time and motion

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
gumaro wrote
on 12 May 2014 12:36 PM

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what to paint for an upcoming project. The professor explained that we must include time and motion within the work and there could be multiple paintings. I honestly have no idea what to paint but I was thinking something simple yet complex. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks a lot

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 552
Points 4,625
on 12 May 2014 3:18 PM

gumaro—

This assignment is meant to ignite your imagination and get you thinking. Therefore, it is not right to ask others to do your thinking.

What I can tell you is how to go about getting your thinking started. You will not get anywhere staring at a wall. Instead, do some research. Use the Internet. What are the the modern and the historical concepts of time? How do Einstein's theories relate this? "Time" is an intangible but there are many symbols relating to it. There is a chance that you will be working with a montage—possibly something that is to some degree surrealistic.

Check on the way time is expressed in our language. It has been referred to as the "fourth dimension". The expression "time frame" alone could be the basis of a design. Check Google images and Bing for "concepts of time". I just checked and there are a lot of things to get your thinking started. The idea of "motion" can involve transition.

The first step is to make pencil thumbnail sketches of ideas as they occur to you during your research. The second step is to review the small sketches and refine the designs, again as small sketches. These should be just quick idea sketches—but they should be neat and organized. Step three is to make a half size pencil drawing of at least two of your last group of thumbnail idea sketches.

This is the way to explore any project of this sort. I was a designer and an art director and I have had to deal with projects just like this throughout my career. In fact, on one occasion, I had to deal with this very same subject—time— for a series of sixteen graphics. It is a great subject and a wonderful challenge.

Good Luck

Paul

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 80
studyart9 wrote
on 6 Jun 2014 12:37 AM

Hello Gumaro,

Yes , i can understand your situation its complected when we have some big art task but the most important thing is that time & motion both are play a big roll in art. According to these two factor you can decide your way of art also get interesting idea for paintings.

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 205
on 6 Jun 2014 12:48 AM

Well time and motion is mandatory term for arts according to these two you can accomplish your goal ASAP.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS