did I just get suckered by a used car saleman turn website?

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
jlegere wrote
on 22 Feb 2014 9:52 PM

Seems like this is a up and up place. lots of good stuff.

But getting to it felt like I was getting ganged up on by a group of scam artists just drooling to get access to my email account in order to sell it off before I look at my first blog entry. lighten up on the heavy hand folks.

You don't have to hide your good stuff to get new members. I about bailed out before I got to see that this was a real winner after all. Let folks browse and they will see it's worth signing up.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 169
Points 5,600
tyneboy wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 8:09 AM

welcome to the site. I hope the reality is much better than the first impressions. I have found the site to be really good generally and all the artists are friendly and helpful.

The only thing that seems a bit weird is those people trying to get you to watch movie clips etc . I assume they work for somebody keen on cheap publicity

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,525
on 23 Feb 2014 12:09 PM

jlegere and tyneboy

Both of you guys are right. This is an excellent site and there are people who would like to take advantage of this by posting free advertising. I'm talking about the trash postings announcing free videos and the like. Some days two or three of the Forum Topics listed are trash advertising postings.

I'm not talking about the paid advertising on the site. I think we all know that paid advertising is necessary on any free membership site like this—just to pay the rent and make the effort worth doing. You see a lot more paid advertising on the CBS or CNN news sites.

I opened a thread in October "Artist Daily Is Being Hijacked" in the "Non-Art Discussions" Forum stating the same objections you both have made to the trash ads that get mixed in with the member postings. The Artist Daily staff admitted that it was difficult to delete all of these ads quickly.

We can help when we see one of these postings. Simply hit the "Report Abuse" link just to the right of the posting. A "Report Abuse" note will come up. Type in "SPAM" in the headline area. In the note area, type in "SPAM—" and "Title of the Posting...".  Below the title of the spam posting, type in the Forum in which it was opened or posted. For example, "Opened in "Community Help".

Personally I think this is a great site for both amateur and professional artists. We all have a lot to contribute.

Paul

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
jlegere wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 12:28 PM

my comment had nothing to do with the forums and folks abusing it but rather the site administrators themselves. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,329
Points 1,525,300
American Artist Staff
Editor
on 23 Feb 2014 5:04 PM

If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to let me know. I hope you will find many things to help you on your artist's road here at AD, as it is a community-minded place with many resources to recommend it. At least I hope it does!

All best,

Courtney

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS