All Media Photo challenge 43 May, 2014

This post has 227 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 9 Jun 2014 3:32 PM

Thanks Karen.

Hello Charlie........no problem at all....I sometimes just like exploring shapes and letting viewers decide what they can see/feel in/ about the resulting work.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Jun 2014 8:39 PM

Joseph, I am glad you got this lovely painting posted. As Sarah said well worth the effort. Very nicely painted especially the bottle. I like the yellow table cloth too. Well done. Next time you add a painting hit the reply button after the last comment and you won't have all the reference photos tagging your post.  Hope you join in some more.

I am fighting the same reference today and you did a much better job especially the bottle which I have messed  up. It is always fun to see how others interpret references. 

Sarah, lovely work on both paintings. I really like the first but both are well done and it is always fun to try a different approach.

Alex, good to see you hear you have been missed. Hope you can paint again soon. Brain fog is no fun.

Well I am back and happy to get painting again although I had a lovely but tiring time with the grands. Both boys are growing up and  the almost two year old was getting quite an English accent after two weeks of Granny saying words! He can say "cup of tea!" With quite the proper twang!!  Curly One and Granny have been singing all the songs from Mary Poppins  after watching the movie. Another generation hooked! When I am not doing that I have been reading, reading anything to keep him from running and jumping. Charlie and the chocolate factory and James and the. Giant peach.and more!! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Jun 2014 11:15 PM

Okay here is what I did today. I must say it was nice to get back to the studio and just paint today. I only had a 10 x10 square canvas so had to crop some and probably should have cropped more but here is where I am now. the bottle is off and I am not sure how I will resolve the bottle opener! still a way to go.

Oil 10"x10" canvas.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Jun 2014 2:57 AM

Hello Jen, everything looks well on the way...the bottle opener....just make sure that  it is straight down the centre from top to end, it bends a little upwards half way.

Candlestick, fruit and grapes well observed.

Thanks for commenting on my two paintings.

Sarah

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,510
Points 51,575
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 10 Jun 2014 10:24 AM

Jen, I really like the colors and the shine on the fruit.  Looking forward to the finished painting.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 265
on 10 Jun 2014 1:30 PM

Hi Jen , thanks for your comments on my painting (bottle & table cloth) I was pleased to see that every one did not object to me changing the 

table cloth. Your painting is looking SUPPER I do like the sparkle.

If I may suggest that you loose the corkscrew , I think it is taking away from the overall FINE  painting.

Put a piece of paper over it and see what you think. It is your interpretation .

Joseph

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 10 Jun 2014 6:47 PM

Hello Jen!  I'm glad you survived your visit with the grands;  glad you are reading them the children's "classics!  I imagine getting back to the studio was a joy for you.  Your two postings of the still life are great.  I personally like it cropped.  As far a s removing the corkscrew, that's your decision.  I think it could go either way.  Keep on, happy painting lady!!Big Smile

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 10 Jun 2014 6:54 PM

Joseph ~ I don't know if anyone here mentioned it yet, but if you want us to critique your work, please add  "comments & critiques welcome" after your name.  Otherwise, we cannot offer constructive criticism.  Can't wait to see more art from you. 

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Jun 2014 12:20 AM

Thanks for the good comments Sarah, Charlie, Joseph and Nealey. I put in the corkscrew because the shape and shine was a challenge but I stopped when I did as I was not sure about that corner of the painting. It seems a bit crowded so will have a look again with fresh eyes. I was slapping around thick colourful paint and having a ball. I hope I can keep that loose feel and not go back and fiddle it to death! 

Joseph, feel free to interpret the references any way you want or just use them as a jumping off point for your own ideas. No fixed rules here just make art your way and have fun! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 658
Points 10,625
karend84 wrote
on 11 Jun 2014 10:09 AM

Jenn wow a lot in a 10x10.  It is looking great.  Looking forward to seeing what you decide.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 48,785
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Jun 2014 11:07 PM

Thanks Karen!

Well I did a bit on the still life but did not like it so wiped it off again! but here is what I did. Will rethink on Saturday! It is all a process! Sometimes is works but my heart was not in it today. One of the ladies brought her Granddaughter and the little girl likes me to play in the clay with her so I didn't get much chance to paint until late.

Anyway here is what I did before I wiped it off again. I also made the bottle wonky trying to fix it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Jun 2014 2:57 AM

Hello Jen,

I think you have a good result here as it is a very 'busy' set piece with only the background wall as a calm place to rest the eye.

Sarah

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Jun 2014 5:17 AM

NOT the Quebec  façade but I thought maybe this one of a Mediterranean house entrance would be of interest? water-colour on Not paper.

Sarah

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,510
Points 51,575
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 13 Jun 2014 2:43 PM

Jen, I really liked it the first time.

Sarah, this is a very nice watercolor. I especially like the shadow work.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Jun 2014 3:26 PM

Thanks Charlie, 

early evening shadow is easier to paint than bright daytime!

Sarah

Page 12 of 16 (228 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS