Intro

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
mbartgallery wrote
on 18 May 2014 5:17 AM
Morning everyone, brief intro, artist for about 3years, started with acrylic doing mainly scenery and abstract, picked up watercolour in the past year, so enjoy painting, it's to find the time that is the struggle, the day to day activities and having a full time job(not complaining) sometimes leave very little in a 24 hr period. Hoping to gain other artists insight into their passion and maybe pick up a few tips and friends along the way. Happy Painting! Mike
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 543
Points 4,550
on 18 May 2014 12:40 PM

Mike—

Happy to have you on board.  You'll find everyone here from experienced professional artists and art teachers to those of us who are just beginning.  We all share a love of art—of drawing and painting.

Paul

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
studyart9 wrote
on 19 May 2014 6:45 AM

Hello,

I am  new in this forum and here i want to be a part of art forms and also learn ways for enhance artistic skills by the advice of experienced artist.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 543
Points 4,550
on 19 May 2014 2:21 PM

Studyart9—

You're in the right place. We have a lot of members willing to offer their opinions and experience. For starters, you might keep up with the day to day postings. There is a lot to be learned from the comments on other members artwork and questions.

Glad to have you with us.

Paul

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
studyart9 wrote
on 21 May 2014 1:07 AM

Thanks alot Paul for encouraging me and giving me a right way to indulge in best & innovative art forum.... :)

I want to increase my drawing skill so i am confused that where to start !!!  So give me suggestions that where to start good drawing and what art supply is needed.

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 200
on 21 May 2014 4:33 AM

Yeah its true day by day activities can stop our creativity because of tiredness and other jobs related stress. I am also interested in arts and want to become a good artist by doing more creative arts.  In this form i have seen various good source of learning to paint and other art medias also available here. I am happy to here see numerous mixed media of arts. Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 543
Points 4,550
on 21 May 2014 1:09 PM

Studtart9—

You asked for some suggestions how to start learning to draw well—and what art supplies you need.

You are starting in the right place. Learning to draw well is step number one and the way to start is to draw every chance you have. You don't have to be making elaborate finished looking drawings. You should be sketching the things around you.

Drawing is a skill. It is the coordination of your hand, mind and eye that allows you to record images of the things you see. Like any skill it takes practice over a period of time to develop. That is why people say that you learn to draw by drawing. Since this is a basic coordination between your mind and hand, you should be practicing by drawing things around you—things that you see.

There are some basic principles of drawing that will help you, especially as a beginner. That's why a couple of good drawing books will be a great help. Here at Artist Daily there are a number of good books on drawing offered free. Just check the home page on the right side. Any book like this should be used as a work book. There are a lot of artists out there who are self taught.

You asked about materials. Start with the pencils and paper you have around the house. Buy some inexpensive copy paper, nothing fancy. Right now you are just practicing and learning. You are developing skills that you can use and continue to improve for the rest of your life. As you get into this more, visit a local art supply store and buy a kneaded erasure and a tablet of drawing paper.

Nothing can help you more than yourself—you learn to draw by drawing.

Good luck—

Paul

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
studyart9 wrote
on 26 May 2014 6:48 AM

Thanks Paul for giving me these valuable key points of drawing. Yeah actually you are right, firstly i have to draw things which are around me that will help me out to draw easily. Also thanks for suggesting me art books which helps me alot to know more about arts & their techniques. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS