ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 41- MARCH, 2014

This post has 165 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Mar 2014 2:31 PM

Thank you everyone for thr nice comments on my cherries and th Elephant painting/drawing.

Marsha I used „Jaxon water soluble oil pastels on the cherries.

Geri regarding the pink on the elephant, It's a girl! ;)

Susan don't you hide your artwork behind anybodies. Different medium, different artist, different style, different art!!!

Charlie nice tree with lots of different greens, Yeah, spring time!!!

Jen nice sketch on the beach picture of you and your mom. I'm hoping I will get to this photo too this month.

Jen your boat painting is looking great. I agree with Kim on the colors,

Marsha your old skates are well done. Love the buckle and the laces.

Sarah nice quick watercolour of your teapot. I can smell the fresh brewed tea.

Kim, this is so cute how you have your daughter peek over the table into Cezannes stil life.

Nealey, I know about the problem and since I had some catching up to do I wrote the stuff in word first. So if this post will go POOF I have a backup.Hope you are feeling better and are up to do arts again.

Sarah, your boat I couldn't enlarge, but I like the blues and grey's (brown?) you used.

Jen, you are realy busy this month, good for you. The pose oft he iceskater looks perfect.The produce stands are not abstract but are fitting right in with the warm sunny days we are having over here too. What means garden work no painting for me.

Karen, you did this inbetween all your oils, very nice. I like the reflexion oft he ducks in the water.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Mar 2014 2:41 PM

Since we didn't had much snow for cross country skiing I stayed home and painted, my husband went downhill skiing with the boys.

The mountains were behind clouds most of the time so I had to paint other things. I took my pigments and started 3 egg temperas. On the last day we had this beautiful weather.

My vacation studio with the window started in egg tempera.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Mar 2014 2:43 PM

Karen, thank you for fitting in this WC in between all your oil painting. This is lovely and maybe a little more dark in the bg would set the ducks off. WC is like a foreign language to me and after oils would be an adjustment I think you have done a fine job on the ducks and reflections.

Claudia, thank you for your nice comments. It is 81 degrees outside and sunny, my windows are open and art is calling! I' ll take it while it lasts. As soon as the sun comes out after the grey Winter I feel like dancing. As this would be a truly awful sight I draw and paint instead!:) I just have pots and grass so can't get distracted by gardening. 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Mar 2014 2:46 PM

Claudia, we cross posted. What a beautiful place to paint. I would have had to paint the mountains! Lovely start on the window. Glad you had a beautiful day too! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Mar 2014 7:37 PM

Marsha ~ lovely drawing of the cherub & the skates...of course all your drawings are well done!

Charlie ~  I like your painting of the tree, although I agree with geri about the centering.

Claudia & Susan ~ both of you painted good cherries, each in her own style.

Kim ~ You have much improved the Cezanne painting!  Love your little girl - it's a great composition & painted well.

Sarah ~ I love both of your WCs!  The teapot makes me reminisce and you boat scene is very clean & light, if you know what I mean!

Jen ~ you have been very busy with all the drawings you posted!  They just get better & better..I esp. like your boat studies.  Your boat PAINTING is wonderful.  I like the colors & the scene has an overall peachy cast, looking like morning or evening.  Very well done.

Forgive me if I missed any of you from the beginning of this month - my mind is a bit "addled" lately.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 12 Mar 2014 8:10 PM

Claudia ~ Thank you for thinking of me!  The stitches in my mouth are healed & I am FINALLY scheduled for surgery on my face next Friday. It is basil cell carcinoma but not very large. I asked Dr. if he could do both sides of my "eyebags" for symmetry!  HAHA he said I can go to Buffalo for that.  These guys have no sense of humor.  It seems like everything has been in slow motion lately....I'm still looking at my lock drawing - not quite happy with it yet!

Enough of me.....

Claudia, I forgot to comment on your elephant.  She is sweet looking & I like her pink.  I rode an elephant once & they are so much BIGGER when you are sittin on top!  Your vacation photo is wonderful, showing the background mts. & your artwork in the window.  Glad you had a good time.

Karen I'm glad you attempted the ducks in WC - something new! 

Jen your skater drawing is well done.  I saw a lot of Olympics too.  Some of their costumes were  fantastic!  Your painting of the produce stands is very colorful - it caught my eye too with all the bright colors.Big Smile

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 13 Mar 2014 5:45 PM

This is from the "LOCKS" photo.

8" x 8"  graphite & charcoal pencils

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Mar 2014 9:47 PM

Nealey, excellent drawing of the locks. I am so glad you tried this one. I always change my drawings into black and white on Photoshop as it shows up better. 

I hope you are feeling better after all the surgery. 

Thank you for the nice words about my boat. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Mar 2014 11:13 PM

Well today I tried the Hacky sacks! Sort of abstract right!

5x7 oil Still got a bit to do.

While painting today we had banging and scraping going on which while disturbing was such a good thing. We finally have, almost, a repaired and painted barrack. restored to look like it did originally, other than the handicap ramp demanded by the City! So I thought I would show the change. Before it was peeling and full of holes and rotting wood now as you see. Something to be proud of. All we need now is a proper metal fire escape (as demanded by the City)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,330
karend84 wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 10:01 AM

Claudia You sure had a beautiful place to paint.  Your painting of the window looks great so far.

Kim very nice watercolor.  I love how you placed your daughter in the scene.  

Sarah nice work on the teapot and boat.  I reall like the tree line and bridge.

Jen your sketch of the skater looks great.  She does look a little timid on the ice.  Nice finish on the boat.  Your rose is wonderful.  You sure captured the fruit stand on the side of the road.  Nice work on the haki sacs.  I love your studio space.   

Neally your locks have great detail.  

Jen, Claudia, Nealy thank you for the comments on my watercolor attempt.  Jen I see you what you mean about the bg but was starting to make a mess and thought I need to stop.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 2:10 PM

Nealey you're a master with the graphite, love the locks.

Jen,good start on the haki sacs.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
ruthie36 wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 3:43 PM

5x8 watercolor on yupo This my first post, Fred has been instructing me.

RUTHIE

BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS ART CENTER

SOUTHERN APPALACIAN ARTIST GUILD

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
ruthie36 wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 3:45 PM

5x7 watercolor on yupo  "seaweed"

RUTHIE

BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS ART CENTER

SOUTHERN APPALACIAN ARTIST GUILD

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 7:21 PM

Jen ~ Thank you for your thoughts on my drawing.  Sometimes I print the photos out in B & W too.

Your Hackey Sack painting is so fun, nice & bright!

Thanx for sharing your studio photos.  I'm jealous!!!  Nice place to hang out AND NO SNOW!!!!!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 523
Points 8,150
NealeyPea wrote
on 14 Mar 2014 7:28 PM

Karen & Claudia ~ THANK YOU for taking time to comment on my LOCKS drawing - much appreciated.

TO FRED'S BETTER HALFWink ~ I commented on your first painting in the Chatter; still nice!!  So is your seaweed painting on YUPO paper.  I picture you & "Bernie" side by side at your easels, throwing paint around!  The family that plays together........

Nealey

Page 6 of 12 (166 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS