Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 664 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Apr 2014 10:56 PM

Jen, thank you for the wonderful March Gallery. It is always so good to see all the artwork and you did such a great job in setting them up so nicely.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 2:15 AM

Karen the motorcycle painting is wonderful, you must be very proud of this piece.

Hello Jen,

thank you for the wonderful march gallery. I feel bad not taking part much last month.

No, the window is not done yet.

I was busy with various things. Most of them are fun. One and this one deals with art is, that I was aked to help paint some eggs for the easter fountain in town.

All eggs are blown out (hints, a few break every year) and handpainted. The pictures I post here are from my camera a couple years ago, so none of the eggs are painted by me. The guy who painted these is over 80 now and he wants some younger people to keep the tradition going. I  will post one of the eggs in the april challenge, I believe that will fit the theme.

Jen, I also love your clay work, th dragon looks like a friendly fellow.

I did some clay work myself and totally got carried away with a ballerina princess. She is in the kiln right now.

Hope to be back soon to post more

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 2:38 AM

Claudia thank you for the comment on the motorcycle painting.  Wow that fountain is fantastic.  My cousin used to paint pysanka eggs and I always wished he'd teach me.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 2:41 AM

Claudia the post sent before I finished.  I can't wait to see your painted eggs.  They are a perfect fit in the April challenge.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 11:27 AM

Claudia what wonderful eggs! I can't wait to see your version. Glad to see you are maintaining an old tradition.

thank you for the knd words on the gallery and my dragon who I think is a little wild and confused as he has just hatched!! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 2:33 PM

Hello Jen,

just looked at the Gallery...good display of all our work. Thanks for all your hard work as Hostess.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 9:41 PM

You are welcome Sarah!

Well I did a bit more on the dragon. You probably can't see much. He didn't release easily so I am letting him dry and get leather hard so I don't risk knocking bits off him. I have no idea if the egg is going to support him without the mold! Hope so as I quite like him!! Also  I need some moisture in the egg to fix any outside cracks and such! I am going to a party instead of art on Saturday (gasp) so wont go back until Monday. Hopefully this round of spring thunderstorms wont blow us all away. Ahh Spring in Arkansas!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 3 Apr 2014 10:44 PM

Jen the dragon is looking great.  I hope he holds.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 4 Apr 2014 7:38 AM

Claudia, wonderful to see this traditional egg display. It is good that you are getting involved to carry the tradition on. I am looking forward to seeing your eggs for this year.

Jen, your dragon is really looking good. Be careful with the storms. Our weather today is to be freezing rain, so dangerous driving conditions and I don't suppose it will take away much snow. We have many birds coming  back now on a daily basis so Spring has to come now.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 6 Apr 2014 2:24 PM

Bonnie, thanks.  The storms gave the weatherman some excitement but really we had more thunder and a lot of lightening keeping me offline but fortunately we had none of the nasty tornadoes or hail. Then I was busy this weekend. I hope to get some sketches done if Jinx behaves!!  

You stay warm and I hope you get rid of all that ice and snow soon! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 7:50 PM

Claudia ~ Thanks for posting the Easter display photos - so cool!  Can't wait to see your own painted eggs!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 9:21 PM

Well today I finally got the dragon out of his egg and in one piece! So far so good. A bit od running repairs on a finger and a bit of egg and then a base so it will stand up. hopefully it will all stay together. last time I promise!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 11:22 AM

Jen ~ Your dragon is really coming along ~ very complicated structure!! 

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 3:09 PM

Jen, your dragon twisting around in the egg does look complicated. Looks like a big project.

I got my last pottery project today. This princess ballerina  weights 4 kg. I got carried away on that one.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 4:46 PM

Claudia she is marvelous.  How do you support her?? Love the underwear.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 20 of 45 (665 items) « First ...  < Previous  18 19 20 21 22  Next >  ... Last » | RSS