ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 41- MARCH, 2014

This post has 164 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 9:44 AM

Hi jenn .  I'm still here.  Crazy work hours and working on the 3 oils when I have an hour or two.  I also wonder were everyone is. Confused.  The clay angel will be great.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 10:04 AM

Crechat welcome to the group.  I haven't tried oil pastels your marbles look very nice. 

Sarah you stork is very nice.  

Jenn you did a great job on the haki sacs. You nailed the leather look.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 506
Points 7,915
NealeyPea wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 5:37 PM

Hello Karen!  Good to know you're working on those oils - can't wait to see the final projects.

Hello Jen!  I'm still lurking around, though I have nothing to contribute "art-wise" just now.  My surgery is tomorrow so maybe afterward, I can calm down & relax &  do some art.

Your cherub is precious & I believe it will be fun to play with this subject in clay.  Also thanks for explaining how you make your clay turtle!   Hope it turns out.Yes

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,857
Points 47,655
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 9:35 PM

Karen and Nealey, thanks for stopping by! Nealey hope all goes well with your surgery and you can come back inspired to do art again!

Well today I played around with the clay. It has been some years since I was making gnomes all the time. I ended up doing a custom gnome for just about all the art group. I have lost my touch and like anything else it will take practice to get back my clay building artists eye back. The result today is a bit space alien meets the planet of the apes! I will get there but at the moment leaves a lot to be desired. It is loosely based on the angel but will be a gnome. It will look better with clothes and hair to say nothing of a face! LOL

the sticks will come out when it is at the leathery stage when it will hold position better!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 861
Points 19,480
Hearadh wrote
on 21 Mar 2014 12:19 PM

Sparrows nest...new beginnings.

Water colour, actual size from life

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 861
Points 19,480
Hearadh wrote
on 21 Mar 2014 2:15 PM

Hello Nealey,

hope your surgery went well...just found time to read a few past postings.

Look forward to seeing your next piece of work.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,446
Points 23,280
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Mar 2014 10:47 PM

Jen it looks like you have been busy this month.  Sorry I have not been too active.  I do have a stipple drawing of the cherub that is almost finished and should be posted soon. I liked your ROAD MARKET.  Colorful without being overwhelming.  Composition works real well too.  Your Hackey Sacks are very well done.  They look like one of those subjects that looks easy until you start on it but you handled it very well.

Karen your geese look like real geese in the way they set in the water.  Very lifelike.  I think if there was more of a value range you would have liked it better.

Claudia glad to here about the girl elephant I thought I may have been hitting the sauce a little too much.

Nealy there is only one word to describe your locks and it isn't wow.  It is WOW.  Enough said.  (Hope you are doing okay)

Ruthie your little bush with the buds popping out is fantastic.  I see that old man of yours is a good teacher.

Sarah very lifelike stork.  Reminds me of the Stone Head Storks that would walk around Moms back yard when she lived in Florida.  I think it would have been better without the little bundle of joy but that is a personal opinion and has nothing to do with the quality of the work.  Your sparrows nest is very nice.  We have little chipping sparrows that nest in the spruce tree every year.  Their nest looks just like that.

Crechat welcome to the group.  Bunch of nice people here.  If you decide to become a regular you would be welcomed and we would be glad to have you.  Your marbles were well done.  I admire someone that can get reasonable detail with oil pastels.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,857
Points 47,655
Turps245 wrote
on 22 Mar 2014 1:07 AM

Sarah,  good  to see you posting again I guess your daughter got you sorted. This is a lovely WC of the Sparrows nest. Looks like Spring is finally on it's way! I don't know why the font is doing this.

Gerri, good to see you here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,857
Points 47,655
Turps245 wrote
on 22 Mar 2014 8:29 PM

Well it is me again!

Here is where I got with my gnome today if anyone is interested.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 22 Mar 2014 10:48 PM

Jenn I love your gnome.  YesYesYes I wanted a hand clapping icon.  icon.  The detail is fabulous.  He looks a little like Rembrandt. 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,446
Points 23,280
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Mar 2014 11:29 PM

Jen I am impressed.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 10:53 AM

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Jen that I couldn't participate much and still I don't have the time to catch up on the latest posts yet.

Hope everything will slow down here by the middle of the week.

Sarah asked me to ubload this WC of the cactus for her.

Actual size of the painting is 4.5” x 3.5”

If you turn it 90 degrees to the right it becomes a landscape.

Hope I did this right.;)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 861
Points 19,480
Hearadh wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 12:21 PM

Thank you so much Claudia...I managed to get so far and then lost my way again.

The thorns/spines reminded of the wind turbines hence the look of a landscape; as you can see I have used only one half of the ref. 'photo.  The subject also reminded me of Graham Sutherland's work which I greatly admire.

Once again, my grateful thanks to Claudia for coming to my aid.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,446
Points 23,280
Berkenstock wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 3:17 PM

Sarah I like both versions. These could be abstract or close ups either one. 

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,857
Points 47,655
Turps245 wrote
on 23 Mar 2014 5:24 PM

Karen and Gerri, thanks for the nice comments. I still have a way to go with cleaning up and details but got a good start yesterday.

Page 8 of 11 (165 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS