ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 44 - JULY 2014

This post has 80 Replies | 9 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 15 Jul 2014 7:44 PM

Karen, your underwater painting is coming along wonderfully. The work you've done on the background turned out well and I agree with Jen's comments. Love the light on the fish and their vivid colours.

Jen, lovely painting of the children on the beach. I especially like the girls hair and outfit and the colour on the boy. I hope you have a good holiday with your grandchildren and maybe you will find some inspiration for another painting.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 15 Jul 2014 9:10 PM

Sarah, your seaside village en-fete looks like an entertaining party. I don't know how you can get so much detail into a painting and have it looks very natural. I agree with Charlie, the buildings are well done. I really like the strings of flags (not sure what you call them) they add a real festive look to the painting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,320
karend84 wrote
on 16 Jul 2014 12:31 PM

Jen the children at the beach turned out great.  Hope you have a great visit with the Grands.

Sarah another great seaside scene.  I agree with Bonniethe flags make it very festive.  

Im calling the fish done.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 16 Jul 2014 2:55 PM

Karen, this painting of the fish is lovely. The colors are just beautiful and the background fades away in a most convincing manner.

Jen, your painting of the children at the shore looks like one I would buy at an art show - it is so evocative of childhood!

Sarah, this is a wonderful painting of the village en-fete. Very, very charming.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 16 Jul 2014 9:03 PM

Karen, your fish painting is great. I love the colours and how they take center stage. They have a nice shape as well. Nicely done.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,886
Points 48,325
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Jul 2014 12:11 AM

Sarah, such a typical seaside scene from across the pond. Nicely done. I reminds me of Charles and Diana's wedding when the whole country was swathed in flags and celebrations.

karen, love the fish, the painting turned out so well and the main character is such fun. You did such a great job of keeping the bg back and putting Mr. Sharpnose in front! 

Thank you for the comments on the children. They were fun to do. I will get back to the fish one I began but couldn't get into. However Karen has set the bar high! Arrived at the grands okay will check in from time to time. Have fun painting! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 18 Jul 2014 12:29 PM

Karen, beautiful work!  Love the colors. 

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 18 Jul 2014 1:18 PM

Thanks Bonnie...flags draped like that are called Bunting.

Jen thank you too...

I watched  the royal wedding on TV but I thought they were  making a big mistake at the time.. I was in Greece when she died  so missed all the maudling sentiment...NOT ALL OF US (as the news reporters said/wrote) thought she was wonderful.  Sorry to express my opinion..not the place.to do it especially as I am all in favour of the Monarchy!!!! 

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 18 Jul 2014 5:07 PM

Thank you Sarah, that is the word I was looking for. I heard it on a British show, so knew they had a specific name.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 521
Points 8,125
NealeyPea wrote
on 18 Jul 2014 6:52 PM

Jen ~ nice little seaside scene with the children!  It's soft & thoughtful.  Have a good visit with the Grands!

Karen ~ You did a great & eye catching painting of the fish.  I esp. love the Lemonfish!  Beautiful yellows.

Sarah ~  Your wc seascapes are always a pleasure to look at.  And the garden snake doesn't bother me a bit!  The only time I almost passed out was when an eight foot long milk snake caught me by surprise!  It was lying along the concrete wall on the back porch & I didn't see it until it (she) wriggled away, revealing a bunch of her baby offspring!!!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 19 Jul 2014 6:41 AM

Last leap after a long journey...

evening light so quite dark strong colour. A4 slightly cropped. HP paper.

Sarah

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 19 Jul 2014 8:04 AM

Sarah, the evening light, with its more saturated colors, is beautiful in this painting, as is your depiction of the water and the silvery scales of the fish. Plus, you've captured the movement and three-dimensionality. A lovely painting.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 19 Jul 2014 9:46 AM

Sarah, your fish is very well done! I also like the waterfall.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 19 Jul 2014 8:08 PM

Sarah, great painting. The rock ledge and the sparkling water are nicely done and perfect shape of the fish. I like the title.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 20 Jul 2014 3:43 AM

Hello to Alex, Charlie and Bonnie...it's 80F here already 8-30 am.

thank you one and all for your kind comments. I wanted to give the salmon a slight twist but decided it was too tired after its journey!

I like the new you Alex....the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree...  recent photo? mine was taken last year, doesn't time fly.

Sarah

Page 4 of 6 (81 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next > | RSS