All Media Photo challenge 43 May, 2014

This post has 227 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 47,735
Turps245 wrote
on 19 May 2014 10:00 PM

Nealey, this is a beautiful drawing of a sweet child. You have captured that innocence that makes us all know why we had kids. Yes they grow up fast! It is a tricky pose too. good work.

Thank you all for the good words on the boats.

Today I finished Bonnie's kitty. Probably not the best likeness but fun to do. 10x10 oil on canvas. A bit wet still.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 863
Points 19,505
Hearadh wrote
on 20 May 2014 6:18 AM

Hello Nealey.

thanks for your comments about my work....I haven't been painting with w/colours for long. but they don't take much time or space.

Your graphite drawing is lovely and very sensitive...I really believe you have to know the person to do them justice which was why I always avoided taking on portraiture commissions.

Going on a tour of Castles and Gardens..South East England...so yes...hope the weather is good but I will take by brolly anyway.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 863
Points 19,505
Hearadh wrote
on 20 May 2014 12:38 PM

Hello Jen,

the cat looks as if it has been 'up to London to look at the Queen'...makes a pleasing composition posing behind the flowers.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 965
Points 14,085
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 22 May 2014 8:41 AM

Jen, love your painting of Missy,it is beautiful and looks just like her. She liked to lay there in the sun and watch for humming birds. The backlighting is very well done. This is so nice, I'm very happy you did this one, it brings back lots of memories of her.  

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 965
Points 14,085
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 22 May 2014 8:51 AM

Nealey, wonderful drawing of your grandson. You have captured his softness as you mentioned near the end of his time of being a baby. I think I can feel the love for your subject in this. Very nice.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 22 May 2014 10:19 AM

Nealey wonderful drawing of your Grandson.  You are so good with a pencil.

jen great job on Bonnie's cat.  He looks so comfy in the sun and watching every move.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,458
Points 51,205
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 22 May 2014 12:37 PM

Jen, beautiful job on the seascape and the cat.  i like the seagulls.   I especially like the cats eyes.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,458
Points 51,205
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 22 May 2014 12:40 PM

Sarah, VERY nice watercolor. I hope he found some food.  I like the treatment of the rocks and the water.

Nealey, VERY nice drawing!!!

Kim, thank you for your comment on the bull.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 47,735
Turps245 wrote
on 23 May 2014 12:37 AM

Thanks everyone! 

Well I haven't heard from Marsha and I have e-mailed twice so have to assume she is still not well. I am off to see the grands this weekend I am not sure how long I will be gone maybe two weeks maybe one. Curly one has broken his elbow in two places and has had  his running and jumping put on hold!  Granny is needed to keep him entertained! 

Either way I  shall not be here to put another a Challenge together. So as so many of you have been gone we could Cary the current Challenge over another month or one of you could take over June. Alex said she would still do July.

so I am handing off to you guys to decide. If you need help start a conversation. I will have my iPad but cannot put a challenge together on it. I need the mainframe for that.

Thanks, Jen

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 23 May 2014 7:48 AM

I am going to have finished university from the 27th May, so on the 28th I could try and throw a challenge together perhaps. 
I can use some of my photos, and get a few others from the public domain to fit a theme.

Alternatively, we could carry this one over into the next month.  It would allow me a chance to be able to paint some of these photos too. 

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 47,735
Turps245 wrote
on 23 May 2014 2:28 PM

Thanks Thunk, I think letting it run is fine but maybe see what others think. It is not hard to do a challenge. I know your use of the computer is a little limited  can you make a file and save images to it!?  You just have to copy and paste the preamble at the top of the challenge and then change the challenge number, date and any theme or challenge then upload and name the pictures and who took them.Several here have done one and can help. Bonnie, Gerri, Kim. Anyway wait and see if anyone else has a comment. I leave on Sunday.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 509
Points 7,960
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 May 2014 3:26 PM

Jen ~ You did a fine job of Bonnie's kitty in oils.  I also like the backlighting effect around her shape.  Nice!

As for the June challenge, ( already - lordy!) I would be happy to have the challenge carry over to June.  We haven't had much participation.  I know it's finally the good season for most of us  to get outside. 

Have a wonderful stay with your grands, Jen.  Maybe you can teach the Curly one how to paint, since he's on the DL.Wink

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 509
Points 7,960
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 May 2014 3:31 PM

JEN, KAREN, BONNIE, SARAH & CHARLIE ~ Thank you all for your lovely comments on my drawing of my grandbaby.  Thanx for looking!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 23 May 2014 3:45 PM

Turps245:

Thanks Thunk, I think letting it run is fine but maybe see what others think. It is not hard to do a challenge. I know your use of the computer is a little limited  can you make a file and save images to it!?  You just have to copy and paste the preamble at the top of the challenge and then change the challenge number, date and any theme or challenge then upload and name the pictures and who took them.Several here have done one and can help. Bonnie, Gerri, Kim. Anyway wait and see if anyone else has a comment. I leave on Sunday.

Yes, my computer works fine now, and I have become accustomed to putting photos up.  Lets see what other people think for the time being though.

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 24 May 2014 1:36 PM

Sorry to hear Marsha is not able to host.  I hope she is okay. Thunk Thank you for offering to step in.  I'm okay with whatever is decided.  Hopefully I can find some time to participate.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Page 7 of 16 (228 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS