Started drawing again...

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
on 3 Feb 2014 10:55 PM

Hey, after a long while of not spending much time drawing, I've started doing a couple of pictures in my spare time. If anyone could glance over them with some tips on how to improve it would be appreciated! Any constructive criticism is very welcome.

Hope this is the in the right place! It maybe should be in the beginners forum? Sorry!

Thanks

A Newbie

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
on 3 Feb 2014 10:57 PM

This is another, not sure how to add more than one photo a time...

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
on 3 Feb 2014 10:58 PM

This is the last one I have for now, thanks in advance :) I really want to improve.

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 235
on 9 Feb 2014 4:43 AM

HI I am also new, so don't know what to expect on these forums. I hope it will be active. I think your starting to draw again is great.. Michelangelo said drawing is the highest form of art and through that, you can do anything...literally anything--painting, sculpture, architecture, writing, etc.

i felt inspired to start drawing again when I saw this study of hands you did.

your top hand is rendered well, i think, with a range of values and sharp and soft edges. the under arm seems like it could be either done with more rendering or less---either direction, and it would help the overall drawing. less rendering to leave it more unfinished, like the oldmasters drawings by leonardo, etc. or more complete, like the studies done before a painting would be done by the renaissance masters.

when it is really super rendered in every inch, maybe it is a study of the subject more than a finished piece...i don't know, it depends on what your intention was. it looks like your did the hands from life and the other two from photos? if so, drawing from life, I think you learn more about the subject and how you draw...but drawing from a photo in the beginning is a good way to practice just drawing---getting the lines down, blending, etc, and training to see things.

keep drawing!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS