This post has 435 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 145
AbsoluteZer0 wrote
on 14 Jan 2014 5:48 PM

Hello to everyone.

I hope the new year finds you well.

This certainly seems like a happy place to check in on.

I'm glad I found it.

I still have to learn how to work the forum.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 3:30 AM

Thank you Nealy for the encouragement and suggestions.  I am trying squinting and it helps.  I am using oils.  Limited palette. Cad red, cad yellow, cobalt blue, burnt sienna and titanium white.  Another first for me so I'm experimenting as I go.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 3:33 AM

Welcome absolute zero.  I hope we have a chance to see your work.  Let us know if you have any questions on how to navigate or post.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 145
AbsoluteZer0 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 8:09 AM

Thanks Karen.  I really appreciate that.

I mostly checked in to admire what others are doing.  I enjoy seeing the work, and reading the stories that goes along with it.  It's inspirational.

I have been in a slump lately, and I'm trying to pull myself back out of it.  I think 2014 is going to be a good year for me to do that.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 458
Points 7,120
NealeyPea wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 7:00 PM

Hi AbsoluteZero!  I saw your name & wondered if you're a Stone Sour fan too!?!?!?!  If you are in a slump, I highly recommend you going to the January Photo Challenge and giving the photos a look-see.  Bonnie has posted many pics for our inspiration and the members always welcome new people. Again, WELCOME!Cool

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 145
AbsoluteZer0 wrote
on 15 Jan 2014 10:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I am a Stone Sour fan, but I have been using AbsoluteZer0 as an email address, and screen name since 2004.  I just liked the sound of it.  I'm  a Slipknot fan too.Cool

I have been looking through the challenge photos, and a couple of them have caught my eye. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 16 Jan 2014 12:39 PM

Started with some detail on the city.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 458
Points 7,120
NealeyPea wrote
on 16 Jan 2014 5:58 PM

AbsoluteZer0 ~

AbsoluteZer0:

Yes, I am a Stone Sour fan,  I'm  a Slipknot fan too.Cool

Hi, makes sense ~ both Corey Taylor!  Looking forward to seeing you post in the January challenge.

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 458
Points 7,120
NealeyPea wrote
on 16 Jan 2014 6:03 PM

Hello Karen!  Excellent work so far.Yes  I magnified the distant hills and they look great.  You're progressing well, I think, though I'm not an oil painter.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 951
Points 13,805
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 18 Jan 2014 10:11 PM

Hello Absolute Zero, welcome to the group. I hope you find some inspiration here. We would love to see some of your work.

Karen, your cityscape is coming along very well. It looks like a lot of work, lots of detail. But it appears that it will be a wonderful painting.

Sorry, I have missed so much work but have been very busy lately. Will have to go back through the posts and see what is happening.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 19 Jan 2014 12:18 PM

Nealy and Bonnie thank you so much for your comments.  It is slow going I'll post again when I get further along.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 612
Points 9,650
karend84 wrote
on 21 Jan 2014 11:47 AM

Making my way slowly across the City.  Won't have a day off for another week so won't have much painting time.  Here is the progress so far.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 21 Jan 2014 3:39 PM

Sorry that I've been absent lately.  I continue to have medical problems.  Saw a doctor this morning and again on Thursday.  Maybe we can get it straightened out.

Karen, I am impressed with your skyline.  It's coming along beautifully with so much detail painted quite well.  This is going to be a beauty. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Jan 2014 11:37 PM

I finally made time to answer some of the post.  We got more snow last night and expecting below 0 temps the rest of the week.  I done some painting today and hopefully will post it tomorrow

Catherine love the new avatar.  It kind of fits you.  Nice work on the fountain.  Looks like a hard subject to me.

Karen super job on Pittsburg painting.  A lot of work and you are doing a great job.

Fred you have been doing a lot of interesting experiments with Yupo.  They are coming along real well.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 458
Points 7,120
NealeyPea wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 6:35 PM

Sam ~ So sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par.  Hope the Dr. can straighten it out.

Karen ~ Good work on your Pitts skyline; you are doing good.  You must have used a T square to keep all those buildings vertical!  I can't wait to see your bridge across the river.

Nealey

Page 8 of 30 (436 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS