Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 430 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 5:38 PM

Geri, nice photos you shot in your back yard yesterday!  We have a foot of snow and -14 F with the wind chill.  Everything was pretty much closed today as the salt is not working on the roads - too cold, even for us living in the snow belt!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 5:50 PM

Shelly, nice digital painting you did of the curled up cat.  I like the striped markings and how the paw covers his nose.  The background is a nice color and like Sam, I thought you actually painted this!!  Good job ~ the wonders of computers and the imagination!

Nealey

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:43 PM

NealeyPea:
We have a foot of snow and -14 F

This is what we are supposed to get Sunday and that's without wind chill figured in.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:45 PM

Shelly I too thought that this was a painting.  Very nice job.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 6:59 PM

HAHAHA funny Cartoon, Mr. Berkenstock but just about perfect today!

Nealey

Not Ranked
Posts 39
Points 995
on 3 Jan 2014 7:02 PM

Thanks, Geri. I just looked up where the original came from and realized it was from you, but it isn't your cat. It's Holly's cat, so it is for her if she likes it. Or perhaps it can give her an idea that she can improve on with real paint. 

C&C Welcome

Shelley

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 7:03 PM

Berkenstock:

This is what we are supposed to get Sunday and that's without wind chill figured in.

I was just trying to figure out how Geri uses quotes.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,785
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 4 Jan 2014 5:59 PM

Shelley, you must feel good to be finally settled and that your brother is now doing well. You have done a great job on the kitty's fur, very soft looking. The background is so nice with the kitten's grey colour.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
Points 10,220
on 4 Jan 2014 6:17 PM

Hi dear, dear all friends!  HHAAAAPPYYY 2014, full of art, love, dreams and .... anything you would like to get!!  From my heart to yours!!

I have just, literally just landed after my wonderful Xmas holidays! You remember I was going to visit the Dolores Olmedo museum in Mexico city.. well... I did... and it was just... FANTASTIC!!! 

Only... I was not allowed to take photos of the paintings... but... I did buy a book at the gift shop and I will soon be posting photos of the paintings from the book in my blog... Meanwhile....

I know this "área"  is just to upload art work... So I am inviting you to check my blog, I have uploaded woooonderful photos of the "Day of the Death offering" at the museum.. believe me.. it is fantastic.... so, if you would like to see the pictures and enjoy a beautiful Mexican celebration and tradition, please contact me and I will give you my blog address...!

I want also to congratulate all for your beautiful postings, paintings and Xmas cards, I know Alexandra got her Xmas card all the way from Guadalajara, and I really hope the others have already arrive or are on the way!

Happy, healthy and productive 2014 to you all!  a warm hug....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Jan 2014 9:35 PM

Fred, Bennie and Ruthie look very please with themselves. Happy New Year to you too.

Gerri, Beautiful but very COLD pictures. you take care of yourself and all of you in the deep freeze. I am soooo glad I am home!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Jan 2014 9:37 PM

Judy, this a wonderful painting. you have captured the graceful alertness of the cat!

Gerri, your cartoon is a hoot and says it all!!!

Shelly, Lovely painting of the poor cat. You have it's pose really well.

While I was in Chicago I went to the I went with the family to the Museum of Science and Industry. the had an exhibit of 50 Christmas trees decorated from many countries around the world. they were all beautiful and interesting. Also they had an exhibit on Walt Disney Showing how his cartoons evolved and lots of interactives including a cartoon class where were did step by step drawing of Mickey mouse. Here is my effort. My daughter says he looks like the old Mickey. 

It was fun to do.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 5 Jan 2014 1:43 AM

Jen, I love Mickey.  He looks so happy.  It does look like fun.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 3:24 AM

Jen , cute Mickey!!!

I heared on the News about the weather in the States. Hope everybody in the affected areas stays warm!!! I would send some warmer tempertures over if I could. The weather over here is way to warm for the time of year.

I found some older winter scenes in WC. They look like Canadian winter but since they're very old, I post them here.

The first one I did in 1984, I was 14 years old. I believe it was a step by step WC tutorial

The second one I believe was a tutorial in the artist magazine a couple years ago. I stayed away from WC for a while now, because I can never get the results I want.and got realy frustated with it.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,785
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 7:27 AM

Jen, your trip to the Museum of Science and Industry sounds wonderful, it must have been quite a show with all the decorated trees. It would have been wonderful to see. And great fun sketching Mickey, sounds like a lovely family outing for Christmas.

Claudia, these are wonderful watercolour paintings. You could have posted them in the January Challenge, there is no time limit on work you post there. Your fist one has a definite cold winter feel to it. Love the tree in the foreground. The second one of the mountains is wonderful, such lovely definition in the mountains and the cluster of trees in the foreground is really good. Very nice watercolour paintings.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 5 Jan 2014 9:59 AM

Claudia ~ Your WC landscapes are fab!  I love the second one & I think your WC style is lovely.  You should post these in the January Challenge, like the "boss lady" said!

Jen ~ What a fun trip to the museum!  I like when they have interactive projects that reinforce the show.  I bet you'll never forget Mickey!

Nealey

Page 4 of 29 (431 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS