CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 496 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 645
Points 10,365
karend84 wrote
on 3 Feb 2014 11:52 AM

Catherine I like the tinted charcoal used for your horses.  Great job at drawing the horses the proportions are spot on.

Marsha great to see you back.  I like the colors, deep snow, trees, shadows and red of the barns.  Nice painting. 

Kim your winter lane is very nice.  I really like your brush ink drawings on the packing paper.  I esp. Like the fisherman.

Jen your canoe painting is coming along nicely.  I really like the changes you made.  Your river looks great.  I have wiped the river on my pittsburg painting twice trying to get the right color.  You nailed it.

Bonnie thanks for all the work this month.  I just looked at the gallery and you have inspired alot of creative painting.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 3 Feb 2014 5:52 PM

Jen, your canoe painting is coming along nicely. It looks like it will be fabulous. I am waiting to see your progress.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Feb 2014 7:16 AM

Thank you everyone for the very nice compliments on the Red Buildings in the snow.  

Geri,  I did add some sort of snow dents in the road for interest, but I don't think the mail man will get back there to deliver any mail.   I didn't think of them as homes. but more of just out buildings, you know , the kind you store a tractor in or equipment.  

but i did make the change,   I don't think i should repost.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,893
Points 48,420
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 12:37 AM

Thank you all for the kind words. I think the lake changes colour every time I touch this so hope it still works. I actually got out to the studio today!! Yea!!! I have been such a miserable grump. Sorry I have been MIA. I really don't do well without sunshine. I wiped off the faces several times today and am still not happy but 3/4"faces are impossible for me.

here is where I am today. Hopefully I can finish this this week if we don't get the promised snow again tonight Ick!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 645
Points 10,365
karend84 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 12:47 AM

Jen this is looking great.  Your faces look good.  I love the canoe reflection and the rock is fabulous.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 645
Points 10,365
karend84 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 12:48 AM

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 12:55 AM

Jen, yiur canoe picture is coming along great. When I looked at the painting I thought it was done,that was before I read you words. I think the river bank, the river with the reflexion and canoe  everything looks well done to me.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 6:27 AM

Jen & Karen - Thanks for the time to c/c my work; apprec. it very much.

JEN - your canoe ptg. is turning out so well. SO glad you are able to get out now! I'm in the same boat (pun intended), with our "Chiberia" snow/ice/sub-zero temps. Love the female figure in the boat, esp. her expression!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 8:23 AM

Jen your painting is coming along very well.  they are far enough away that they don't need too much detail.  The boy in front I would darken the shadow under his hat and merely suggest features. 

I hope you have a nice frame picked out.

By the way if you got the snow last night don't send it our way.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 8:27 AM

Jen, your ptg is lovely. I would have thought it was finished as well. Very nice reflections of the canoe and river banks. I like the light and darks in this makes it very pleasing to look at.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,893
Points 48,420
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Feb 2014 4:03 PM

Karen, Claudia, Kim, Gerri and Bonnie,  thanks for all the nice comments. I had fun with the red, yellow, blue and white challenge. At times it was tricky and I still have some bits to finish on the people and paddles. Yes I need to work on the boys face some more too. 

The sun is shining snow gone and I feel so much better. I am a sorry grouch when confined. Hope you all get free of it soon. It has been a rough Winter so far.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,893
Points 48,420
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 11:58 PM

Okay here is the finish! Got out in warm sunny weather today!!

I am including my messy palette. As you know the challenge was to just use one tube of red, blue, yellow and white. you should take a look at the wet canvas oil painting forum and look at all the wonderful work done in just those colours.. Lots of colours can come from that palette.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 3:24 AM

Jen, wow, this turned out great. I would call this a masterpiece.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 9:51 AM

Jen, this is VERY, VERY nice.  I like the calm of the water, and the people and the canoe are just great.  You have done a great job of mixing just three colors.  What are the names of the blue, red and yellow you used?

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,893
Points 48,420
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Feb 2014 12:58 PM

Thanks Claudia and Charlie. The colours I used were alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, cad yellow and soft mixing white. 

Page 33 of 34 (497 items) « First ...  < Previous  30 31 32 33 34  Next > | RSS