CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 6:54 PM

Very nice little WC Shameer. Nice to have you with us.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 6:57 PM

Shameer another nice WC.  landscape . I like the color that you have in the sky .

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:00 PM

I like your canyon and what appears to be a glassier.  I like your skates too.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:00 PM

I like your canyon and what appears to be a glassier.  I like your skates too.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:04 PM

Claudia your carnival CP painting is very good.  I like the way you did the BG.  Nice soft misty colors that make the figures stand out.  I agree with the rest all the checks would drive me crazy.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,533
Points 24,595
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:08 PM

The bear drawing is great Catherine.  Great detail and contrast.  Her apron is fantastic.  I wish I would have drawn this.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:42 PM

Thank you Geri...but you could do this too. I will say It wasn't easy and it took hours of work even though it is so tiny. I made a square the size of the whole image and then made a grid of squares inside that big square so I could keep things in proportion and identify areas of each bears body that lined up with each other. Using a mechanical pencil with a very small lead made it easy to erase the grid and correct mistakes before I started putting in the shading. I made a lot of mistakes even with the grid and was still correcting areas I didn't like up to the day I posted the picture.   

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 11:12 AM

Thank you Charlie and Geri, I appreciate your comments on my painting. And yes Geri, I think she will enjoy it more later in life. I have a watercolour my Grandmother did and remember when she did some watercolour and how she enjoyed trying it and I treasure it.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 12:34 PM

w/c 9x12, my pool room off my kitchen, my favorite part of our home, the sunsets are beautiful here. This was a challenge for its not me to draw straight lines, thinking I will do an abstract of same view. I don't enhance or change the photo what my iPhone camera takes. In real life it seems much brighter than this photo.  Thank you for your thoughts. Have a great Saturday. Asusanrae

Joyce- I love all three photo's, I really like the details on the tree climbing and the picket fence, the skates also. There is such delight in seeing and remembering childhood memories and all three sure are good memories. Your painting of Shoshone Falls is outstanding. Thank you my Friend.

Claudia- I love the colorful paints you used in both of your characters, the expression are priceless, Thank you for being our special host this month.

Bonnie- I love the flower garden scene as your G'Daughters walks through and smells the flowers, what a beautiful job and a gift to her forever.

Charlie- You did an outstanding job with the old La Salle and the Red Bus, I've tired painting vintage cars in past, nearly impossible for me. Yours is so very good, the chrome and shine is perfect.

KIm- Your painting is so beautiful and I love the idea of cutting out people and overlaying on the painting. The 3D effect is great and reminds me of my first reading book

Catherine- Oh my, your graphite sketch's of the bears, brought those bears to life with real expressions, almost human, or as human as you can be, being a bear. Truly impressive.

Sam-Where are you? I miss not seeing you here.

Jen-I miss your paintings, do you have one posted and I missed, 

Shameer Khan- I also love your two paintings, the village is my favorite, both are very lively and love the color.

I hope I haven't missed any paintings/sketches with those who posted and I didn't mention. This is a wonderful group to be a part of you. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 12:42 PM

Sarah- This rose is the loveliest of all roses that I've seen in w/c. Beautiful painting. Asusanrae

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 1:20 PM

Kim, Catherine, Geri and Susan thank you for you nice comments.

Bonnie, what a lovely garden scene. This lets me look forward to spring and I can picture all the butterflies on the alium. Your granddaughter must be very proud of you. I didn't notice the arm either. What a nice family tradition giving a wc to the grandkids.

Susan, yes , your pool definitely looks like a place you can lay your heart. Very nice colors and beautiful sunset. You said water and straight lines are not your thing, doesn't show in this wc. Good job.

Thank you for your kind words.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,580
Points 51,870
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 1:43 PM

Asusanrae, thank you for your kind comments.  Yes, they are hard to do.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 683
Points 11,035
karend84 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 3:29 PM

Finally back to painting today.  Took a break from my City scape to work on a challenge photo.  Here is what I'm working on.  I took a break from painting to make some comments so will explain the painting with a post when its finished.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 683
Points 11,035
karend84 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 3:42 PM

Sarah your rose is perfect.  I love the colors

Claudia great paintings.  What a wonderful celebration.  I also enjoyed the pics you posted in chatter.  Hope you were successful in chasing winter away, our groundhog says 6  more weeks.  Your costume painting are fabulous.  I love the way you faded the crowd to have the characters stand out.  Your food pic is looking great.  Makes we want to out and get a pretzle and beer.

Charlie your car and bus are great.   Wonderful composition and detail.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 683
Points 11,035
karend84 wrote
on 8 Feb 2014 3:49 PM

Kim your neighborhood w/c is beautifully done.  I really like the houses your people are great and it tells a wonderful story.

Catherine amazing detail  on the bears in such a tiny space. 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Page 7 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS