I've been working more on realistic drawings, any critique is appreciated.

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
j.mcgovern wrote
on 24 May 2014 10:24 PM

Hey, I'm a sophomore in high school considering art as a career but who knows if that's doable anyway here's some recent sketches from photos and some other cartoony-type stuff, again any feedback is awesome. Thanks for looking :)

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
j.mcgovern wrote
on 24 May 2014 10:35 PM

oops forgot to upload the weird stuff

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 5
Sonya Ball wrote
on 25 May 2014 8:17 AM

These are great drawings, you have a very firm grasp of realism. You asked for critiques, so here goes.

What I see:

The elephant has good lines, but the shading is a little off, try using a more subtle shading technique on a lighter drawing like this, and I think you'll be pleased with the results. Squirkling (tiny circles that have no pattern) would be great.

On the ant, I feel like you got a little too dark with the shading, especially on the front half of it. The head is darker than the hind end, and it looks confused. Try less shading and some good highlights.

I like the squirrel just the way it is.

The left side of this tiger's face is not correctly shaped. Also, stripes are missing on the left side.

Turkey has the same problem as the ant, too dark on the shading, not so much on the bottom, which should be very dark, but as you go up into the neck, it should be much lighter than it is to denote red.

I hope this helps you. Remember, you have done very, very well. I am sure you will get so much better.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 270
on 27 May 2014 1:19 AM

Hey J.mcgovern !!! No doubt these all sketches are quiet good.. I think you can to start your career in this sketching field without any hassle. Daily practice may help you to draw more attractive and creative sketches.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS