All Media Photo challenge 43 May, 2014

This post has 225 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,970
Points 49,900
Turps245 wrote
on 15 May 2014 9:15 PM

Well it happened again just leaving the studio and the heavens dumped on me, the lightening flashed followed by with hail as I ran down the ramp! Have to wonder if God is trying to tell me something!

I worked on Ballyvaughan  again. Almost finished. I think I have to lay the green stuff down in the water. What do you think? Had a right time with the speed boat. I think I may have a COI problem too. Maybe get rid of the darn speed boat it tone it down?

Anyway this is where I am today.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,015
Points 21,890
Hearadh wrote
on 16 May 2014 11:52 AM

Hello Jen,

sink the speedboat and either add some more waterbirds and darken the tonal seaweed on the right to balance the boats on the left.......ONLY suggestions!!!!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,015
Points 21,890
Hearadh wrote
on 16 May 2014 11:59 AM

This is based on the yellowy trees ref. 'photo....Vixen foraging for food.

watercolour on Bockingford       original is 7" x  5.5"

Sarah

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,970
Points 49,900
Turps245 wrote
on 16 May 2014 12:29 PM

Sarah, I really like this small vixen painting. She fits in her environment so well. Nicely done.

i think you are right about the speed boat. That is probably why I had such a hard time with it!  Yes, darken the green is probably the right way to go maybe add a couple or three seagulls. Will look at it with fresh eyes on Saturday. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 16 May 2014 4:30 PM

Jen - all yours are super; wow. The boys - yes, about the boys, but also about the colors and contrast - love it. Buttercup - almost cuddly; so nicely done. Ballyvaughan is beautiful!

Sarah - Buffalo Bill has wonderful colors and his expression is super. The Crayfish is my fav. of yours - awesome. The fox is more - a story; love it.

Sam - good to see you; hope you pop in more. Glad you are doing well from c. surgery!

Charlie - nice text. on that bull!

Thunk - great ink; agree with Sarah that the Puffin is esp. nice. Hope to see Sadie in color later when you have time; this sketch is very promising. Sadie will be honored.

MeganJo - love it! The contrast by the boat, the text., etc. - all adds up.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,015
Points 21,890
Hearadh wrote
on 17 May 2014 7:55 AM

Thanks Jen and Kim. Hope to paint another one before I go away.

Sarah

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,970
Points 49,900
Turps245 wrote
on 17 May 2014 9:36 PM

Kim, Thanks!

well I sunk the speed boat, messed with the seaweed and added a few seagulls. I'm done! Unless there are any suggestions.

then I started on Bonnie's cat. Poor thing!

10x10 oil on canvas

She looks a bit grumpy at the moment!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 704
Points 11,510
karend84 wrote
on 17 May 2014 10:51 PM

Sarah you Vixon is wonderful.  You capture your wildlifes environment so well.

Jenn Bravo.   Your sky is fantastic.  You were right to sink the speedboat.  Everything looks great.  Sign it its done. Can't wait to see Bonnie's cat.

I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to paint from the challenge, hope to do one before the end of the month.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 18 May 2014 12:11 AM

Sarah, love your vixen. You captured it's dainty slender form and perfect colour. Very nice.

Jen, great job on your sea scape. I think sinking the speed boat was the thing to do. The gulls you added take your eye up to your beautiful sky. Lovely painting.

Jen, my kitty is looking a little sinister for sure. I will be looking forward to seeing how she turns out. She could be sinister depending on the circumstances.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,015
Points 21,890
Hearadh wrote
on 18 May 2014 4:53 AM

Hello Karen and Bonnie,

thank you both for your kind comments.

Hello Jen   agree, leave it as it is and get to work on the Cat!

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 10,115
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 May 2014 7:37 PM

Hello everyone!  It's been awhile, obviously ~ I forgot my log -in password heehee.

Here is a drawing of "my little grandson".  My daughter took the photo ON THE EVE OF HIS 5TH BIRTHDAY & I WAS  STRUCK BY HOW THIS IS PROBABLY THE LAST PHOTO WHERE HE LOOKS LIKE A BABY.  The little man is growing up.Sad

8" x 10" graphite & charcoal on paper.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 10,115
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 May 2014 7:42 PM

Hi Jen!  Your quick oil of the cow is nice.  Painting has nice and clean color ! sweet!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 10,115
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 May 2014 7:46 PM

Sarah I wish I could take private watercolor lessons from you!  Your crayfish WC has such soft colors & good layering of colours.  Simple but fresh.

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 10,115
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 May 2014 7:48 PM

Hello Thunk!  This is a good quick study of the horse.  I think I previously missed your last two drawings, sorry!  The Puffin is my favorite also!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 628
Points 10,115
NealeyPea wrote
on 19 May 2014 8:02 PM

Hi MeganJo!  Welcome to the group!  It's nice to try different mediums & your waterscape is successful.  Hope you post more with us.Big Smile

Sarah I'm impressed at how well you can do wildlife in WC.   Yes I know.....PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!  If you haven't left yet, have a good trip & hope the sun shines down on you!

Jen, it's good to see how busy you are.  I enjoy seeing your progress on your oil paintings, as I really never spent much time with oils.  The suggestions from Sarah sure improved your final seascape.  It's great!    Can't imagine how Bonnie's kitty will turn out at this stage, but again it's informative seeing the beginning steps.

Nealey

Page 6 of 16 (226 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS