ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 213 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 11:59 AM

Hello to:-

Thunk...delicate rendering...have you noticed the top wing looks like a masked face

Karen..agree again with Jen

ED... nice to see you back

Nealey...sensitive portrait

sorry to be so succinct but haven't much time to spare at the moment.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 5:02 PM

Liz thanks for joining in.  I hope we can see you more now rust your back from Florida.  Great job on the girl in the meadow.  

Sarah your butterfly is beautiful.   

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 5:37 PM

Karen & Jen & Sarah ~ thanks for your good comments on "Bob".  I'm real glad I put smiles on your faces!  He was fun to do.  I liked the light source coming from below - which reminded me of cowboys sitting around a fire. That, and reading another Robert B. Parker novel is what influenced me.  And no, I don't think Bob looks sinister either!

ED ~ Good to see you posting again.  It's always nice to try different mediums & surfaces!  Nice work on your acrylic landscape.

Our computer is pretty much FRIED.  Plus, we've been running Windows XP & it's obsolete now.  If I'm AFK for a week or so, it's because we're looking for a replacement.  HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 5:50 PM

Sarah, didn't mean to ignore your WC.  Your post just popped up in my Email - another example of broken CPU.Sad The soft colours  are effective, love your background again!  You do them so well!

If I missed anyone else's post, SORRY it's noT me - it's TECHNOLOGY!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 18 Apr 2014 5:45 AM

Hearadh -

I had only noticed that the top wing looked like a mask until you had pointed it out.  This is in part accidental, as I had rendered the ink when the paper was still wet due to impatience.  Thus, I had little control over where the ink went when I wetted it further.  I shiould have waited for the watercolour pencil to dry out first.  It is still quite amusing.  I am tempted to add two little nostrils, for a teenage mutant ninja turtle to suddenly appear.

Secondly,  I may be able to do some drawing or painting on Sunday, however, it is Easter Sunday.  I may find a couple of hours in the afternoon, though I am currently practicing fundamentals of perspective, and may do some abstract experimental 1-point perspective drawings instead.  I'm also working on rendering the basic shapes in perspective, as I've only ever done it freehand really.  I am hoping this will lead me onto far more complex drawings, and a better skill in hatching.

Maybe I'll squeeze one more in, but I doubt it, as my biggest project of my life ( my final major project of my last year of university) is due.

I love the oil on canvas of the woods, with the light breaking through between the trees.

Furthermore,  I've managed to find a photoshop on one of the laptops at university again, so hopefully, I should have a bigger butterfly.  

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 19 Apr 2014 10:39 PM

Thunk, Glad you found Photoshop and we could see your enlarged butterfly and all the details. Now I can see the mask too what a screech!

I haven't done much at the studio other than spring cleaning my locker and making more room for my clay supplies. I have too much stuff! Today all I did was this quick and rather strange looking sketch.  Her neck is too long and looks like her head is falling off!! :) I was helping another granddaughter of one of the ladies play with clay too, in the process clay ended up on my sketch!  Not my best. I may try again when I am not so distracted.

In my sketchbook regular pencil and not completed.

Happy Easter to All!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 11:48 AM

Jen great attempt at the lady lamp.  This one is difficult.  All the shapes are elongated.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 11:56 AM

Happy Easter to all. I Have been working all weekend and have to work today.  I started this underpainting at class on Thursday and worked on some more at home.  Really had a hard time working out the composition.  I re worked the underpainting a few times.  I think I'm happy with it now and starting adding the sky today.  We'll see how it progresses.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 11:57 AM

Sorry forgot the attachment

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 2:24 PM

Karen, I can see where this would take some planning and the dreaded perspective! Good start on the sky. What is the subject?  I am sure you will do a brilliant job! 

Thanks for the encouraging words on my odd drawing. I didn't stretch her body enough and her head is too big, neck and shoulder is out of wack too! I tried to do the negative spaces but as I said too distracted. I just wanted to have done some art that day! Still it keeps the hand in! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 2:30 PM

Karen..   good start, looking forward to seeing what you choose as your focal poiny.

Jen...you obviously know what to do next so no need to comment!!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 3:14 PM

Thank you Jen and Sarah.  This is the pic of the Mountain village from my house in Tamaqua.  Hard to see it at this point

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 6:00 PM

Here is my late Easter Greeting.  I wanted to post this this A.M. but never got around to it till now.  Ink & WC on 7x10 Lanaquarelle hot press.  I had trouble with the transition area from foreground to background and I am not real happy with the leaves but very happy with the rabbit drawing.  Hope you all enjoy.

Sorry it won't let me post my picture I will try later

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 6:20 PM

Here is my graphite sketch of the lamp. It is a3 size and I used derwent soft grade pencils. Using a 9b was like charcoal. First time I used them. Very fond of them. Broke 2 leads though due to applying too much pressure when using them sideways. I am very fond of this sketch. Took me an hour to get right shape and an hour and half to do the tonal rendering. 

I have accentuated some of the curves and made the left leg bulkier deliberately. Found the base difficult to look good so I decided to suggest it instead. Let me know what you think.

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,524
Points 24,450
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Apr 2014 9:50 PM

It finally let me post

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 9 of 15 (214 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS