ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 42 - APRIL, 2014

This post has 213 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 854
Points 19,355
Hearadh wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 2:21 PM

the lamb, in pastel pencils. Meant to be impressionistic.. Can't use any other type of pastel as I am allergic to the dust.

Original is approx. 6" x 6" approx. on dark grey paper, no tooth to it.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
Points 1,420
Paul Darby wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 5:58 PM

Hi Karen,

I show up when whenever I can find the time. I enjoy Artiest daily and all the talented artiest. I used Colored inks on a 9x12 canvas board added the text with GIMP.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
Points 1,420
Paul Darby wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 6:09 PM

Thank you Jen. I do welcome cc's. I'll  show up whenever I can. I enjoy this Artiest Daily group.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 9:46 PM

Sarah, I love your little lamb. You do well with pastel pencils. The colour and suggestion of grasses in the bg enhances the colours in the lamb. He has a sweet face. He would look good on an Easter card.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 11:27 PM

Jen and Sarah thanks for your input on my oil journey.  It is very helpful.  

Paul thanks for responding about how you did the eggs.  I really like the effect you achieved with the ink.  

Sarah the little lamb was one of my favorite pictures.  You captured his sweet face and the colors you used are so soft.  Nice job.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 11:59 PM

Well while Jinx slept in our bed I got this little painting/sketch done. Just a bit of fun. I started in pencil then went over in ink ,then added Derwent watercolour pencils, then washed over with water! I lost some of the colours washing it over but it was fun to play. It is just in my sketchbook about 5x7.

Karen is there any way you could get a bigger reference photo?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 854
Points 19,355
Hearadh wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 7:23 AM

Thanks Karen and Jen........lots of lambs around here.  I always think it is a

Short Spring to a lamb chop!

Jen ...I like the idea of  a rabbit artist...just the ears need sorting out or give it an Easter bonnet!!!

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 959
Points 13,935
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 8:04 AM

Karen, your painting is coming along. I am enjoying everyone's input. It will be interesting to see the way your instructor takes you with this.

Paul, thank you so much for the lovely Easter painting and wishes. You got some great colours with the inks. Very nice.

Sarah, I love your lamb. I have started a sketch of this little character and you certainly got him down perfect. Your work with the pastel pencils is great for his texture and background. We don't see lambs so much anymore but there were lots of them when I was young. (too many wolves now).

Jen, great idea of your painting bunny. His expression and pose and with his egg creations are all around him is great. So cute.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 10:11 AM

Jen I love your Bunny. The paintbrush with painted eggs...great idea.  Im not sure why the pic downloaded so small.  I was able to go back to pmp and get it larger.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 9,995
karend84 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 10:20 AM

Bonnie thanks for your comment.  I look forward to seeing your lamb.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,850
Points 47,515
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 11:57 AM

Thanks Sarah, Bonnie  and Karen. Part of the problem with his ears was I couldn't see what was going on with them. The new photo makes such a big difference!! I can now see enough to maybe get a clay one made. My girls had rabbits years ago so I will have to see what pictures we have. It doesn't show his feet so I may have to find references for them. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 854
Points 19,355
Hearadh wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 12:50 PM

Thanks Bonnie.........no wolves around here nor do the lambs stay white for long!

Sarah

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 1:57 PM

Karen your oil is coming along great. Thanks for all the info on the way. Makes me want to try out oil too.

Jen cute rabbit, I should try it too I have one egg left. I forgot to photograph most of them. I just remembered today since I was using the lamb as a ref photo. I used acrylic paint.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 455
Kerthunkeh wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 6:54 PM

This is a sketch I did of the lamb. I found imitating the texture and trying to get the perspective on the body correct particularly challenging. Comments welcome. New guy here and loving the idea. If I have time between my dissertation for the degree I will do some more. I love butterflies and want to do something in colour again 

C&c are welcome! Love what you do. 

Love who you are. Love nature. Love art. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 499
Points 7,805
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 8:00 PM

Geri ~ This is a great portrait of Bob.  Eyes are real nice and the black background is very effective!

Karen ~ I like your "bike trail" painting just the way it is - so impressionistic!  Hope you are having a great time at your painting class.  Your oil underpainting is a good start & waiting to see how it all turns out!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Page 4 of 15 (214 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS