ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 711
Points 11,635
karend84 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 12:35 PM

Nealey great sketch of the paint cans. There was alot going on in that pic and you captured it well with one color.  

Sarah what a beautiful pendant.  Your painting shows how delicate it is.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:19 PM

Nealey, Glad you are feeling  better and joining in again. This is another good sketch of the paint cans. It is quite a complicated set up and you have is all. the top can does look a bit precarious though!  Look forward to seeing your WC.

Sarah, What a sweet little pendant. I can see why you wouldn't want to let is languish hidden in a box. Lovely painting of it back and front.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:27 PM

Well it was a wet gloomy afternoon so I painted this little wc of the Robin. I made the painting more Spring like. He is gathering bits for his nest. I didn't really do him justice and WC is not a medium I like to do but it is all I had at the house.. It is 5x7. It turned into a beautiful sunny evening.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 711
Points 11,635
karend84 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 10:59 PM

Jen your watercolor of the robin looks great.  I like your background and the robin is really well done

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 6:59 AM

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 7:01 AM

Great!

I posted the painting and all the writing went away,grrrrr

So here we go again:

Sarah lovely pendant, I have seen something like this before, I think my russian aunt had something that looked like this. It's a lovely painting of both sites. I believe I missed your lamb last time I posted. Love the soft pastell colours. Our neibour has a lot of lambs now too.

Thunk, welcome and your little lamb scetch is nicely done. Hope to see more of your work here.

Nealey, good to see you back and your style of painting. So much going on , love it!!!

Jen your robin with the worm is beautiful.

I finished my old farm house with chicks today. It was hard to find the time, so I#m happy that is finished.

It's encaustic on wood 70x50cm

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 645
Points 10,380
NealeyPea wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 11:35 AM

Thank you to SARAH, KAREN, JEN & CLAUDIA for your comments on my paint can sketch.  The WC is NOT doing as well so far...

Sarah ~ Thanks for sharing your drawing of your porcelain egg. The object must be a beauty.

Jen ~ Good depiction of the robin with the worm.  I maybe would have cropped it some?  The first day our robins came back, it snowed & they had a hard time scrabbling around for food!

Claudia ~ The farm with chickens is a lovely portrayal of a moment in time.  I see a resemblance with your self portrait - is it you?

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 7:31 PM

Claudia, great painting of the girl with the chicken. Now is she taking it for Sunday dinner or giving it a hug? :) I love the houses in the back so different from the ones here. 

Karen, Nealey and Claudia,  thank you for the nice words about my Robin. Yes I thought afterwards it would have looked better cropped but as it is only 5x 7 it would make it very small! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 711
Points 11,635
karend84 wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 12:10 AM

Claudia a great scene and very well done painting.  It looks likes such a wonderful place to be.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,042
Points 22,340
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 10:35 AM

Hello Claudia,

I prefer the lower half of the painting cropped just above the ground floor window. The pargetting pattern is, to my eye, competing too much with the 'story' depicted  in the middle/foreground

Is it your niece holding the hen(s)? the hens legs/feet maybe could be less straight? The ground, fence and hedges are really well painted. Interesting subject.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 10:37 PM

Well another day and another critter!

I looked through pictures of rabbits and ended up doing a bit of a character rather than a real bunny! I am not a skilled realist! I was going to give her a hat but she was already front heavy so ended up with a ribbon. Some of her weight will end up on the basket but the wedge is holding her at the moment. I will probably do more details and maybe do a better coil basket. Hopefully the handle will hold up when it is a bit dryer.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Apr 2014 7:20 AM

Jen. with the brown clay it looks like a chocolate bunny, yummy, and it has the same nice , happy face like all the easter bunnys. So cute.

Thank you for the comments on my chicken painting. Yes, the girl looks a bit like my avatar and like my niece, wasn't on purpose. The reference photo I The girl didn't fit the style. So the resemblance is there.

Sarah, about the distracting part, I want to do more houses like this. All the houses are torn down and I have a series of photos that I wanted to paint in that manner. Idea was in the foreground people ( Doing something that connects with the age of the house)and the house in the background.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 711
Points 11,635
karend84 wrote
on 11 Apr 2014 10:52 AM

Jen I'm so glad you had enough clay to do the bunny.  He is so whimsical.  Can't wait to see him finished.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 711
Points 11,635
karend84 wrote
on 11 Apr 2014 11:00 AM

My second oil painting workshop last night.  It is very informal.  Our instructor wants us to go on our own then will help with suggestions where needed.  He had me start with the underpainting just to work out the painting.  He wants each of us to devolpe our own style. 

Here is last nights work.  All work was done in the background trees.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,991
Points 50,335
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Apr 2014 8:20 PM

Karen, you are making good progress with your painting. I am glad you settled that the teacher was fine with you progressing on your own  I think it is going to be a beautiful painting with that bright light filtering through. I hope you are learning new skills although you are already a very accomplished painter, we are always learning.

Page 6 of 15 (213 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS