This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 10:49 PM

Here is a door knocker I did in April of last year, it is pastel 3.5 x 4.5

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 10:51 PM

Marsha, thanks. It is so wet and slippery and it is because I wanted to get paint on everything. I am not patient with oil and sometimes you just have to be. The white would not hold colour as I was using soft mixing white and well it is a mess! As I said horses give me fits!  Still a challenge is a challenge! :)

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 10:58 PM

Jen just stick an arrow in that horses rump and say he is wounded.  Just kidding you are doing fine.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 11:08 PM

I can't get over how good most of you artist are, the painting you show are beautiful.  I decided to show you a watercolour painting I did last year for this months challenge.  Enjoy

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 11:30 PM

GERI:   that is just toooo funny....

Jen:  you certainly have more patience than me

Joyce:  lovely Rose.   Mucho lovely color...  Love is still in the air.....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,790
Turps245 wrote
on 20 Feb 2014 11:34 PM

Joyce, say after me. " I am a good artist!" Twenty times. This is a beautiful rose painting with great shadows and curling petals and something to be proud of.

Gerri,LOL sounds like a plan! :)

Marsha, looks like we crossed. You did a wonderful job of the knocker! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 1:45 AM

Jen, your roman soldier is coming along super. The background is perfect and I'm sure since you noticed all you little mistakes yourself, you will, after the paint dried a little, fix them all. Looking forward to see the finished version. Evenso Geri's idea of fixing the problem is funny.

Marsha,Beautiful doorknocker, Could you read my mind, how did you know in April last year that I would post a challenge picture just like that. Thank's for sharing this with us.

Joyce, this is a very well done rose and you don't have to hide behind anybodies artwork with this little masterpiece of yours.

Carol, this is the link to the museum, it's a museum for Roman and Bavarian history. If you scroll down in the red box you find one of the paintings.

http://www.bajuwaren-kipfenberg.de/programm/pro_event.htm

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 726
Points 17,150
Hearadh wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 2:55 AM

Hello all...in a hurry as usual

Jen...Roman horseman... agree with Claudia...by the way mixing white isn't a pigment (or have I mis understood what you meant). There are two whites (which you would know about of course, Titanium and Zinc). The soldier's legs...paint what you see not what you think is there. 

Geri.  add the lettering...turn the painting upside down and it will make it easier to do (I expect you would do that anyway)

Joyce....... beautiful rose

Marsha ...knock on wood....is this a Green Man doorknocker?

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 6:41 AM

Sarah, I don't know,   it was a photo challenge last April.  What is a green man knocker?

Well here is my post and I am working on another....  not like I'm waiting until the last minute...

5x9 140 lb cp Strathmore watercolor journal book

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 7:46 AM

Marsha, very good job on the paint tube. I especially like the metall front, great choice of colors.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 7:57 AM

Jen, your horse and rider is coming along nicely. The horse's stance is not an easy one. I have never used oils so do not totally understand your difficulties but am understanding that it is not an easy medium to use. It's great to see your work progress.

Marsha, I remember this knocker. He almost looks real looking at us. Love the colours of this one.

Joyce, what a beautiful rose. Love it. Each petal is perfect. Hope you are managing in this most recent bout of weather. I am sure we will really enjoy the roses after this winter.

Marsha, great work on the tube of paint. I like that you added some of it's colours to the background so it looks like it should be there not something painted on top. Nicely done.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:28 AM

I got carried away on this one. I wanted to do some sketching, but the package of water soluble  wachs pastels called and said:"use us!".

not thinking that I was doing it on Canson, smooth Surface paper I finished it. It was fun  ( little square on the bottom of the nautilus). The paper didn't like the water too much so.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:58 AM

Thank you for the compliments Claudia and Bonnie

/claudia,  I like the Nautilus,   the wc pastels gave it a real watery look   great job.  

I tried something earlier tonight with yupo paper and tossed it cause it was just  tooooo smooth...

so I have done three tonight,   will post the new one.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:59 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments on the rose I did.  I received roses for valentine's day and it made me remember I painted a rose had to check under the bed to find the painting but sure enough I still had it.  Also thanks for the comments on using acylics and oil.  I'm working on something using the two. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 9:04 AM

Here is another one I just finished.... don't do anything for a month then crank em out.... that's me....

this one is 8.8 x 5.5 watercolor, kilimanjaro paper140 lb cp    I added a mirror for interest as I know Geri thinks something should be there... what,   well we don't really know... this house is empty and ready to move in...  I think this will be the living room.... I think I will put a Grand Piano there....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Page 18 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  16 17 18 19 20  Next >  ... Last » | RSS