Where are all the pastel painters?

This post has 43 Replies | 14 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 26 Sep 2011 10:05 AM

Having just joined artist daily, I am disappointed to read the dates of Q/A's . Not a very popular painting medium (pastel) amoung the group it appears sadly. Being a successful pastelist and to this day still require to educate people, new clients about the wondeful qualities of pastels. Disspelling many, many myths about pastels is an ongoing process. Far to many people, collectors, galleries and yes, even other artist have little or no knowledge when it comes to painting in pastels.

I have established myself as asuccessful pastel painter and have done very well money wise. In order to be successful painting in pastels, like anyother medium, practice, practice, practice is the key to success. If one is willing to dedicate the time and disciplines to the medium you too can achieve success.

I would invite you to review some of my pastel paintings at www.EdDyerArtist.com. Then judge for yourself.

Ed Dyer PSA, DPS

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,620
Points 28,155
on 13 Oct 2011 2:11 PM

Ed you do very beautiful work.  I can only hope to be 1/2 as good.  I think that Pastel painting is becoming more popular, just the fact there are more workshops and resources popping up.  It is encouraging to see that Pastelists are making a presence in the "artworld".  I have recently joined artist daily myself and enjoy the feedback from all artists but somewhat partial to the Pastel artists. Thanks for sharing your advice and wonderful artwork.  ljgart

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 13 Oct 2011 3:27 PM

Ljgart:

Thank you for the kind words. In due time you too will paint with pastels like a pro. It takes practice, practice, practice, and discipline like anyother medium. In the past several years pastels have been acepted as a major painting medium. Just look in that time frame the many artist material manufacturers have offered all the materials for pastel painting. When I started painting in pastels I could count on one hand the number of manufacturers.

Happy painting.

Ed Dyer 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 13 Oct 2011 3:27 PM

Ljgart:

Thank you for the kind words. In due time you too will paint with pastels like a pro. It takes practice, practice, practice, and discipline like anyother medium. In the past several years pastels have been acepted as a major painting medium. Just look in that time frame the many artist material manufacturers have offered all the materials for pastel painting. When I started painting in pastels I could count on one hand the number of manufacturers.

Happy painting.

Ed Dyer 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
Points 2,215
on 27 Dec 2011 10:52 AM

Getting to this much later than originally posted.  I am amazed that there is someone else who is as obsessed with pastels as I am.  I can fill two six foot tables from end to end. Nice to know there is company.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Redutsa wrote
on 29 Dec 2011 7:40 PM
I am new to the forum, but am completely obsessed with my pastels. I feel there is a quality of light you can achieve and a saturation of hue that is simply breathtaking! I will figure out how to upload an image so I can get some feedback. Happy New Year!
Find your passion!
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
Points 2,215
on 30 Dec 2011 3:48 PM

Hi Redutsa

I too am new to the forum.  I have been doing pastels for 7 years now and love love them.  The colors are so vibrant and the texture is fabulous.  This is a pastel I did on board.  - Madeleine   Happy New Year!   ( Select the green film strip to upload images )  www.madeleinekelly.com

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 8:04 AM

Hello Madeleine:

WOW, i'm blown away after reviewing you website and wonderful paintings. Such viberant colors and motion in your paintings. Your use of color is simply outstanding creating a aire of excitment but yet restfulness, joined with your excellent composition.  I need to contact you and ask several questions about "how you do" several techniques that I am interested in applying to my paintings as well.  Wonderful works of art!

Ed Dyer

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 8:05 AM

Hello Madeleine:

WOW, i'm blown away after reviewing you website and wonderful paintings. Such viberant colors and motion in your paintings. Your use of color is simply outstanding creating a aire of excitment but yet restfulness, joined with your excellent composition.  I need to contact you and ask several questions about "how you do" several techniques that I am interested in applying to my paintings as well.  Wonderful works of art!

Ed Dyer

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 115
Ed Dyer wrote
on 26 Jan 2012 4:32 PM

Hi Madeleine:

Sent several emails to you asking several questions about your expressive techniques and how you achieve them. I would like to try them and loosen up in my pastelpaintings.  Always interested in trying something new and expressive.

Many thanks.

Ed Dyer, PSA, DPS

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 80
ninelika wrote
on 11 Jul 2012 3:52 AM

Madeleine Kelly

Liked your work very very much. I think it's great !

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
sarahmi wrote
on 17 Oct 2012 6:45 PM

wow,thats great,i love pastel too.Smile but i just started.

your moon was wonderfull.

sarah

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Anne Lacour wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 7:06 AM

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum; I didn't find the welcome section so I thought I would introduce myself here. 

I enjoyed the artwork posted here and wanted to share mine with you.

Sincerely,

Anne

www.annelacour.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnneLacour?ref=si_shop

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 100
sherina1934 wrote
on 8 Feb 2013 10:19 AM

WOW!!! I got a rush just looking at all those. Sorry I know the post is very old, but I just had to get it out there.

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS