Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 663 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 4:49 PM

Jen your dragon is quit an achievement too.  How big did it turn out  to be.  Going to be fun getting it in the kiln.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:14 PM

Claudia, She is wonderful and such a character! Reminds me of the Vaudeville acts!  I absolutely  love the costume! The glazes are so vibrant and showcase her perfectly. You are so creative. Yes,  like Gerri I want to know how you support her.

Nealey, Gerri and Claudia, Thanks, He is not that big about 10' square I guess. I shouldn't have a problem getting him in the kiln. Now getting him out in one piece that is the crap shoot!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 3:56 AM

Hello Claudia......she has brightened my day!!!

Reminds me of a certain popular postcard character (before your time and very English humour).

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 4:25 AM

Sarah, so happy that I brightened your day with my "little" princess.

Jen And Geri thank you to you too for your lovely comments. My husband will build her a metall stand. She has a hole in the back to put a post in.

The stand has to be strong since she weights 4kg. I build up some arm muscles holding her for the glaze.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 10:35 AM

This is a forty year old piece of Stoneware which I made, it  is still in my garden. Claudia and Jen have already seen it and Jen thought others may be interested as it is quite a contrast to the work produced in terra-cotta. Any questions feel free to ask. 

It is abstract but Jen did make an educated guess as to the idea behind  creating it.

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 11:48 AM

Jen, thank you so much for hosting April's challenge & putting together the Gallery.  It is a lot of work - much appreciated.  I know I'll need some help when my month comes.

Claudia ~ WONDERFUL PRINCESS BALLERINA with great detail and glazing. She makes me laugh!!  Reminds me of Betty Boop, an old American cartoon gal.

Sarah ~ LOVE your stoneware garden piece.  To me, it looks like a bird with a bird feeder shelf.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 11:54 AM

Since others are sharing their clay works, I thought I'd show one of my pieces that I had forgotten about.  (In a chest drawer, wrapped up.)  I made it in 2001, when I was hanging out at my friend's pottery studio.  Stoneware tile - 6" x 6"

Nealey

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 12:13 PM

I forgot to say this is my version of E.M. Escher's woodcut.  Have to give credit to one of my idols. Wink

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 12:29 PM

Hello Nealey,

lovely glazed tile... I like Escher's designs too. So clever.

The theme for my stoneware was 'birds'...I made variations on the theme in all manner of media but all

gone now.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,655
Berkenstock wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 5:37 PM

Nealy great tile.  Is that a clear glaze on terra cotta or is that the color of the glaze you used.  Either way very nice.

Sarah your stat ue is very nice too.  I thought it was a pregnant women.  Kind of like a fertility symbol.  Just goes to show you what I know.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 7:23 PM

Nealey, your tile is a beautiful design. Did you carve it out or build it up? You did a wonderful job and such delicate work.

Gerri , I can see ancient fertility god in Sarah's piece now you mention it, but if you look at the face it is definitely bird. It looked like an owl to me! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 7:06 AM

Thanks  (I think!!!)  Geri.........I can see where you are coming from...............

Thanks again  Nealey...birds do shelter on the ledge because it is always dry (slopes) but I never put food there.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 7:12 AM

Has anyone done Batik?

this is 6 x 2..5 ft. On an old sheet mounted on board. Gold cord was couched on to emphasise the hair, halo rays, sword. The curve of the shield was meant to hold it all together. Sorry that it isn't facing straight on view...my late husband took the 'photo.

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 11:00 PM

Geri & Jen ~  Re: my tile....We were cranking out slabs for him to build his trays. I think they were about 3/4" thick.  He made large stoneware trays & such.  I was cutting them & cut a few small squares for myself too.  The design was all carved out .  He made his own glazes, so I had a few earthy colors to choose from, though I lost some of the detail.    Learning experience.

Sarah ~  That's GREAT and LARGE batik painting!!!  The added embroideries warm the cockles of my heart.Wink  I did a little wax resist work on fabric a long time ago, WAY before I got into "textile art"!  Oddly, I had lunch with an old teacher of mine last week and she tried to give me ALL her fabric dying equipment.  I felt bad saying no, but I already have too much "stuff" that I never use!!!

Nealey

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 683
Points 11,050
karend84 wrote
on 24 Apr 2014 8:08 AM

My husband surprised me with his creativity.  My belated valentine/anniversary gift he's been secretly working on.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Page 21 of 45 (664 items) « First ...  < Previous  19 20 21 22 23  Next >  ... Last » | RSS