CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Feb 2014 7:55 PM

Hello Claudia & everyone! 

I'm so sorry I have totally missed this month because of health issues.  Claudia, your photos AND your Gallery setup are both wonderful jobs and I'm sorry I couldn't participate.   EVERYONE who drew & painted for the February Challenge is so artistic, each in their own ways. 

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,410
Turps245 wrote
on 28 Feb 2014 11:49 PM

Nealey , I am sorry you have been poorly all month. Roll on warmer weather I say. Hope you are feeling better now.

Okay,the March Challengei is up . Enjoy!! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 1 Mar 2014 11:03 AM

No Sarah it is just the paper I drew on. The paper was tinted that colour. I had intended to do the container but then thought it didn't really need it. I ended up liking it without the extra colour.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 719
Points 11,770
karend84 wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 12:15 AM

I didn't get a chance to comment on the last week of posts.  Everyone did a fantastic job.  

Claudia thank you for the wonderful selection.  You did a great job hosting this month.  The gallery is great.  Thank you for all your time.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 4:01 PM

I typed this all just a minute ago and blink it all disappeared.  Hope this makes it.

Bonnie what a fantastic job on the shells.  I agree not to do anything else and call it done.  Actually very well done.

Jen the boy in the window is coming along great.  I also see that your knight turned out well without the arrow which is a plus . 

Sarah your still life of the bottle is very you and a fine job  too.

Carol the door knocker is nicely drawn.  I always have problems doing symmetrical subjects getting both sides to look the same.

Claudia I don't know if you GET THE BIG BANG THEORY on the television but it reminds me of the song Sheldon wants sung to him when he is sick. ( how is that for a run on sentence).  Everyone keeps telling you how well you have done hosting.  I don't know what they expected you always do things well.  Great job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 36
Points 915
cllewi3 wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 5:30 PM

Thanks Geri.  I know what you mean.  And I approached it thinking it was symmetrical, but actually found that it isn't at all.  In part because the location of the light source makes for bigger shadows on one side than on the other.  I also think it must be hand made, so it not perfect - not the differences in nostrils for instance.  Then last the knocker ring is quite asymmetrical at the bottom.  It always amazes me how much I miss in casual observation, once I stop and study something.

PS, that soft kitty song is available on loads of products now, LOL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+bang+theory+soft+kitty&espv=210&es_sm=91&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ybATU5qRCYyR1AHB-4HgDg&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1196&bih=687

Carol L.

C&C Welcome (be kind, I'm still learning).  :^)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Mar 2014 6:08 PM

Thank you Geri, glad you liked my shell drawing.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Page 23 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  19 20 21 22 23 | RSS