ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 41- MARCH, 2014

This post has 164 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 8:07 PM

Just lost everything again!! 

Ruthie, a big welcome to our group. We have heard so much about the power behind the throne it is good to see your work here!  I like both your paintings the organic blue tree with orange flowers and the free flowing seaweed. You seem to have taken to the Yopu paper as well as Fred has. 

Now just ask Fred to show you how to add your name and if you want Cc's to the signature line and you will be all set. 

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 8:13 PM

Nealey, thanks. I am so sorry to make you jealous but this is Arkansas we are  supposed to have no snow! This Winter has been crazy and we have waited for month to get the building painted because of all the snow!!  You can laugh in the Summer when we are wilting under three digit temps!! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 631
Points 10,090
karend84 wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 12:22 AM

Ruthie its great to have you join us.  Your yupo paintings are great.  I especially like the seaweed.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
crechat39 wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 6:38 AM

First timer here. Just found the site.

Oil Pastels, mainly Sennelier, on paper. Don't like working on paper but I'm trying to use it up !

I'm totally unhappy with this but I've gone as far as my patience will allow. I'd love to try another couple but I'm off on holiday soon. Yippee! Taking the dreaded (for me) watercolours as oil pastels are just not practical in Africa. 

Cheers

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 1:19 PM

Hello Crechat39, welcome to the group. This is not the easiest reference and I find oil pastels really difficult to manage so good job. You have captured the form and colours of the marbles very well.

So we all know who we are talking to when we reply would you put the name you would like to be called and if you want CC's in the signature line. We are all very friendly and encouraging here and at all at different stages of our art journey.  Hope you join us again, with lots of inspiration, after your trip to Africa! 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 3:35 PM

I'm uploading this painting for Sarah!!!

The original is 7” x 10” (18cm. x 25cm approx.)

Egg Tempera.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 859
Points 19,440
Hearadh wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 4:35 PM

Thank you very, very much Claudia.

Very much appreciate your kindness.

I have only seen a stork once before in the wild, in Poland, but once seen never forgotten.

I decided to illustrate the myth instead of using the ref.photo but left out the gooseberry bush !!!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 504
Points 7,875
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 7:37 PM

Hello "crechat39" & welcome to the group.  Be happy with your Oil Pastel of the marbles!  Have a wonderful holiday in Africa!  If you dread watercolors, maybe you would be happier with taking a small set of watercolor pencils.  One of our group, Alex does very nice paintings with her WC pencils!  Hope to see you post again. Big Smile

Sarah ~ Lovely stork flying with its bundle!  Are you trying to tell us something?!?!?!?  Egg tempera is something I have never tried before.  Does it have a shiny finish?

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 10:13 PM

Thanks Claudia for helping Sarah out. I guess she is still having problems with her computer. I was wondering where she was.

Sarah, I like this version of the stork. His wings really have lift and you can see the weight of the new bundle as he sours through the sky. Good clouds too. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Mar 2014 10:57 PM

Well today here was just me at the studio so I had a fun time. I finished the Haki sacs and then put all the oils paints away and got out the clay. I haven't been inspired to play in the clay for a while. I guess I will put that in Chatter but here is the finished painting. Still a bit wet and shiney.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 859
Points 19,440
Hearadh wrote
on 16 Mar 2014 3:55 AM

Hello Nealey, VERY quick reply...Egg Tempera isn't supposed to have a shiny surface. AND no, the stork isn't coming my way. Daughter's  are in their late fifties and have no children!!!!!!

Jen, yes very good of Claudia to upload for me...I am stuck on the pixel part and waiting for daughter to visit to show me how at the end of the month.

Will have to c/c tomorrow...run out of time.

Sarah

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 859
Points 19,440
Hearadh wrote
on 16 Mar 2014 6:59 AM

Hello Claudia,

thank you so much for helping me out...very much appreciated.

I did reply straight away but it obviously didn't reach its intended place.

I didn't want to paint the ref. photo as it was so I aimed for the mythical side...decided against a gooseberry bush!

Only ever seen a wild stork once and that was in Poland......huge nest.

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 504
Points 7,875
NealeyPea wrote
on 18 Mar 2014 11:56 AM

Jen ~ Your finished oil of the hackey sacks is bold and has great texture.  You got the shine of the vinyl just right!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 18 Mar 2014 3:04 PM

Thank you Nealey, they were fun to do!  They are now brightening the walls downstairs in the studio.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,610
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Mar 2014 1:39 AM

Well I am beginning to feel like a one man band. Where is everyone?

Tonight I sketched the angel. not brilliant but I was prepping to do something of a take off in clay tomorrow.

In my sketchbook pencil

He/she looks a little lopsided. :)

Page 7 of 11 (165 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS