Please critique.

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
mcfearless wrote
on 22 Apr 2014 1:54 PM

I have a few paintings that I'm currently working on. Aside from a painting course that I took 2 years back in college I I haven't had any other instruction before or after. I've always had a love for art but I stopped practicing it back in middle school. I often wonder how my life would have turned out had I chosen to go to The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts here in Houston. 

I shouldn't dwell too much in the past though. Fortunately I have been getting the artistic itch which I have begun to scratch. The self portrait that I'm attaching is the one I did for my final painting in my college class. The other two are of current paintings that I'm working on. I am Mexican-American and am very proud of my roots so I'm mainly working on paintings having to do with anything Latin American. 

Please critique my paintings. I am open to any and all suggestions. I want to grow as an artist more now than ever before. Thanks in adavance.

Roland

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
geoeuresti wrote
on 29 Apr 2014 12:20 AM

I think your work is fantastic ! 

I am also a mexican american artist here in Colorado. I totally dig the Zapata painting.

For you not  painting  in a long time your picking it up quite well for such a long  layoff. ! 

I think these works are great and in due time youll pick up your own unique stylo !

~George~

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
mcfearless wrote
on 9 Jul 2014 9:23 AM

Thanks George! after that last post I had put my paintings to the side due to my dog passing away. I have started painting just recently. Here's a painting I was working on of my dog before she passed. I will be finishing soon. And the second one of the lions is one that I recently started working on. The white on the lioness is molding paste, which I'm using the get a little 3D effect on the painting. You can kind of see on the lion's face where I did the same around his mouth, eyebrows and even his ears. Let me know what you think!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS