Tips?

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 35
Alexiazm wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 12:47 PM

Okay so, I started drawing a few months ago and I really want to get better, any tips? I can't afford art lessons so i usually just go on YouTube and look up tutorials.

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 205
on 11 Mar 2014 8:39 AM

Its great to start drawing!! Keep it up!

Drawing is a field of creativity so just learn few drawing basic rules and see online art classes tutorials which helps you to start right way drawing without any hassles.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 30
stephanberry wrote
on 27 Jun 2014 1:44 AM

You can also refer free video tutorials which are available at Jerrysartarama.com. I have learnt a lot from these tutorials. It really helps to improve our basic skills. Here is one Referece links: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-lessons/Medium/Pencil/Pencil-How-to-Draw.html

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 552
Points 4,625
on 27 Jun 2014 11:52 AM

Alex—

I hate to sound blunt but there is only one way to learn how to draw.
You learn how to draw by drawing.

Don't let anyone tell you different. Pick up a good book on the basics of drawing and use it like a work book. Sketch every chance you get. Don't doodle. Draw real things that are around you. What you are trying to do is learn the skills you need to draw what you see.

Keep all of your sketches. Buy a piece of thin poster board, fold it over as a large folder and keep all your sketches. It's a good idea to date each sketch. Work hard at it and over time, you will see a vast improvement in your work.

Good luck—

Paul

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS