CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 2:47 AM

This is a wc  from Sarah. She has a new system on her computer and has to get used to it.

She couldn't upload anything so here it is.It's called 'Wasted'.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 2:50 AM

Sarah, this is a perfect title for your wc, I love the colours, they go well with my avatar (LOL)-

When you get back online and able to post you have to tell us more about it.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 7:37 AM

Geri, nice pears sketch , the green paper is wonderful it adds to much to the sketch.  Also why draw a straight line?  use a ruler!!!  Have a nice day.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 890
Points 19,835
Hearadh wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 10:00 AM

Hello Claudia,

thank you so much for uploading the  painting...it was based on a still life ref.photo which could be treated in any way so I decided to have a cat's paw pulling it down from the table!!!!

I shall now try to paint again and hopefully upload successfully.

Been a long haul but...no gain without pain.........and thanks again Claudia.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 10:11 AM

Claudia and Sarah, this is VERY beautiful!!!  I especially like the colors and contrast.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 1:11 PM

I call this finished, evenso and I have to agree with Geri, as soon as I have a painting uploaded I see the mistakes.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 4:17 PM

Hi guys, I will comment on everyone soon. I will have to write it all down now as I am so behind but will comment on the recent ones before I get any more behind. At least the sun is shinning and warmer weather is on it's way. Oh yea! Gerri keep that snow at your place! 

Gerri I liked you slightly wonky candle sticks and still life. You did well on a tricky subject.

Sarah, glad you are back online. New programs are such a learning curve every time. I dread it when Howard wants to "improve" mine! Hope you can get it worked out soon. Painting looks great! 

Okay the mind has gone will come back after I write it down

Claudia, sorry I have not participated so far. The canoe painting has taken what time I have at the Studio and I didn't feel in the mood to fight the cat to sketch at home. He is getting much better though.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 890
Points 19,835
Hearadh wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 5:46 AM

Hello all...hope this uploads and fits the theme...this is a watercolour sea/landscape off the coast of Sutherland. A place I love dearly.

OOPS!  should have uploaded 90degrees right and cropped to show only the painting!!!     Back to the drawing board!!!!!!!!

Sarah

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 6:51 AM

I didn't want to turn my laptop so i upload it again;)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 7:18 AM

Claudia & Sarah - Wow, it does look like you two shared the same palette for your avatar and "Wasted" ptg.. Love those colors.

Sarah, I recall seeing this before (diff. forum) and I had a hard time seeing the paw at first. Same this time, but I love the concept of it and it's such a fun ptg.. Unique and tricky to attempt this - love it. Your seascape is lovely - it's simplicity fits the peaceful atmos..

Claudia, your fin. ptg. has some great colors, text., and movement, which fortunately were retained from its earlier stage. Can see you made improvements so you did well. I esp. like the pretzel and breadstick, but I may be biased since those are what I would choose to eat first.

Good job turning Sarah's ptg..

Am going to try very hard to work on a chall. photo. (By printing this, I'm trying to commit.)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 7:54 AM

Geri, very nice still life with the candle and fruit. I really like your choice of the green paper. Although your candlestick is a little off on the bottom it has a wonderful crystal appearance and your apple and pear are also well done.

Sarah, glad to see you back, your "Wasted" is interesting and certainly captures the viewers attention. The cat's paw and claws gives this a good story. Love the colours.

Claudia, great beer and pretzel ptg. They look good enough to eat for sure, nice foam on the beer. Also love the colours in this one too.

Sarah, your sea/landscape is lovely. I agree it has a calm feeling about it. Lovely colours in the land and good detail. Very nice painting and I can understand why it would be a place dear to you

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 9:30 AM

Sarah,  VERY nice watercolor!!!  I especially like the water and the mountains.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 890
Points 19,835
Hearadh wrote
on 12 Feb 2014 10:15 AM

Thank you Claudia...I didn't expect to see 'turned around' so quickly.

Thank you to those who have commented already...I hope everyone will understand why I am not c/c'ing...I am still learning to cope with this new PC and I am certainly not a computer geek!!!!

Sarah

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 3:35 AM

Sarah, Beautiful watercolor, the water and the mountains are very well done. It does look like a wonderful place to be.

One mistake I made for sure on my encaustic. I forgot the sweet mustard. ooops. I won't be able to sell this piece to anybody in Bavaria;)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 10:00 AM

Finished this colored pencil today.

"knock,knock"

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 65
Page 10 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS