CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,054
Points 49,080
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 10:58 AM

Claudia, "Come in."   VERY nice details on this.  I especially like the shadow work on the knocker.  The wood grain is VERY well done.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,800
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 11:25 AM

Hello Claudia,

very competent drawing. well done...can't do smilies so imagine a thumbs up

well, who was there/////.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,800
Hearadh wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 11:28 AM

Thank you Charlie...would not have liked to have been there last night... 106 mph winds struck that area. A force 9 gale is the most I have been in and that was dreadful.

Sarah

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 1:08 PM

Charlie and Sarah, thank you very much!!!

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 3:40 PM

Agree, some very precise detail there. You've a good range in your style.

So, the answer to Sarah's ? of (Knock, Knock) who's there?

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,815
Points 46,860
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 12:38 AM

Okay my punishment for being a grumpy grump coming up!

Claudia, Great job and expression on the Fasching characters! really good observations of the texture and flow of the material too.

Catherine, Your drawings of the little animals are skillful and adorable.

Shameer, Good to see you back again! I love the firey sky reflecting back in the snow. Excellent job on the castle and buildings too!

Joyce, Are yes , Childhood tree climbing and skating. Unfortunately not my happy memories as I have a fear of falling but such great times for so many. Your sketches of the tree express it well and the skates are awesome. Wonderful cliffs too with good shadows.

Bonnie,Your love of flowers and your Granddaughter come shinning through on this colourful painting. just lovely.

Susan rae, Love your pool. How great to have such a lovely place just a step away. Great job on the reflections and lighting.

Karen, I can't say enough abut how wonderful your piano painting is!! the detail in the notes took a steady hand and the keys and the tuns on the rose are really well done too.

Sarah, what a lovely WC of the seaside town. I have been hearing what horrid weather you are all having over there, Stay dry and safe.

Claudia well done tackling this still life. You have done  a wonderful job. You could possibly push the darks a little more.

Okay I think I am caught up!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 3:06 AM

Thank you Kim and Jen. Jen I can see what kept you from stopping by in this thread. But since the canoe is done I hope you find a project here.

"Who is there?", I hope it's all the friends on AD and you are all welcome to come in in!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,074
Points 77,970
on 14 Feb 2014 11:47 AM

Hello dear artist friends and Happy Valentine's Day  to you all!Smile

I hope this message found everybody healthy and happy!

Even if I did not left comments I've followed your posts and I appreciate and love your great works!

Claudia, thank you for hosting this month challenge, your photos selection is just WONDERFUL!

I really hope to find time to work for this challenge, I've been really busy in the last period of time.

Wish you all the best and keep up the good work!

Cristina

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,785
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 1:29 PM

I tried to send a message from my blackberry but I don't think it went through. I was having computer problems but have had work done on my laptop and am glad to be back and able to type something.

Claudia, your "Knock Knock" is great. The detail is wonderful and you really captured the wood and the metal. Nicely done.

I've been working on the rose and when I went back to look at the other photo's discovered that when printing I used portrait and part of the photo was not included. So this is a drawing of the rose slightly cropped. I used a graphite 3B pencil on Heavyweight Vellum Drawing paper and is 7 x 7.5".

Happy Valentines Day.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 12:18 AM

Thank you for your positive comments, a few of you asked how I textured the pots in the pool room. I painted them with a washed red then added just a touch of black. When it dried it looked dull and blah so I took my red w/c tube on some dampness, and blotted it with the tube. It turned out just like the photo, I was happy with the results of an experiment. 

I'm behind on this weeks comments for my work hours have been very long all week, but as I view the new postings, I am amazed with what I see. I will try to comment on each this weekend, but know these paintings that you have posted are awesome. Good night,  Asusanrae

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 1:35 AM

Bonnie, what a lovely and absolutely perfect drawn rose, The part of the hand is well done too, but my eye just wanders back to the rose, very nice!!!.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,054
Points 49,080
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 10:20 AM

Bonnie, your rose is very well done as well as the hand.  I like the shading in this.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 821
Points 18,800
Hearadh wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 11:40 AM

my apologies for this being un-cropped...but at least I have managed to upload it. It is meant to be 'ghostly' but the colours are much stronger in the original which is 10" x 6.5". Water colour and I have used two ref. photos 

Sarah

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,054
Points 49,080
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 12:33 PM

Very nice watercolor!!!!  It does look "ghostly"   I wonder what stories he could tell.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 15 Feb 2014 1:34 PM

Sarah, this is a beautiful watercolour. I like how you combined the two ref. photos and gave the painting this mysterious. ghostly look.The roman soldier defently has do be ghost seeing you also put the medievel castle in background. Hope i won't run across the ghostrider walking the dog in the morning. The roman is on babarien territory, the border was over were the castle was build later.

This would be a perfect painting for a spooky campfire story.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Page 11 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS