Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 766 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,045
Points 22,400
Hearadh wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 3:34 AM

Hello Nealey...still here and thanks for all your support.

Jen..thanks to you as well.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 1:46 PM

Hello Sarah!!  I'm so glad to hear this!

I posted another version of the Southern Home in the August challenge site.  Hoping to start on something new this weekend using Bonnie's photos. 

Since it is September, our quilt guild is back to making community service quilts for the hospitals & Habitat for Humanity.  Also the "Quilting Around Chautauqua" is the end of this month...busy, busy, tho I have nothing to show this year.  Only pencils & brushes in my hands the last couple months!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,410
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 9:26 PM

Well another day and some more daily paintings. Today one of the girls at the studio gave me some chocolate coted coffee beans! Gave be lots of pep and I painted three paintings today! By the time I got to the end of the third the effect was wearing off! Still I had fun.

the man is 8"x10" and the peach is 6"x6" oil on canvas. Number three is in the challenge.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 9:36 PM

Nealy I liked your WC and now the graphite.  Both well done.

Jen your little paintings are are pretty cool.  I wish I could get enough gumption to do a painting a day it would teach me a lot.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 5 Sep 2014 10:11 AM

Jen, these are great. I like the attitude of the man, well done but I also like the warm colour of the peach. You are getting lots of detail in these smaller paintings even doing them quickly.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 5 Sep 2014 7:31 PM

Jen ~ Chocolate coated coffee beans; mmmmmmmmm yummy!!  You're doing a great job with your paintings.I esp.  Love the man ~ his pose is so casual.  I want to know what he's thinking about!!  Do you have open houses at your studio? It's the perfect setup to show your work.Yes

Geri ~ Thanks for your comment on my last August post.  Maybe if you try some chocolate covered coffee beans, you will get some gumption.Wink

Nealey

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 719
Points 11,770
karend84 wrote
on 6 Sep 2014 1:36 PM

Jen great work on the one a day.  I wish I had the time it seems to be a great way to practice keeping things loose.  

I'm watching Aug and Sept but haven't had time to post. I hope to join in over there soon.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,410
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Sep 2014 10:08 PM

Bonnie, Nealey, Soccer and Karen, Thank you for the encouraging words. It has been an interesting journey so far. The chocolate coffee beans definitely helped. I didn't have any today and I only managed one painting, although it is true I cleaned up a couple of the last ones today as well! :)

Here all  7 of them with todays addition of the boats. Today I am ahead but I will have to do three on Monday to keep up and coming up with ideas and references is going to get harder and I will have to start painting anything in site which always makes for good practice!

the Sailboats painting is 8"x10"  the baots were all white but I added the colours not sure if it helped!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 7 Sep 2014 8:49 AM

Jen, what a nice collection you have got in such a short time. I really like your latest one with the boats and can't wait to see what is coming next.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 8 Sep 2014 4:56 PM

Jen thanks for showing us more of your studio & your new block of oil paintings!  I commented in the Sept. challenge too.  Keep up with the enthusiasm!

I had the grands for the weekend as their father had a disk replacement surgery in his neck.  I am exhausted!!  Didn't get any of my own art done, but gave the "babies" more chances to play with my art supplies, with a few mini lessons thrown in!!

Nealey

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,410
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Sep 2014 9:24 PM

Nealey and Bonnie, Thanks for the cheerleading. I do know how much fun having grands over for the weekend can be and how exhausting. Glad you got some painting with them though.

Well I got three more done today to keep up as I wont be back painting again until Thursday. That makes 8,9,10! so one third of the way there. I don't know if I can keep  up the pace as just finding references is hard. The peppers I did first just 5x7 and they took forever! Just fought me all the way! The guys chatting were fun as they were something different for me.Theyare good figure and wheel barrow practice as well as practicing suggesting the urban street around them 8x10. The rooster went fast and it was just fun to splash around what was left of the paint! at the end of the day. He is 6x6

Enjoy. they are all very wet.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 719
Points 11,770
karend84 wrote
on 9 Sep 2014 12:54 PM

Jen great job on your one a days.  Fabulous detail in such a short time.

I am working on challenge in acrylic from w/c.  The challenge is to create a unique still life with significance to you.  The challenge wants anything bur traditional.  Still have some work to go.  Hope this meets the challenge.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,410
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Sep 2014 1:23 PM

Karen, thanks for the kind words. I am having fun. 

I love your still life challenge!  You have certainly come up with a unique idea for a still life. I will have to check out the site but I should think you have a winner. I love how you think.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 9 Sep 2014 10:45 PM

Jen, more lovely paintings. I especially like the peppers even though they gave you trouble they have great colour and highlights.

Karen, I think you have something unique with this piece. Great take on a still life.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 719
Points 11,770
karend84 wrote
on 10 Sep 2014 1:40 PM

Thanks Jen and Bonnie for the kind words.  I think I'm going to call it finished.  I'm calling it Monday.  16x20 acrylic on board.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Page 32 of 52 (767 items) « First ...  < Previous  30 31 32 33 34  Next >  ... Last » | RSS