very difficult time at work this spring and am having trouble getting back to painting. I would have loved to try the hens, they were wonderful and I thought of many ways to try them. I may yet. Thank you for the months challenge.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Jul 2014 10:30 PM

Alex, the tree blew down at the studio where I paint. A group of us paint at an old army barrack it is  not where I live. I was just showing the uprooted tree after a storm.  The fish painting has driven me mad because I did not think it through enough before starting. today I painted blue all over it. Once it dries I will see where I go from there! No not loving it at the moment!

Thank you so much Alex for hosting this month and I am sorry I have not been able to participate much but it was a busy month for me. The references were great.

Thanks Bonnie!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 45
saman57 wrote
on 27 Aug 2014 12:56 PM

Thanks so much,

Page 6 of 6 (81 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6 | RSS