Aspiring Artist

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 90
Tiarab15 wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 9:30 PM

Hi there! I just found Artists Daily and it looks like a great place!

So, I'm an amature artists and would like your help to improve my skills. I'm completely self taught, never had a class in my life. But anyways, here's my latest drawing I've done. I would like some help in knowing how I can improve my skills.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 370
Msblueeyes wrote
on 21 Mar 2014 11:18 AM

I'm no expert at all and I'm in the same boat as you, still learning. But with my experience I would personaly deepen the shading. :) Other than that it looks great.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 551
Points 4,605
on 21 Mar 2014 12:16 PM

Tiarab—

Welcome on board. I hope you find Artist Daily as interesting as the rest of us do.

I know what "Blueeyes" is getting at—but I like this very much. The thin, light lines could be a little darker but remain thin. At present, they are almost getting lost. This style might work even better in ink line.

Looking good.

Paul

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 90
Tiarab15 wrote
on 21 Mar 2014 7:47 PM

Okay, thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 370
Msblueeyes wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 3:20 PM

@Paul Sullivan, Can you help me with my drawing? I'm the one who did that rose and I kind of used that information I received to do my new flower drawing! Can you critique it? Thank you. :)

http://www.artistdaily.com/forums/t/52505.aspx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 551
Points 4,605
on 23 Mar 2014 6:51 PM

Blueeyes—

I'll be offer any helpful comments I can. Just open a new thread on it in "Critique My Artwork".

If you don't hear from me on it, email me through my website—just to alert me that you have it posted.

Paul

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 551
Points 4,605
on 23 Mar 2014 6:59 PM

Blueeyes —

OK.—Now, I see you already have it posted and ready for comment.

I'll get back to you on it tomorrow.

PS

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 995
ALatorre wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 10:44 PM

First of all I think a work of art evokes a feeling or mood, there is this emotional part of creativity. Deep down a fingerprint of who artists are. May be in the strength or softness of a piece, the way we perceive a color, the mediums that we use. To critique  ones work, lies in techniques, or things that we can learn from, like be aware of proportion, shadow placement, etc.

With that said this piece evokes peacefulness and lots of potential! Carry a sketch book everywhere.

Formal train is like turning on a light to creativity 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS