Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 640 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 12:05 PM

Hi all, this was a request to support this effort  "Fred that is so beautiful! I will copy this and send it to Animals Asia if that's OK with you. They post artwork on their site and they are known all over the world, hopefully your work will be seen by many. Thank you so much Fred! They do really great work, they rescue the bears from bile farms and they have a beautiful place the bears can live out the rest of their lives, happily. The bears have such a great ability to forgive."

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 12:10 PM

I just received a roll of YUPO paper and started some studies, these are W/C 10x12, fun to work with but different, next I'll try acrylics

Fred

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 5 Jan 2014 12:16 PM

Fred, it's not cute to have the bears behind bars but the bears are as cute as ever.

I know that yupo is a difficult surface to work on and you did a fantastic job.  I really like the golden trees.  It's very abstract.  Lovely sky and red mountains in your landscape.  Nice work. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 6:46 PM

Fred, how great that Animals Asia wanted your artwork!!  The bears crying behind bars is so sad......reminds me of the commercials for the Humane Society.  I can barely watch some of them - they make me cry.Crying

Your 2 WCs done on Yupo paper are interesting.  I esp. like the abstract one!  I've never tried Yupo but I'm assuming it is a non-porous surface.  Beginning to see ads for this on all the art sites.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 4:28 PM

Fred that is so beautiful! I will copy this and send it to Animals Asia if that's OK with you. They post artwork on their site and they are known all over the world, hopefully your work will be seen by many. Thank you so much Fred! They do really great work, they rescue the bears from bile farms and they have a beautiful place the bears can live out the rest of their lives, happily. The bears have such a great ability to forgive.

More YUPO work only this time with acrylics, next I'll try gouache

Fred

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,525
Points 24,455
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 5:16 PM

Fred I really like the last two painting.  The bottom one reminds me of a tobacco bottom and the other looks like white birch like they have in the west

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Jan 2014 8:42 PM

Fred, I think I like the acrylics best so far. The cabin painting is very bright and warm. I like the second one the best and reminds me of the saying you can't see the forest for the trees. I can't tell if the birches are in front of the evergreens or the other way around. I also think they look like birches. I like the colours of the third painting.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 12:48 AM

Fred very colorful paintings. I have never heard of YUPO, what kind of paper is this?

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,525
Points 24,455
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 1:28 AM

Claudia Yupo is a synthetic paper (A K A plastic )  A lot of commercial artist use it.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 7 Jan 2014 10:30 AM

Fred, you sure are experimenting and trying new things.   I like your golden mountain and sky scene.

I've worked on Yupo a little.  It is slick as could be.  You can erase an entire watercolor painting with a damp cloth since it doesn't adhere to the plastic.  The acrylic will adhere and is a little easier to layer colors. It's challenging.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 970
Points 21,290
Hearadh wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 3:07 PM

I have only just caught up with this new year's Chatter!  Five pages already!!!!!!

Good to see new names and work.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 4:17 PM

Ruthie @ Bennie are returning to earth to pick up some animals and a group of WEE people that want to emigrate to Mars. The WEE people will assist in the selection of desirable humans that will be allowed to emigrate to Mars. 11x14 W/C

Fred

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 970
Points 21,290
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Jan 2014 3:03 AM

Hello Nealey....it was late last night when I discovered the NEW YEAR 2014 forum...too late for me to respond to anything.

I liked your 'growing' greeting very much......would make a really good book mark or bookplate. What size is it?

Sarah

Sarah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 970
Points 21,290
Hearadh wrote
on 8 Jan 2014 3:11 AM

Hello Fred...good news for your bears. I saw one in Russia being made to dance for money from tourists but at least this one looked well fed and groomed.

I support a charity which helps Disabled children through riding and nurturing Shetland ponies.I too was asked if one of my paintings could be used to help their cause. Feels good to be helpful doesn't it.

Sarah

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 575
Points 9,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 8 Jan 2014 5:58 PM

Sarah thanks for commenting & liking my "2014".  I used a "10 x "10 spiral journal made for sketching.  I found that the paper is not good quality for graphite, but it's okay using pens. 

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Page 5 of 43 (641 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS