CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 8:31 PM

Catherine, what a sweet little sketch you have done so much work.  Looking forward to seeing more.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 9:46 PM

Sarah I don't think I touch on your beautiful rose, well done the colours are wonderful.  The rose looks so really and the dark background makes it pop

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 169
Points 3,555
Shameer Khan wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 11:07 PM

Hi All,

Happy to post this hope u all like this. Last month saw some of the paintings of Edward Wesson i was really amazed by his work.

I have just started water color Please feel free to comment & critics.

Please like my Facebook Page to see my Art work:- http://www.facebook.com/ShameerKhanFineArtsPaintings

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 11:20 PM

Shameer welcome to the group your watercolour painting is wonderfuly done.  Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork.  Joyce

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 722
Points 12,190
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 11:35 PM

I did said I was doing sketches from my past so while watching the movie "The Bulter" (which was good) I sketched 2 drawings.  One is a girl in a tree which bring me back to Susan and myself setting many hours in a tree playing and chatting around and just being kids I added a white picked fence which everyone had way back then but my story is one summer after my father wasn't happy with me I got the job of painting the fence which took me most of my summer.  The next sketch is rollerskates as we spend many many many hours at the skating ring together.  The thrid picture is Shoshone Falls where we swam. Enjoy.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 2:03 AM

I thought this month started out slow, but now you guys are getting busy. That's great!.

Marsha, thank you for your nice comments on my encaustics. Sorry to hear that you are sick. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Kim, thank you for the link to help me with perspective. I should have made more sketches before I started. Sarah  does tell me that all the time.

I see what you mean about your figures.

Karen you avatar is very nice, much better than the grey lady.

Joyce you sketches and painting of your childhood along with the stories sound wonderful. What a wonderful area you grew up in. The two sketches you did, will you paint them?

Shameer, welcome back to the challenge. It 's great that you have time to post here again. Your watercolor is beautiful.

The colors you used for the sky and the reflections of the water are perfect. In fact this is the way the sky looked on the day I took the picture. It did not come ou tin  the photo so.

I also like the watercolor effect on the moving clouds.

Did you see an exhibit with Edward Wesson artwork?

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 169
Points 3,555
Shameer Khan wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 2:39 AM

thanks Joyce & Claudia for ur comments.

Claudia ur uploaded for this month have attracted me very much. i could not stop my self giving a try. hopefully i will try to contribute some more.

Edward Wesson 's painting i came across while surfing in internet after that i visited the website http://somersetfineart.co.uk.

thanks AgAIN

Please like my Facebook Page to see my Art work:- http://www.facebook.com/ShameerKhanFineArtsPaintings

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 3:56 AM

Thank you everyone for all of the great comments on the bear drawing. I do plan on doing them in color eventually but want to do a few more sketches/drawings of areas that gave me trouble with this first one. This is a real good skill builder project and there is plenty of opportunity to be creative with the subject. Yes, the background could use a little bit of something but not too much as I think because it's such a small space in relation to the entire area that a very subtle cast shadow behind each bear would be plenty.

Marsha...I hope you feel better soon!

Karen...Your new avatar is great and so is that painting! Very nice color of blue in both your shirt and the flowers too. One of these days I'll have a new picture of myself taken and update my avatar too.

Joyce...What a great idea sketching memories from your past! The place where you swam is just beautiful! I also like your new avatar,

Susan..Your new avatar is cool with the great shadow image!

Shameer...I really like the watercolor you've done! Very lovely colors in this one! Good luck with your likes on your Facebook page! I don't participate in Facebook so please don't feel I've ignored your page.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 4:30 AM

Shameer, glad you like the the selection of photos and keep your paintings coming. We love to see them.

Catherine,  good to hear that you have so much fun with this subject. I will print out your first drawing and take it to my mom this weekend. She will be thrilled to see her precious stuffed animals painted.

Oh, the football game woke me up Sunday morning at 3 amAngry. Because my husband was sitting in the living room cheering for Seattle. He didn't like the game much, just the result

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 952
Points 13,810
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 8:04 AM

Shameer, your sky colour and reflections in the water are lovely. Great start with watercolours. Nice to see you again.

Joyce, I love your memories of home as a young girl. I relate to some of them, like climbing in the trees and a favorite swimming place. Your picket fence story is priceless, some lessons you don't forget. I didn't roller skate but your sketch is great, lovely shading on the skates. And, your swimming place at Shoshone Falls is a wonderful painting. You really get the sense of the height of the rock and falls.

I am enjoying everyone's new avatars. Very nice.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,079
Points 49,260
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 9:46 AM

Shameer, this is VERY nice!!!   I like it!

Joyce, I like your drawings, especially the Falls.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 9:57 AM

Karen - Thanks for putting up an avatar which looks nice. Am sure your sis-in-law loved the ptg..

Shameer Khan - good work on the avatar and beautiful reflection of the sun in your ptg..

Joyce, thanks for sharing those works which are each unique. The sketch of the girl/tree looks like a great memory and a cute sketch. Looks like it could go in a children's book for an illustration. The skates show some nice form; esp. like the R. one. I think some shadow and perhaps a sug. of a floor line or something to further ground them would be a good finishing touch. The watercolor has a lovely soft, quiet feel to it.

Thanks for your comment on my ptg.. The 3-D was out of desperation and lack of confidence vs. anything planned.

Claudia - I do believe you had lots of great things already going on in your ptg. so if you don't get the circles just right (suspect you've got it figured out now though), it's still going to be a fun work that will be great to behold. Your style brought a lot to it which made your interpretation so much more interesting vs. the photo (though it was a good photo).

Hope the link did help. I think circles in persp. are more difficult than straight lines in linear persp..

I was not offended at all by your (or anyone else's) c/c. I truly apprec. all. Even if I didn't necessarily agree with everything, I do think it ALL helps to give me lots to think about, which I will!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 10:46 AM

This is a colored pencil of the Fasching/carneval characters.

26cm x 21cm

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,079
Points 49,260
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 5:38 PM

Joyce, thank you.

Claudia, nice carneval characters

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 8:07 PM

Feeling a little better today....

Shameer:  beautiful watercolor, breat sunset reflecting on the water...  what size is it?

Joyce :   Avatar looking Good.  Love the skates drawing,   the Canyon looks abit like it came from around my neck of the wood...  kinda like the grand canyon. very nicely done,  I like the background as well.   My favorite thing to do as a young girl was to climb trees,  as high as I could possibly go...  my mother almost had many many heart attacks....   your drawing brought back some great memories....

Kim:   I have an apology to make,   when I was looking at your beautiful 3D, I was seeing it from the Email rather than the challenge site itself.  and it didn't show the complete picture only the lower half of it.   when I looked at the complete painting I saw exactly what you were talking about,   I love the concept and each of the memory elements  are beautifully done....  

Karen,  great avatar,  beautiful painting....

Claudia:   your colored pencil piece of the great colorful carnival costumes,  wow lots of beautiful red checks....   I can't imagine watching let alone HEARing a football game at 3am.....    poor you......  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 5 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS