ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 212 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 459
Points 7,155
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 9:51 AM

Alexandra!!!  So sorry Alex - had a mental burp......

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 12:05 PM

Sarah another beautiful flower.  Neat idea to do the back of the daffodil in cool purples.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 3:21 PM

Here be a butterfly on some flowers.  First time I'd used watercolours in a long time.    They were Derwent academy watercolours, followed by a black ink pen.    I couldn't get much detail in it, and the pattern I had to invent and go by the typical conventions of a buterfly.  I like art where you can simply suggest what is there.  Next time, I will do the same, but in watercolour paints, as I think i prefer this, and I can have more control over the colours I can paint over.  I also have more control over whether I want a wash, or simply a a more traditional paint look to it.

I loved using the ink pen however.  I'd like to use that more often.

Also, the flowers posted earlier are great!  Looking forward to getting outside on Sunday, and just sketching as much as I can.

Finally, can someone kindly pm me and tell me how to enlarge my pictures?  I would be grateful.

Thunk

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 6:47 PM

NealeyPea:
So sorry Alex - had a mental burp......

Were you thinking about ROOT BEER???

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 12:47 AM

Sarah, Love your heralds of spring Nicely done. You must have a lively garden with all those spring flowers. Here we just grow grass and I have three large pots on the patio with what they call knock out roses which are very hardy little roses that bloom all summer. Too hot to garden here in Summer.

Thunk, You did well with the butterfly, I like the detail on the butterfly with the pen. What size is it?  I don't know how you save your pictures but I download my camera into the computer and save them to a file and then resize them small and they come out quite big on here.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 5:18 AM

It. Is done on a4 size. I don't have a computer, so I take a photo with my iPod, send it via email, followed by downloading it on the university system to then upload on the site. I use it with attach file button when replying.

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 11:24 AM

Thunk nice job on the butterfly.  As for the upload you can try to crop before emailing.  Download to the university computer the size you want to post.  

Geri "funny thought"

I think im going to call this done.  9x12 oil on canvas board

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 5:27 PM

Karen, great painting. You have captured the light well. You should be proud of it. Sorry about the text my iPad just not obeying instructions!  I bet your teacher was pleased with you and put you top of the class! 

Thunk, my iPad has an edit feature where you can crop the picture so your iPod may too. Does your Uni computer have photoshop or other  type program to change size? I am not much with computers s that is as much as I know! Born when snail mail was it and I had to walk to the phone box.LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 459
Points 7,155
NealeyPea wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 9:58 PM

THUNK, hello!  Good to see you post again - nice job on the butterfly.  I hope you get to spend time this weekend doing more art!

KAREN, gorgeous job on the finished oil painting.  You portrayed the light filtering through the trees perfectly.  Good Work! Star

Geri, heh heh, funny guy!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 459
Points 7,155
NealeyPea wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 10:07 PM

Karen, I had a little "fun with BOB"!  I hope it does not offend either of you..the embellishments just happened subconsciously & I went with it.

pencil & charcoal on 7 1/2" x 9" paper

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 11:16 PM

Thank you Jen.  My teacher has not seen it yet.  I finished it at home.  Class is tomorrow night.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 11:25 PM

Nealey thank you for the great comment on my landscape.  

Your charcoal of Bob had me laughing.  I've never thought of him as sinister.  You really got a good likeness.  Bob loves it.  He said it makes him look like a tough guy.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,820
Points 46,915
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Apr 2014 11:48 PM

Nealey, Wonderful work on Bob, I am sitting here with a big grin on my face! You are so good at detail drawing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,746
Points 21,745
E.D. wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 10:36 AM

Thank you Karen for asking me to join the group for the April forum. This is my Spring painting to post. I have been doing different practicing on things other then canvas. I found that acrylics respond different on paper than canvas, so this is a practice piece. On 140 watercolor paper using acrylics.

The hair over the shoulder in front bothers me, I guess I should not have put that in. And in this picture the colors are not as bright as some of the others.  EVERY ONE IS DOING A WONDERFUL JOB THIS MONTH.  I no longer reside in Florida as of March 1st. I was sick the first two weeks of April but feel much better now. Everyone have a wonderful Spring.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 826
Points 18,900
Hearadh wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 11:51 AM

Sorry about this.  scanner hasn't produced the detail or the pinkness of the flowers or darkness of the background..

I have left the  painting just as...you will see how I try out the colours at the edge of the paper; original is approx. 5" x 4" on Fabriano HP 5.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Page 8 of 15 (213 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS