CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,883
Points 48,280
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 4:01 PM

Nice work everyone. Sorry I have not been around but just pig sick of being housebound. Just as I thought I would be able to get to the studio today it snowed again!!  I have spent a fortune in Kindle books to escape it all!! It might be spring before I get back into the swing again!! Have fun.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,290
karend84 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 4:25 PM

Shameer great job with watercolor.  Your landscape has wonderful colors.  The town and castle has wonderful detail.  

Joyce fun sketches painting.  I like all three.

Bonnie beautiful watercolor of your Granddaughter and garden. Great job on the flowers foliage and your granddaughter.   

Susan your pool room is great.  I don't see a problem with your lines.   I love to swim it looks like a great place to be.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,290
karend84 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 4:30 PM

Jen thanks for stopping in.  Hope you can get to the studio soon.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 5:26 PM

Karen, thank you.  I love your keyboard.  VERY good detail.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 850
callista2 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:23 PM

Hi All,

Catching up again!

Claudia, what an array of wonderful photos.  I like your encaustics & really love the coloured pencil carnival character.

Sarah: beautiful watercolour rose.

Charlie: the bus and truck are great,

Kim T: what a beautiful painting - "Friends Recalling" - such detail.

Joyce: lovely memories captured in your three sketches.

Bonnie: this a lovely painting of your grand daughter in your garden - the colours are beautiful.

Karen: your painting of the piano is coming along very well - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Shameer Khan: I like your paintings, especially the one of the houses & castle, the colours are wonderful.

Finished this picture - it is coloured pencil, but didn't photograph or scan very well.  This is the scan.  (24cm x 15cm).

Sonia

Comments & critique will always be welcome & appreciated!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:46 PM

Gerri, my canyon isn't a glassier it all rocks just like the grand canyon. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:49 PM

Sorry Joyce I just jumped to conclusion.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 10:57 PM

Charlie glad to see you back.  Good job on the La Sal and the buss.  Didn't you post the truck once before?

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 11:02 PM

Claudia  I love the texture  and composition of your encaustic.  He kind of looks like he has on chain male.  Very medieval looking evan though it is a person with a mask in a parade.  I like it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 11:06 PM

Susan for a person that can't do water you sure did a fine job here.  I was going to ask you if this the pool room where is the pool table but that would be crass.  Love your WC.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 11:09 PM

Sonia nice little drawing of the pair of pears. It is well drawn but I think if the color was a little more intense you would like it better.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 4:26 AM

Thank you, Karen for your nice words. Our winter got scared away. It feels like spring with lots of wind.

Karen you piano is looking perfect. This is a good start. I noticed, you changed the sheet music. Sometimes it's good to take a break from a painting and start fresh. I'm looking forward to see the city and this piano piece finished.

Jen, I hope, even if the weather stops you from going to your studio, you have time to do some sketches at home. It's always nice to see your work. Even if I said that reading a good book makes you feel home and it's probably very relaxing, but maybe you will also get inspired by your books and sketch something out.

Thank you, Geri and Sonia for commenting on my work.

Sonia, I know the problem with scanning and photographing, sometimes it doesn't bring out colors right. You put very nice shading on the pear and apple.

I love the reflex ion on the counter

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 978
Points 14,285
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 9:24 AM

Thank you, Asusanrae, Karen, Sonia and Claudia for your kind comments on my garden painting.

Jen, nice to hear from you. Your Kobo will be like my Blackberry tablet and is worth about 100 times what we paid for them with the purchased library. I always download a book when I have something to do that will leave me waiting a long time, then I'm tied up reading it after. I do love them though. Have a nice break.

Asusanrae, I am so envious of your pool room, it looks spectacular. I love the deep blue and it must look great in the sunsets. Nice work on the pots and plants and the reflections in the water. Lovely.

Karen, your piano with the sheet music and flowers is coming along beautifully. I like the song you picked, very fitting. The keys and music are so very well done. I don't know how you got all the fine detail with the notes on the sheet music. I can't wait to see the flowers completed.

Sonia, nice work on the pear still life. I like all the shapes created between the apple and pear and their shadows on the table.    

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,290
karend84 wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 11:46 AM

Thank you Bonnie, Claudia and Charlie.  I have been wanting to try acrylic for a while.  Thirty years ago on Valentines day I married my best friend.  My husband a musician sang to me My Funny valentine at our reception.  The piano and music had a special meaning for me but...how to paint all those little lines and notes.  Solution buy a few colors of acrylic...a few brushes...and paste the printed music to the board.  Had to overcome some obstacles along  the way but I'm happy with the result.  Acrylic and paper on 8x10 canvas board.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 10,290
karend84 wrote
on 9 Feb 2014 11:51 AM

Not sure why pic didn't post.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Page 8 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS