ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 212 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 8:20 AM

The comfort of a home, the beautiful countryside and a good meal! Gardening, hiking walking, never winter in hobbiton, always spring! A favourite children's book of mine, and a constant reminder of the times spent in my childhood reading, and playing in the woods. Usually because it is spring and the weather is nice enough to go out. This, my justification of the theme.  This is the style I wish to learn more of. First time doing watercolour and ink in years. Not bad for a first attempt. The picture this is based on is not my own. It is straight from one of the prints of the hobbit book, and I have done this purely for personal enjoyment. Enjoy!

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 11:55 AM

Jen your gnome is coming along great.

Thunk nice job on the Hobbit sketch.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 11:57 AM

Did some more on Tamaqua.  Wow is this a challenge. 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 460
Points 7,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 9:18 PM

Hi everyone - I'm back with a new computer ~ YAY!!

Jen ~ You are certainly practicing your art lately!!  GOOD FOR YOU!  The two pencil lamp ladies are fine - second one is much better.  Thanx for sharing that great photo of you with all your framed art behind you - so nice to see!  You got more clay, oh boy!  Your newest garden gnome is funny - nice bum!  Your sketch of Karen as a small child is very good.  I like how her little face , hair and clothes are drawn.  That was such a small photo to work from.  VERY PRODUCTIVE, JEN! StarStarStarStar

Karen - Your WIP of the landscape is coming along nicely.  I was interested in that photo, but I couldn't really decipher what is behind the trees.

THUNK - Good drawings of the statue lamp with nice graduation of values.  I recognized your Ink & WC sketch immediately.  I am a Hobbit fan from way back.  Such wonderful books!

Geri - Thanx for your comments.  I like using the sepia pen, but as you say, it does not show much contrast.  I'll try the "add black' trick next time. 

Geri - I like your Easter bunny in WC & ink.  The WC background in the bottom left has wonderful effects.  (Hope bunny's tumor isn't critical...)  And your ball point ink of the two statue lamps are interesting.  I ilke the style - I can see you working out the shapes in the drawings.  Reminds me of some famous artist (besides you) but I can't think of who right now...

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 10:26 PM

NealeyPea:
Reminds me of some famous artist (besides you) but I can't think of who right now...

It is probably Jackson Pollack.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,945
Turps245 wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 10:55 PM

Karen, thanks for the good words on Mr. gnome! :)

You have certainly taken on a big challenge and doing really well with it too. I could not even think of trying all those houses and perspectives.it is coming along really well.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,945
Turps245 wrote
on 25 Apr 2014 11:18 PM

Oh boy I had a bg long paragraph written and away it went not out space and Nealey and Gerri popped up. I guess you guys knocked me off!!

Thanks Nealey! 

Thunk great job on the Spring house! 

ATTENTION EVERYONE!! 

MARSHA, is still not feeling well and can't perform her hosting duties this next month. So I thought we could swap the June challenge and do the potluck in MAY.

IT just needs everyone to post two photos each. Just start a conversation with me if you can ASAP. If this forum is to survive we all need to pull together to make it work or it will just die a natural death. I know many of you have had health and work issues but we need each other if this is going to work.

i will put the post together I just need you to site where each photo came from and whether you have permission to use it or it is from public Domain. Maybe a reference you have been thinking of painting. The subject does not matter it just needs to be a clear paintable picture. So see what you can do and let me know.

Thanks,

jen

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 18,900
Hearadh wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 3:58 AM

Hello Jen.....it should be a FIG (ure) leaf...good reason for that if you have a look at classical sculptures!!!!!!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 10:20 AM

Jen and Nealey thanks for the nice comments on my landscape WIP.  Nealey I gave up on remembering what is behind the trees.  I know a few of the main buildings.  I haven't been to my daughters in a while so I'm going by the pic.  If I can see the shape it becomes a building if I can't it becomes tree.  Smile

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 10:23 AM

Jen sorry to hear Marsha is still under the weather.  I have some pics I didn't use for April that I will send.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,945
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 1:11 PM

Sarah, it was a typo, I know it is a fig leaf! Do you have two pictures to add to the potluck? 

Karen, thanks Bonnie has some too so that is a start. With my two that makes six pictures. Anyone else got some pictures for the May potluck challenge??  If so please start a conversation and I will send you my e-mail. Thanks guys! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 18,900
Hearadh wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 1:48 PM

Hello Jen, I will try of course. My daughter may have a few we could use.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 460
Points 7,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 9:47 PM

Jen ~ so sorry to hear about Marsha.  I miss her around the posts.  I'm sure I can get 2 photos to you.  What is your deadline??? Tthe end of the month is fast approaching...

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,945
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 9:48 PM

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,945
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Apr 2014 11:56 PM

Thanks Nealey, as soon as you can. I sent you a conversation. 

Page 11 of 15 (213 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS