ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 213 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,190
Berkenstock wrote
on 29 Apr 2014 11:04 PM

Jen I hope everything stays together I am impatiently wait for the glaze.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,190
Berkenstock wrote
on 29 Apr 2014 11:06 PM

Nice pic of Billbo's hut.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 29 Apr 2014 11:33 PM

Thanks Gerri it will probably be a while!

Karen thank you so much for hosting this month. You did a wonderful job!

I got ahead of myself and thought today was the 30th so sorry to jump the gun on you but the May challenge is up! Phew!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 854
Points 19,355
Hearadh wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 4:40 AM

Hello Karen, thank you,

Nealey...egg  sactly!!!

Jen...it is too cold definitely but ...I don't think even a tornado would waken it up!!!

Geri thanks...do you mean the Alice dormouse saying about being 'well in'???

A big thank you to Karen for providing the inspiration this month at such short notice.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,443
Points 23,190
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 8:11 AM

In the song WHITE RABBIT by Jefferson Airplane there is a line that said. "Just rember what the dormouse said, feed your head."  It is from a song that probably would not have listened to. (acid rock)

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 854
Points 19,355
Hearadh wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 9:22 AM

Thanks Geri for the explanation re. the dormouse.......I feed my face not my head!!!

Have heard of acid rock but never listened to it knowingly!

Forgot to say thank you to Jen for putting together the April Challenge...so Thanks Jen. 

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 6:06 PM

Karen, THANKS for all the work put in for this month!

Karen, your hubby's expression is captured well and the paper chosen works great for the effect. Love your ptg. of the wooded trail - nice to see the WIP and it clearly turned out well worth all the effort. Super colors/lighting. The Tamaqua ptg. is looking good.

Jen, your clay creations look fun but I don't envy you trying to construct them with so many possible pitfalls like cracking, etc.. They should be happy in your garden when done, esp. if the one has a spot to fish. So nice to see you working in your studio! Looks organized. Cute bunny artist.  The robin looks happy and I like the color you achieved.  Little Karen - a doll. Hope I remembered all - you stayed busy this month; good for you!

Claudia, hope you save your colorful eggs and add to your collection for next yr.. The lamp lady has nice contrast. Great job on the chicks in the farmhouse ptg. - not easy.

Thunk - welcome!! Hope you do manage time after your big proj. to paint next month. Looking fwd to seeing more. Your works this month were varied and looked fun for you. I esp. like the butterfly.

Nealey - Love your sepia ink drwg.! Your portrait of Bob is cool - creative and well done.

Sarah, I really enjoyed viewing your first work for this month! The colors and texture in the stream are super. Egg sketches are simple/effectively done. Ditto for your flowers - so fortunate to have a green thumb and flowering results to also have access for ptg.. Esp. like your mixed media tech. for the dormouse. Lovely butterfly - the colors for the entire ptg. are well thought out and beautiful. Your lamb has just the look you were after - soft/impressionistic, warm.

Geri - I think you've made noticeable improvement since I've been on AD...and you were good before. Nice job on all. The lighting for Karen's hubby is good and the mouth looks quite natural. The ink figures - good job. The colors for the rabbit and the mixed media all work so well together - great job.

Paul - Beautiful eggs and effect of ink. Good to see ya.

E.D. - Nice Spring ptg. and I esp. love the sky and distant soft colors. Glad to see your work again and that you're feeling better. A move can put one in a spin.

Alex - Hope we hear more from you...miss you! Your art too.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 6:31 PM

Thanks Jen, Karen, and Nealey for your kind thoughts and the comments on my ptg..

Nealey, the wood was lightened quite a bit from my orig. ref. photo, which was ptd. black and not as interesting (aka too hard to do so this opt. was much easier). Thanks again.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 959
Points 13,935
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 8:24 PM

Thank you Karen for your month's challenge. I didn't have much time to participate but I did follow along with the posts to see everyone's wonderful work.

I loved the photo of Jen with the backdrop of so many pieces of art done through the many months of challenges. This is a lovely tribute to these challenges.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 499
Points 7,805
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Apr 2014 8:38 PM

Kim ~ Thank you for your kind comments!

Karen ~ You did a great job on the April challenge.  I got a few completed & have 3 WCs on my desk that I work on occasionally.  Maybe they will be finished someday!

Geri ~ I'm feeding my head every time I participate in the AD group. Wink

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 1 May 2014 12:25 PM

Thank you everyone for participating in this Months challenge.  I had a great time.  I am in the process of putting a gallery together but my computer is not cooperating.  I hope to have it done today.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 1 May 2014 4:35 PM

I thought I had it figured out and could put the gallery together by posting one pic at a time.  Computer still fighting me.  Once I post I can't get it to let me post again.  I may have to try and do it from my phone.  

I have to go to my class and then a twelve hour shift tommorow but will continue the battle.  I will let everyone know when the battles won and the gallery is up.  Thankss for your patience.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 1 May 2014 10:06 PM

Karen you can add them all then post.  If it goes off on it's own just hit edit and keep going! It did it to me a couple of times this time! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 1 May 2014 10:16 PM

Thanks Jen.  That isn't the issue once I attach a pic then go to attach another I get a spinning circle and it says loading.  Gets stuck there.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 1 May 2014 10:37 PM

Bummer. I guess wait to see if the sight speeds up later! Don't you just love balky computers! 

Page 13 of 15 (214 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next > | RSS