Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 455 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:14 PM

Hi everybody.  I am at the library using their computer.  Mine is not in working condition and this one will not let me post any photos.  After last month I was hoping to post some stuff but it looks like a no go for awhile.

I have a friend that is learning to make jewelry and is doing a fabulous job for a beginner.  She brought me some silver wire and now I am getting ready to do some silverpoint.  It has been awhile since I have done any silverpoint but I am going to give it a try.

Hope to get into the swing of things pretty quick.  Not having my laptop sucks. 

Well it is time to catch up on what you all have been doing.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:16 PM

Sarah I love the little drawing of the canon. It would look nice matted and framed. 

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:19 PM

Thunk Some nice little sketches.  I like the barn Owl the best.  I am kind of partial to owls.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:22 PM

Digging up the wee peoples gold.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:25 PM

Turps245:
I had to go home after dumping a jar of turps all over me!

.  I always wondered how you got your Sign in name ;)  Looks like its coming along otherwise.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:29 PM

Karen looks like you are getting a handle on the acrylics.  I think that we all should do some plein air painting it is good practice but I never seem to get around to it.  Looking good..

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 3:39 PM

Karen sorry to here about the accident you had with the other painting.  I punched a whole in one of my acrylic paintings and just put acrylic mat medium on the back side.  Worked pretty good for me.  You have to look for it to see it.

Your train statin came out very nice.  If I would do anything I would add something in the lower right corner.  That is a large bare spot that draws my eye there looking for something.  Just a suggestion Your painting is fantastic. 

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Jun 2014 7:20 PM

Gerri, So good to hear from you. Sorry the old computer is giving you fits as you are missed here. The new project sounds like fun I hope you can find a way to show us what you are doing eventually.  LOL about Turps goes back to school days!  Yes,  a shame on those guys stealing a poor wee ones gold!!

I finally finished the Market scene although Hubby says it is boring and lacking in contrast. He is going for cataract surgery soon so.....!

He is usually right though.

10 x10 oil on canvas

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jun 2014 2:53 PM

Jen where the top of the tent meets the sky there is a very little value change.  Other than that I see nothing wrong with the tonal values.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 503
Points 7,855
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jun 2014 9:07 PM

Sarah I always enjoy peeking at others' sketchbooks.  Sorry again about your soggy vacation, but you will always have your sketch journal!!

Jen, WOW your pastel sure is bright!  Cute twist  to add the leprechaun!  The market painting is nice too.  Such happy paintings!

Thunk I like your pastels in dark paper.  It makes them more dramatic.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 503
Points 7,855
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jun 2014 9:16 PM

Karen, your paintings just get better and better!  Good for you to paint in plein air with acrylics!  The color of your red flowers just jump off the canvas - beautiful!

Liz hello and nice to see you pop in!

Geri, sorry about your 'puter problems.  If you copy your artwork to a flash drive, you can plug into most library computers.  Working with silver sounds like fun and I'd like to see pics!

I tried to do some drawing outside today but it was just too hot!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 856
Points 19,380
Hearadh wrote
on 29 Jun 2014 7:43 AM

Hello Geri...thanks for your comments...Silverpoint is a lovely technique.. I copied some of Leonardo da Vinci's silverpoint drawings many many years ago  when I was given a book of his drawings as a 21st birthday present. I learned a lot about drawing from them.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,854
Points 47,595
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Jul 2014 1:23 AM

The July Challenge, will be a little late as Alex forgot the time and I forgot to remind her. No worries better late than never!  Hope you are all full of creative energy and ready to begin a new challenge. Thanks Alex! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 856
Points 19,380
Hearadh wrote
on 2 Jul 2014 11:18 AM

Hello Jen...I emailed Alex this morning when I read that you had said she was providing the next Challenge. Hope I didn't interfere but I thought maybe she was ill or very busy workwise..

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,320
on 2 Jul 2014 3:06 PM

Hello all, the July challenge is now posted. You are all a hard act to follow when it comes to beautiful and inspiring photos!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Page 27 of 31 (456 items) « First ...  < Previous  25 26 27 28 29  Next >  ... Last » | RSS