Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 501 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 521
Points 8,125
NealeyPea wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 7:36 PM

Hello All!  I'm happy to report I've honored my New Year's Resolution of one drawing a day ~ so far!  Day 22 & I'm still doodling...

Catch Me If I Fall  3.5" x 5" sketch pad using .005 Prismacolor pen.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 10:10 PM

Nealey if you keep doing all this Zen stuff you will probably reach nirvana by Dec. 31st.  This one is very interesting.  Kind of reminds me of jelly fish. Nice work.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 10:55 PM

Nealey, nice doodle. It appears as if it could be falling through the tentacles. good for you keeping up with your New Years resolution.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 11:19 PM

Nealey check out Artwork from life on Wey Canvas.  It may be something you would like.  I did it for awhile and enjoyed it until I got so far behind that I could not keep up.

Sorry I forgot to tell you it is the scavenger hunt

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 521
Points 8,125
NealeyPea wrote
on 23 Jan 2014 6:18 PM

Bonnie and Geri, thanks for your comments on my "fantasy" drawing.  If I do one a day til April, I'll be happy enough....nirvana - probably not.  Just want to break the bad habit of fighting with myself.

Geri ~ I have a hard enough time keeping up with the AD posts.  I recently created an account with WetCanvas, but the site is confusing.  I've only looked at the photo gallery.  Do you have artwork there?  I don't know your username.

Nealey

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 25 Jan 2014 3:29 AM

I seem to have missed at least one 'page'...

anyway..

sorry to hear that you are having more health problems Sam...hope your doctoer can soon sort you out.

Nealey.....agree about the 'doodles'.......good for the soul...I saw the jelly fish connection but also thought of zip fasteners and patterns.

Wet Canvas.........I gave that up a long,long time ago simply because I found it too time consuming/complicated.  Prefer this site but  as  I limit my time on the PC  one Forum is enough for me to cope with....prefer to paint/draw.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 25 Jan 2014 12:11 PM

Hi all; I haven't posted in awhile been busy having fun with YUPO and getting too involved on FB. I'll post a couple of my efforts

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 26 Jan 2014 6:30 AM

I have cut  the pad of my  finger so can't paint until it heals...so...I looked through my sketch books and found this colour sketch....reminded me of the WIP oil  painting of the city skyline.

This watercolour was painted from my hotel room balcony. Spain.

Sarah

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 26 Jan 2014 9:06 PM

Karen....The skyline painting is really coming along great!

Nealey..Your Zentangle is wonderful and has such nice movement!

Sam..I hope you feel better soon. I'll send get well thoughts your way.

Fred...Your YUPO paintings are really interesting. You can get some nice texture with that sort of board.

Sarah...The watercolor you did in Spain is really interesting and you've even add the laundry hanging out to dry on the clothes line on the roof! I can just imagine how painful that sort of finger injury must be. I hope it heals quickly.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 26 Jan 2014 11:33 PM

Fred, your work on the YUPO is very different. I think I like the last one best, it reminds me of the ends of wood. You get very nice texture with this type of board.

Sarah, great skyline in Spain. You can feel the sunshine on the buildings and in the tree. It must have been a lovely trip. Take care of your finger so it heals up fast. You tend to open up wounds on your hands when trying to do things. It's hard not to use them.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 886
Points 19,785
Hearadh wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 3:18 AM

Thanks Cathy and Bonnie...it was an Art History course I was taking part in but I take my travel painting kit with me wherever I go!

My finger is healing very well... managed to paint a quickie yesterday afternoon.

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:50 PM

nice little painting of the skyline in Spain Sarah.  I especially like the way you handled the tree.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:53 PM

Fred your Yupo works are very interesting.  I am surprised that pencil does so well on it.  I still like the fire monster.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 11:38 AM

Hey Gerri Here are a couple done with pencil 6x8 on YUPO it's a pleasure drawing on with a minimum of smudges

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 521
Points 8,125
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:22 PM

Hello Fred ~ Good for you with all your drawings and paintings on YUPO surface!  I like the one that Geri called a fiery monster.  I was just looking at photos of close-up caterpillars and your painting looks just like an abstract of one!  Also, good job on the tree drawing.Smile

Sarah ~ I always love your watercolors!  This one of the Spanish rooftops is great.  Your effects in the distant buildings are esp. wonderful! Yes

Nealey

Page 9 of 34 (502 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS