ALL MEDIA CHALLENGE 41- MARCH, 2014

This post has 165 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 678
Points 11,025
karend84 wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 10:28 AM

Sarah another beautiful sunset.  I really like the glissening area by the sun.  Nice job.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 1:22 PM

Sarah,  nice little sunset. Watercolour works well with sunsets to flow those colours into one another.  Yes we are in a freeze here with temps dropping rapidly and freezing rain predicted!  Just rain at the moment but icicles forming! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,575
Points 52,060
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 1:55 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Sarah, I like the colors and texture in your sunset.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 7:34 PM

Charlie, lovely tree with flowers. You have great texture on the tree and a nice light touch with the flowers. Nicely done.

Sarah, beautiful sunset. I like how the painting is all about the sunset. The land is minimal and the sunset's colours are reflected in the water. Lovely.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 8:27 PM

Well I got a Jinx free moment and did this quick sketch. there is a glare on it that makes the shed look lighter than it is and the side is not as wonky as it seems.

in my sketchbook with pencils.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 5:49 AM

Sarah: Way to go on the sunsets,   very nice,   I too like the shimmer on the water.   both are very easy on the eye.

Charlie:  I really like the bark on the sorta dead tree.  looks a bit like a mesquite.   they are constantly renewing.   you think they are dead then you see a bit of a green sprig coming out of the side of it.   Good job.  and good to see you.

Jen:  I'm glad jinx gave you the opportunity to get some drawing done.   this one looks like it was fun to do.   nice sketch. good texture with the boat.

by the way I really like all of the challenge photos.   job well done my dear....

I watched the Oscars tonight and did some drawing... will post when I get a photo taken. 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,575
Points 52,060
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 10:06 AM

Thank you Bonnie and Marsha.

Jen, your "quick sketch" is very nice.  I like the boat, nice shadow on it's bottom.side.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 5:42 PM

Jen, glad you managed some Jinx free time. I guess he's getting older now. Good sketch of the boat and building, you get the sense of the atmosphere along the water.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 6:13 PM

I got my photo taken,  here is my Cherub.   graphite 5.5 x 8.5 Bienefang paper 146lb smooth

Most of it was done with the light down low because we were watching the Oscars. to me it looks like the light is coming from the front . The Photo may have been taken with a flash. 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 7:38 PM

Marsha, he/ she is adorable. You really nailed him and his chubbiness! Good lights and darks on a fairly shadowless reference. Nice volume in his body and ball. As you say probably taken with a flash. I will have to see if I can find some more jinx free time. He has been fairly active today so maybe he will pop off to our bed for a snooze! 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Mar 2014 11:31 PM

Marsha, wonderful drawing of the Cherub. I was also attracted to this reference. You did such a good job with all the details, the ball, his little chubby nakedness and his hair, great work. Love it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 12:56 AM

Well I was looking at a workshop by Richard Robinson and he was talking about making notans so I though I would try it. Not easy. this particular reference made it more difficult as it was overcast so not a lot of contrast even when you squinted. I am planning on trying to paint this as per his lesson with colour notes. You might also want to look at the latest International Artist magazine in which he demonstrates how to paint sunsets. He is from NZ and has several free lessons. Anyway Jinx stayed away but did run off with my kneaded eraser!!

in my sketchbook with pencil for the top ones and with pencil and pen on the bottom! I don't know much about boats and they seem to always have so many bits so simplifying this will be interesting. But nothing ventured. At the moment my front path and driveway is covered in ice from the latest mess that came down, and despite all the melting on the roads and back yard that happened today the shaded north side stayed put! Therefore,  I have no idea when I will get to the studio so drawing is it! It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow  followed by rain the next day, so we shall see.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 12:57 AM

2 cherries, w/c 9x12.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this most awesome group of artist. I love

all of your postings. Thank you    asusanrae

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 1:53 AM

Susan, great to have you posting again. What beautiful lush cherries with your abstract feel the bright green leaves make the cherries pop. They look like they have just been washed or rained on. Lovely.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 4 Mar 2014 9:44 AM

Jen, your pencil sketches are so well done, you captivate one's interest for there is a lot to admire. Thank you for hosting this month. ausanrae

Page 2 of 12 (166 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS