Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 313 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:10 AM

Karen, this looks like it will be great. It is such a nice painting to do and you are coming along wonderfully. I really like the background, gives it lots of depth. Congratulations on the commission.

Joyce, the only thing I remember reading about oil and acrylic is that oil floats on water so the oil has to be on top of the acrylic and that is what Jen commented on. It was just a way to remember which way it went.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 11:48 AM

Marsha, I have to tell you that you picked the curling team from the wrong country. LOL. Now for the men's hockey. I actually took yesterday morning off to watch the ladies curling championship and had today off to watch the men's. I'm glad I did. Other than the couples and women's figure skating this is all I've been able to watch. Maybe I'll watch some hockey now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 5:38 PM

Bonnie,  I am so very proud of the Canada Womens Curling team   they did an outstanding job... Our team wasn't ready for the Olympics at all.    the US needs to put more into the curling teams..   The reason I picked the GB team is they all all Scots.  and my heritage is Scot/Irish....  so I was just picking a team....  BUT....   I am also so very proud of the Canadian Men....  YEAH GOLD as well.   WOW  your folks must be warming up with all the whooping... I know I would..  you are the only one that I can say Congratulations to Canada to.....  I've never been a real hocky fan because of the violence in the professional teams. but I like the Olympic Hocky, not as bloody....  you beat us, now I will root for Canada over Sweeden... just for you....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 6:36 PM

Marsha, I'm Scottish and Irish as well. I had not been following the men's curling  until I watched today, but they did well. They are also from Sault St. Marie which is a small city not far from here. On the US boarder where Lake Superior, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron meet. We go across the boarder there. So it was nice to see a team that close to home do well. The men's hockey team does not seem to be what it used to be and am not sure about their next game. I agree the Olympic hockey is a better game to watch then the NHL. I think my favorite Olympic sport is the figure skating though. It is so beautiful to watch with such grace, power and control.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 6:41 PM

Well I'm not Scottish or Irish but happy with the curling team, let's just hope the men hockey team are as good as the women's hockey team.  I also love the figure skating, sking and just about anything at this years Olympics. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:13 PM

Joyce and Bonnie: I too love the figure skating,  I was soooo impressed with the ice dancing this year.   WOW   all of the teams were beautiful to watch.   I like the X games with the snowboarding.   oh heck I like ALL of the olympics and I think Russia did a great job putting them on under the warmer than expected conditions they were dealt with...  Sault St Marie sounds like a great place to live.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 721
Points 12,170
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 21 Feb 2014 8:26 PM

MARSHA, you are so right Russia did a wonderful job, I can't given guess the $$$.  The X games were fun to watch and Sault St. Marie is very beautiful as is most Canadian and USA cities. 

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 22 Feb 2014 6:33 AM

I don't get notified via email for every post but I do get an email copy of private conversations that are posted to me.  I got your message Joyce and am shocked that you just received the Christmas card I sent in December.  I'm glad that you got it and enjoy it.  Merry Christmas!!!

I've made several attempts to get back into art but am not able to focus as well as needed.  On occasion, I check the posts at this site and have even started to comment but can't manage to know what I want to say.  What art I've seen is terrific, as usual.  I will continue to try to get back into the swing of things and back to you guys.

It's sad to see the terrible weather some of you are dealing with this winter.  Now it's nearing time for the spring thaws and flooding.  That's a scary thought and I hope that you are all okay and get through it unscathed.

I'll try to do better as far as keeping in touch.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 729
Points 17,195
Hearadh wrote
on 22 Feb 2014 9:11 AM

Good to see you back Sam even if only fleetingly.  Hope too that you will be participating again very soon.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 8:02 AM

Sam, I'm so glad to hear from you. Hope things turn around for you. Take it easy and look after yourself. I am sure we will be seeing you participating again soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 44,855
Turps245 wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 2:44 PM

Sammy, so good to see your smiling face back here. Your wisdom and critiques are really missed . Hope your latest cataract surgery was more successful than the last. I know meds can really fry your brain so hope you will be able to join us soon and feel more like yourself. Hugs.

it is amazing that so many cards get through on time so it is no wonder that some take a longer route. If only the card could talk and tell us where it had been! 

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 5:23 PM

Sam:  Yeah,  glad to see you popping in.   Everyone misses you.    me too.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 7,545
karend84 wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 8:54 PM

Sarah you caught the intense stare from Butch.  

Joyce cute groundhog.

Catherine lovely flowers and beautiful painting.

Jen great job on the nocturn.  Love the glow you achieved.  That is really great you were able to work with Jason Sac ran.  I looked at his site.  His work is amazing.  I am so glad your working in oils.  It is nice to see other oil work and hear of some of the frustrations.  I have to stop on my portrait because I'm moving wet paint.

Sam it is so good to hear from you.  Looking forward to having you back. 

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 7,545
karend84 wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 11:42 PM

Small progress on the portrait.  Below is the reference photo.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 7,545
karend84 wrote
on 23 Feb 2014 11:43 PM

Well the reference ended up above.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Page 13 of 21 (314 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS