ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 213 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Apr 2014 8:22 PM

Glad you all like my fun bunny. I might have enough clay to do something else too! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 3:56 AM

Hello Karen,

agree with Jen's remarks.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 4:06 AM

Hello Claudia,

It wasn't clear, to me, that there was a link with the building and the foreground group in fact the hedge and fence were keeping them apart....if that was your intention all well and good. Perhaps if someone had been waving out of a window or standing behind /or in front  of the fence a link with past and present would have been more obvious?

Hope I haven't upset you. Unintentional if I have.

Sarah

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,350
on 12 Apr 2014 12:29 PM

Hi Karen,

These photos are wonderfully evocative of spring, which has just arrived in the Shenandoah Valley - and to think that we had snow after spring officially arrived. My neighbor has a tree more than two stories tall that is covered with beautiful white blossoms, and I can see it from my bedroom window.

Thanks again for the lovely reference photos - I'm looking forward to trying one and commenting on the paintings posted so far this month. I've missed you all, as well as that burst of endorphins that creating art produces.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 1:52 PM

Jen and Sarah thank you for your comments on my work in progress.  

Alex it is so great to hear from you.  I miss seeing your wonderful work.  Welcome back. 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Apr 2014 10:12 PM

Alex, Great to see you here again!

Well today we had Elvis at the spring festival at the barracks! He was good too so we got to listen to him for most of the afternoon while we painted. Some of our ladies are veterans and there was a special veterans art exhibit downstairs and two of our ladies sold paintings!  Also, lots of food and games and Helicopter rides too.So fun day and lots of people found  out about our studio.

I worked on the bunny some more. She wouldn't keep her bottom down so I made a base and stuck her down with some slip! The original handle broke when I touched it today so I made a sturdier one which I hope will hold. Made some basket weave on the basket and more eggs and some clean up. I think she is virtually finished will look again on Monday. Still got some clay so I will have to think of something small to do. Any suggestions?

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,355
Claudia S. wrote
on 13 Apr 2014 7:24 AM

Jen, The bunny turned out to be a big  project, but worth the effort. Basket turned out nice as well. Happy Easter:

Alex, nice to see you. Pretty Avatar!

Sarah, no I'm not upset, Of course I prefer the "well done " comments,who doesn't. But I also like constructive critisism and I ike the way other people see the art. Never had much lessons in how to do a composition. So all a learning curve. My Computer is down and hope I get it fixed, doesn't look good..

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Apr 2014 9:15 AM

This is just a quick water colour sketch of a few of the Spring flora in my garden this morning.

There is actually more space around the flowers in the original which is on HP Fabriano 5,  5" x 5.5"

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Apr 2014 9:37 AM

managed a 'better' upload. Still 5" x 5.5" and the same flowers. From my garden this morning. Very quick sketch on HP Fabriano 5

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Apr 2014 12:12 PM

Hello Jen,

why not try a sheep..the 'wool' is quite east to make if you make the body first and extrude the 'wool' through a sieve and attach with slip.  You could make a flock if you had enough clay.  Shetland/Soay sheep are the brown colour.

Sarah

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 7:52 AM

Sarah wonderful sketch and beautiful flowers.  I can't wait for things to start blooming here.  We finally got some warm days this week.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 8:32 AM

Thanks Karen,

I have  many plants blooming, they seem to be larger this year. My winter heathers have been colourful for four months now...purples/pinks/and white. The Himalayan miniature iris is fully out...

We didn't get the promised snow but it has been vey wet/windy and bitterly cold.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,270
Hearadh wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 1:10 PM

Hello Karen,

this is a daffodil viewed from the back...it was fun to paint it in a 'cold' colour

Actual life sized

water colour on HP Fabriano 5

Sarah

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 10:25 PM

Jen ~ Cute clay bunny you are working on!  I imagine it won't be done for this Easter ,  You make me want to play with clay again ~ so fun!

Karen ~ You are progressing well with your oil painting.  I really like the bright light coming thru the trees.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,145
NealeyPea wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 10:38 PM

Sarah ~ Thanks for sharing your quick spring flower WCs.. Enjoy your cool daffodil!  There is nothing blooming here yet TODAY except crocuses & daffodil shoots.  It was 70 degrees yesterday & tomorrow we are due for an inch or two of SNOW! 

ALEXANDER!  So nice you popped in.  I have missed your art & your comments.  Hope you get a little time to paint.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Page 7 of 15 (214 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS