Share your abstract artwork!

This post has 83 Replies | 17 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 372
Points 5,740
on 4 Feb 2011 1:47 PM

I really like this, the colours, the whole look of it.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
poartist wrote
on 20 Nov 2011 7:44 AM

You really know about this stuff?! I've been looking for this kind of thing for a long time. How in the (blank) does one adjust pixel width?? Do you know of a site that teaches this sort of thing? How are artists supposed to learn this? I don't see Artist Daily offering this kind of assistance. Thank you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,467
Points 20,775
jaydub wrote
on 20 Nov 2011 8:16 AM

I know enuff about this stuff after 6.000 plus images on file. Using dogwaffle, TwistedBrush,Artrage, and Adobe Photoshop, since 2004. I am self taught, and i went through all kinds of negative responses. While i was self marticulating at WETCANVAS. I was eventually given a guide status there.But when Wetcanvas got sold to F&W publishing, i got banished forever for not stepping in unision with corporate culture group think. I am not universally accepted, even on this site..obviously..lol I do all of my art making in jpeg format for internet use, and then through photoshop change the file over to a Tiff format for printing and sales online. Like i said before i am self taught..lol i tried to get a associate degree in desk top publishing, but me being 62 can not compete with 18 year olds born with a mouse in their hands. So all i can say is, keep having fun with your digi-ings. The ah ha's of computer art discovery will push you on further and further. Artist Daily will eventually have to start offering a podium for digi-artists. I am too busy making fine art, and trying to market my digi-straxs.Lol i actually created a word! *** happens yanno?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
on 25 Oct 2012 5:09 PM

Hello, I am a scientist studying the evolution of animal behavior using mathematical models.  I have absolutely no idea about art, but I think the contour plots I use to display my results are beautiful. Do you guys think this can be considered art, and if so is it any good?   

Figure 1. Divergence in optimal foraging effort for individuals with different initial states, predation risk on the x axis, and resource levels on the y axis. 

Figure 2. Sin[Effort] Divergence in optimal foraging effort for individuals with different initial states, predation risk on the x axis, and resource levels on the y axis. 

Figure 3. Linear size dependent safety. Divergence in optimal foraging effort for individuals with different initial states, predation risk on the x axis, and resource levels on the y axis. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
Points 970
kjw1980 wrote
on 27 Aug 2013 10:07 PM

They are slightly hypnotizing and I could see some of them framed and matted.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
nikkipodng wrote
on 7 Oct 2013 3:03 PM

I recently showed this to a friend of mine.  She totally didn't get it and now I am wondering if perhaps I am the only who understands it.  It is called wooing.  Your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks Nikki

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 5
Nashi123 wrote
on 24 Jan 2014 8:37 AM

Check out these great abstract artwork.

Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 345
on 2 May 2014 2:36 PM

Rework of college piece that worked fine for that period.  It is a 30x40 piece that I darkened the background, added the large planet in the background. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
engobes wrote
on 3 May 2014 12:14 PM

Am an artist with abstract paintings made using natural fibers.See www.zhibit.org/engobe/artwork.

I want artist to make a critique on my art style and also am looking forward to getting galleries that can accommodate my art for an exhibition hopefully in November 2014.

• Filed under:
Page 6 of 6 (84 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6 | RSS