CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,436
Points 23,080
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 1:02 PM

Karen I have not commented on your two paintings was that I was waiting for the finished product.  Your rose and piano is outstanding.  I thought how did she paint all those notes s well.  Now we know.  Smart thinking.  I believe your city scape will be just as good if not better..  They are both fine works.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,332
Points 50,555
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 2:15 PM

Sonia, your pears look very nice and I bet they look great in your drawing.  I like your shadows in this.  Good job!!!

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 7:14 PM

Susan...Your pool room looks great! Such strong lines and shapes. What a wonderful option to have right next to the kitchen! Really a nice watercolor.

Karen...The rose with the music is such a great job! The writing on the music sheet alone is fantastic!

Jen...I think the snow we had today came from your house!! Spring will be here soon or so they keep telling me. :)

Sonia...Your pears have such wonderful shading and such soft colors! The shapes are perfect and I really like the reflections.

Thank you everyone for the great comments on my bear drawing!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 959
Points 13,920
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 7:39 PM

Karen, your story is wonderful. What a beautiful painting to commemorate your thirtieth wedding anniversary. The rose looks soft an luscious and I like the detail on the ends of the keys, they are scalloped so slightly to illustrate the little edge they have. Nice to have some instruction as to how you did the sheet music. I understand why you took a break from your city scape to do this one.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 7:53 PM

Susan, your pool picture is wonderful, great job you sure. Make all your pictures dance well done.

Karen, the piano painting is sweet and the rose is beautiful also we'll done.

Sonia, I also like your pears, I did a painting of pears once and they are not easy.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 10:23 PM

Karen...I must have totally missed the sentence about how you did the sheet music. It's still a great painting regardless!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 11:11 PM

This is truly beautiful painting with memories from the heart also. Love it,  Asusanrae

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,436
Points 23,080
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 11:56 PM

I got tired of watching the Olympics and did a little drawing.  This is charcoal on 9x12 on green Mi-Teintes paper.  If I could only draw a straight line it would make things easier.  The upper right corner is not dark on the original.  All C&C good or bad is welcome.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 3:34 AM

Karen, oh what a wonderful painting of the piano and the rose and what a wonderful story. I wish could have thought of someting that special.

Geri, I like your charcoal of the pear, apple and candle. The shading is very well done and so are the reflexions on the counter. The lines don't look to much off. Maybe take a look at the stand of the cristall candleholder again. The green paper you used was a good choice for the subject.

Catherine, my mom used alot of OOOOhs and AAAAhs to comment on the bears (This stuffed animals are actually hedgehogs. Thats why they have the funny hair)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,332
Points 50,555
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 10:20 AM

Geri, VERY nice!!!!  Sorry, I had your painting  mixed up with Sonia's, on the other post.   Looks like to me that the base on the candle holder is a little off on the bottom side???   I like the flame and the pears very much. 

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 618
Points 9,755
karend84 wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 11:53 AM

Thank you for all the nice comments on the piano and rose.    

Sonia nice cp of the pears.  The candle is very faded on the pic.  Maybe just a little more definition on the crystal if it is faded on the original.

Geri I love the green paper for your pears.  You really got the look of crystal on the candlestick.  Nice light and shadow.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 4:00 PM

Bonnie - lovely ptg.; the girl's hair is perfect and so beautiful.

Susan - After our temps. and snow in Chicago, I'm ready to jump in your pool, but 2nd best is that now I get to imagine it thanks to your ptg.. I absolutely love the texture you have on those pots. How did you do it?

Karen & Sonia, thanks for your kind words re. my ptg. of the friends.

Karen - I was guessing you did the sheet music in pen, but even so it was very neat. Applying the actual music worked well. Your rose is stunning. Thanks for sharing the story.

Sonia (Callista) - Though it may not have scanned well, I can tell you have excellent colors in your pears.

Geri - Agree with others; candle holder's base is the main thing that stood out as needing tweaking; very dramatic lighting.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 7,655
NealeyPea wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 7:28 PM

Shameer ~ Your two WCs are both good.  I can't believe you're a beginning watercolor artist!  Your composition of the buildings & castle is especially nice.

Joyce ~ I'm glad to see you doing so much artwork lately!  Your drawings are thoughtful & your Shoshone Falls painting is very good.  Also nice to see what you look like.

Karen ~ Sorry I forgot to mention before on your new picture. HELLO!

Claudia ~ WOW!  What a lively carneval figure.  Also love the blue background - shows a lot of action.  Thanx for posting more pics in the chatter.  They are fun!

Bonnie ~ I think your WC of your garden and grandd. is GRAND.  Great depth and colors.  You must have done a lot of over-painting on this one.

Susan ~ Thanks for sharing your WC of your own indoor pool!  (  As it is 9 degrees here ) I agree about the floor pots.  The textures or shadows? are wonderful.

Karen ~ I very much admire your painting of the keyboard, rose & sheet music.  I thought it might be a collage as I have painted a few items using my old classical music sheets.  I love music & played classical piano since I was 5.  (Not so much anymore tho.) 

Sonia ~ Nice forms on your CP still life with pears.  I agree with Geri's expertise in that you might want to add more darks.  I didn't see the candle & holder.

Geri ~ I really like the effects you get using whites & darks on colored paper.  You're good at this!  More more!!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. I had to make notes;  there is a lot of art going on here.  YAAAAYYYY  Y'ALL!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 7:57 PM

Geri...Your charcoal work is great! Even though the candle stick is a little off it doesn't matter. The shadows are really, really well done.

Claudia...I'm glad your mother like the little drawing!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,436
Points 23,080
Berkenstock wrote
on 10 Feb 2014 10:48 PM

Thank you all for your nd comments.  After I posted this some of the mistakes became glaring.  It is funny you don't notice them so much in the original.  Now t see if I can get another one in before the end of the month.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Page 9 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS