Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 429 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 605
Points 9,435
karend84 wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 5:18 PM

Fred nice to see Bennie and Ruthie get some relaxation. 

Geri the view from your front porch looks beautiful.  Ours is just starting.  Loss like 6to8 for us.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 605
Points 9,435
karend84 wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 5:21 PM

Lousy phone typing.  That should say looks not lossTongue Tied

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,770
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 6:03 PM

Fred, Bennie and Ruthie really do look content with the knowledge that their work is done. I don't know how you get them to look like that. Well done. Also like their table.

Geri, yor have a black and white world. It is very beautiful with a lovely body of water and nicely treed area. It looks like a very nice place to live. Last year we had a day like that and I did a couple of pen and ink sketches. I hope you don't get this terribly cold weather we are having.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 6:29 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Karen - I like the painting of your grandson - that is a difficult pose, but you got it.  You also did well catching his facial concentration & the clarinet looks great - nice!

Nealey - I enjoyed your 2014 doodle, it reminds me of fairy paintings, which I love - nice work!

Fred - How I've missed seeing those bears during my absence - they look as happy as I feel seeing them...

Geri - The pictures you posted are beautiful - I want to come sit on your porch while sipping my homemade hooch!

Here is an oil painting I finished in December - I was surprised by being offered a commission from a lovely woman who traveled to Africa & snapped a great quality photo of this wonderful leopard:

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 7:02 PM

Spectacular leopard Judy.  I can see why you worked on it so long.

It would make a great avatar.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 2 Jan 2014 8:30 PM

Judy, your leopard oil painting is fantastic.  I'm sure that the lady you painted it for is most pleased.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 2 Jan 2014 8:33 PM

Geri, what wonderful photos of your front yard.  Not a lot of color there today but it is beautiful.  I love the pristine snow with no footprints.  Snow on branches is always pretty.  Is the pond frozen?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 455
Points 7,075
NealeyPea wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 8:43 PM

Thank y'all!  Jen, Geri, Bonnie, Sam, Karen, Catherine and Claudia for your nice comments of my 2014 drawing. 

Claudia, you should have fun with those Zentangle books.  Zentangle has helped me to focus & JUST DO IT!  I highly recommend the practice.  Rick & Maria (the founders) have a free website & blog that is very informative too with lessons & new things to tangle every month.

Sarah, welcome back and hope you had a wonderful trip!

Fred I'm glad Bennie and Ruthie took some time to celebrate the New Year with champagne.  No fireworks on Mars, I guess.Wink

Judy, thank you for showing your gorgeous oil painting!  I bet the buyer is happy with this!

I hope I didn't forget anyone!  It was fun to read everyone's resolutions - lots of good ideas.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,427
Points 22,915
Berkenstock wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 9:47 PM

Sam the pond which is my neighbors has skim ice on it.  We had a few warm days that had melted off almost all ice.  Tonight we are in for more and drifting snow and a low of 5.  Then Tuesday & Wednesday.  below 0.  I know that's not bad for those that live in the plains states or are Canadian but for here it is pretty bad.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,770
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 2 Jan 2014 10:28 PM

Judy, your leopard is wonderful. His paws and fur looks so soft. It is beautifully done.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 4:48 AM

Fred looks like a great place to sit and drink a glass of bubbly!

Judy you leopard is fantastic! I thought it was a photo at first!

Geri what a beautiful scene to wake up to! Yes, Ohio is getting it now and yesterday's winds made some beautiful blowing snow images. unfortunately over 8000 people in my city are without power because of it :(  Not fun when it's 5 degrees this morning and colder temps coming in the next few days. Stay warm!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 950
Points 13,770
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Jan 2014 7:05 AM

Catherine, sorry to hear about the people without hydro. For us this cold weather should be ending today. It is -32C or -25F this morning. Lots of people with frozen water pipes, You go to bed praying your heating system keeps working and thinking about how much it is costing. Now to try and get cars started this morning.

Not Ranked
Posts 39
Points 995
on 3 Jan 2014 11:46 AM

Hi everyone,

We moved house, back to England recently, so I haven't been posting much. Then just after the move I found out my brother was diagnosed with cancer, so had to quickly make the arrangements to go to New York to see how serious it was. It was a bit of a shock, but he is back home now and seems to have good prospects for living a normal life at least in the short term, so things are gradually getting back to normal, if there is such a thing. I have been touched by some of the struggles of people here, but was too busy to comment, so I will say now that I hope everyone's health problems go at least as well as my brother's seem to be going. There has been so much to catch up on. But I have still been skimming through and enjoying the posts. I'm far too behind to catch up on comments, but have enjoyed everyone's art and wish everyone well for the new year. A few days ago I noticed the very sweet picture of the ill cat that is sadly no longer with us, and thought it would be an interesting picture to make something out of. It's just a quick effort using one of the pain effect apps. I'm sure most of you can do a better job on it using real paint, but for what it's worth I thought I'd show it too you.

I simplified the background, then applied Artistoil, and then did some touchup.

C&C Welcome

Shelley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 3 Jan 2014 11:57 AM

Shelley, it's so good to hear from you.  It's good that your brother is doing well.

What a sweet and typical pose for a kitty.  I like what you did with the background - great color.  I'm sure this is a treasure to you and I hope that you enjoy it.  It appears to be a great picture to be framed and placed on a table easel, depending on it's size.  What size is it?

Not Ranked
Posts 39
Points 995
on 3 Jan 2014 1:05 PM

Sam, it's based on a photo somebody posted here, I've forgotten now who, but it's their poor kitty not long before it died. I post it as a present to her. The kitty looks to be suffering, but brave, so I thought it would make an interesting picture. It was a very low resolution photo, but I enlarged the resolution through the painterly effect. I think the version I have on my computer is around 2000 pixels wide, so could be printed most sizes.

C&C Welcome

Shelley

Page 3 of 29 (430 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS