ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 212 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 8:14 PM

Paul ~ Nice job on the Easter egg composition, very modern.  The inks are set off nicely on the canvas.

Sarah ~ Another lovely animal you painted!  Very nice texturing on the lamb & I esp. enjoy your background colors.Yes

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 8:22 PM

Jen ~ Easter is on everyone's canvas (paper) & your whimsical rendition is creative.  Thank you KAREN for enlarging the photo.  It seems that Jen's bunny ears look like they are front to back instead of side by side.  HIS right ear must be cocked - listening!

Claudia ~ Thanks for remembering to get pic of your eggs before it was too late!  Nice!! I like to draw on eggs with ink, just hate the blowing out of the guts part, hee hee!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 8:26 PM

WELCOME KERTHUNKEH!  Always glad to see new people contribute.  Nice job on your lamb drawing & hope to see more.  And maybe you have a name we can call you by - or a nick name?

Nealey

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 9:30 PM

Kerthunkeh, welcome to the forum. Your lamb sketch is delightful. I have taken the liberty of turning him around for you so we can see him better.

Okay this is not my sketch but Kerthunkeh's

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 9:32 PM

Jen's bunny ears are like that because old Jen's eyes could not see what was going on in the small picture!!  I will agree he was listening!LOL

Looks like I might have enough clay left to make a small bunny!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 9:35 PM

Claudia, I love your brightly coloured eggs. It is not easy to paint so small on a curved surface, well done. How many did you do?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 605
Points 9,435
karend84 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 12:37 AM

Claudia Thank you for the comment.  Your eggs are great.  Do you have holder for the egg while you paint?  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 605
Points 9,435
karend84 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 12:41 AM

Kerthunkeh welcome to the group.  You did a great job on the lamb.  As others have mentioned let us know what you would like to be called.  I hope you post more works.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 605
Points 9,435
karend84 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 12:45 AM

Nealey thanks for your comment.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 6:58 AM

Thank you Turps, for doing this,  I am limited on uploading for my photos, as I am using my iPod / iPhone, and I didn't realise that it had turned it sideways.  On my IPod, it put the picture the right way up. Next time I will upload it again to my email, download it, and then load it up properly from the university computers.  I'm very pleased with the finished sketch.  Thank you for your comments!  Now I see it on here, the highlighting from using the kneadable eraser hasn't come out quite as well as I'd hoped.  That is probably due to the terrible lighting.

Next one will probably be the butterfly, because I love watching them in the Countryside, and where I was from, there are loads.  As for a nickname, or what you can call me, simply call me Thunk.  Thunk is the shorthand.

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,785
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:12 AM

Hello Thunk,

lamb's nose well drawn.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,785
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:16 AM

Thanks Nealey...been years since I last used those pastel pencils.......for the background I just used all the colours I had drawn the lamb with and used a small sable to slightly smudge them 

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 11:35 AM

Good morning my artist friends!

I'm trying to contribute more than I have in last 2 months.  This is the paint can still life, drawn quickly with  a sepia Prismacolor fine pen.  3" x 4" sketchpad.

I started a WC of this, using only yellow ochre.  - not such a giant step from a pen drawing for me!!

Nealey

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,785
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 11:58 AM

This is a 'finished ' sketch of a 1"  porcelain Easter Egg which I bought in Russia. It is a pendant but I have never worn it just have it hung on the wall as an objet d'art.

I had to enlarge it because of its size...w/colour and pen.

The first view  has applied 3D roses and leaves          The second view is painted glazing. The blobs on the side are parts of the leaves which curled round to the other side.

I really haven't done it justice..it is a beautiful tiny little thing but I did want to share it.

Sarah

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,785
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 12:01 PM

Hello Nealey,

I do like this still life...reminds me of frottage........ a much under-rated technique not much used these days..

Sarah

Page 5 of 15 (213 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS