ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 41- MARCH, 2014

This post has 164 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 9:47 AM

Marsha, This Cherub has such a content look of no worries of falling off the ball,;o) this is beautifully done.  asusanrae

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 9:49 AM

Sarah, I love your sunset, it truly is like the winter sunsets here. very beautiful and well done.   asusanrae

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 9:52 AM

Charlie.....what a great painting, I love it, very nicely done.  asusanrae

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 5 Mar 2014 8:07 AM

What beautiful reference photos, Jen! Thank you to all of you who have sent such kind notes. I'm completely overwhelmed right now by a sudden surge in my consulting business and have been unable (too exhausted and completely brain dead at the end of long days) to think or do art - or anything else, for that matter. What work-life balance? Again, thank you all for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 9:07 AM

Alex, so good to see you pop in. You have been missed. So much for retirement! Eh! It's that good thing bad thing. Good that you have plenty of business bad that you don't have the time or energy to paint. Hope things even out again soon. Pop in when you can.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 3:09 PM

Water soluble oel pastel

9in x 12in

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 3:16 PM

Hello Jen,

You picked a great theme and lovely reference photo's. I am still on vacation and having trouble typing on my husbands tablet. I will comment on the other drawings when i get back home. 

Alex, it is good to see you posting again.

9in x 12in, colored pencil

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 3:34 PM

Claudia, really nice WC of the cherries. I am glad everyone is taking this  simple reference and making it their own. I am delighted you chose the Elephant as he is a favourite of mine. You captured his volume and stance as well as his cheeky expression perfectly. Maybe if I can't get to the studio this week (more ice and snow predicted tonight)  I will break out the coloured pencils and have a go too. I hope you are having fun on your vacation. Thanks for participating.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 9:44 PM

Thank you Jen and Bonnie and Susan for your nice comments with my graphite cherub.

Jen your sketching is so lively,  I wish I could quick sketch like that.   I practice but I still get into details.

ALEX...  So happy to see you popping in...   re - retirement might be down the road for you....

Susan,   Oh my what beautiful vivid colors with your magnificent cherries.... my mouth is watering....

Claudia:  wow.  the cherries are beautiful,, what water soluable / oil pastels do you use? this is very nice.  and your indian elephant is really well done,,, glad you are getting something done while you are hanging out with your husband.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 967
Points 14,110
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 5 Mar 2014 10:57 PM

Jen, great sketches of the boat. I can't wait to see what you will do with these. Sorry about your weather, hope things clear up and you can get back to your studio, in the mean time sketching is good.

Asusanrae, you have such wonderful colour in your Cherrie painting. I really like your use of the green and your application of the watercolour. It appears to be very thick on the leaves and makes a statement even with the Cherries taking center stage. Very nice.

Claudia, your Cherries look so ripe and almost bursting with juice. Great work with the water soluble pastels the colours are great. I love your elephant, she looks right at home in the water with light reflecting and shining on her. Good work with the p/c. Hope you are having a good time on you holiday nice you are finding some time for your art.

Alex, great to hear from you. I wondered if you were swamped with work. I think working for yourself can be overwhelming at times. Hope you get things caught up and have some time for your art again.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Mar 2014 12:17 AM

Marsha, Charlie, Susan, Bonnie and Claudia, thanks for the encouraging words. Well Jinx got the word Mum wanted to draw and went off and sulked in our room for  long enough for me to do this sketch tonight. I still can't get into the studio it is still frozen. hopefully the warmer weather coming in while shift it. There is a possibility of more ice/snow tonight but we may miss it I hope!

In my sketchbook and several B pencils.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 863
Points 19,505
Hearadh wrote
on 6 Mar 2014 10:05 AM

Thanks to Karen,Jen, Charlie, Marsha and Susan for your kind comments re. the Sunset.

Susan and Claudia.....luscious cherries

Claudia...monumental elephant 

Marsha....clean cut (drawn) cherub

Jen.........the poor weather appears to be improving your drawing skills, proves that every cloud has its silver lining.

Hope I haven't missed out anyone..........

Sarah

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 967
Points 14,110
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Mar 2014 9:33 PM

Jen, nice sketch of you and your Mom. You were such a cutie and you look like you are ready for some fun at the beach. I like the background in this as well. We have hopes that next week will bring us some weather above freezing. You have spent your home time to good use producing this lovely sketch.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 6 Mar 2014 9:45 PM

Jen, thanks for putting all these photos together for the challenge - it's always a challenge to do just that!

Jen, I really like your boat sketch - esp. the boat itself and the foreground texture which is so well placed; your quick boat sketches are great, esp. like the pen one! Your sketch of you and your mum is very nice and you look so cute! Like how you have more contrast in front.

Charlie, lots of good texture in your ptg.!

Sarah, your first sunset has great movement; your 2nd sunset has a much more serene feeling - both lovely works.

Marsha, great use of contrast and you captured it well.

Susan, I like Jen's comment about how the cherries pop - they really do; good one.

Claudia, your cherries are soft but also so perfect. Love the colors in your elephant.

Alex - you're definitely missed! Don't overwork yourself.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 6 Mar 2014 10:23 PM

Claudia,  your cherries are so real and so perfect to the challenge, I want to hide mine when I see your painting. You are truly a "real" artist, your elephant is most beautifully done also. asusanrae

Page 3 of 11 (165 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS