CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 495 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:25 PM

Claudia your little squirrel is as fat as the ones that raid my bird feeder.  He looks as chilly as the ones here.  Looks like another below 0 night tonight and then rain this weekend.  Just what we need something to freeze .

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:27 PM

Sonia you have a fat squirrel too.  Good job.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:33 PM

Catherine glad you are ok.  Your new angel is much more lively than  the other one they are both nicly done drawings.  Did you get your car started or did you just had to stay home and draw??

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:34 PM

Hello!  I've finally finished a drawing from one of your challenge photos, Bonnie.  There were so many I liked, I couldn't decide! 

FROSTY TREE   8' x 10" Ink & graphite on sketch paper.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:47 PM

Hi Sarah!  I like your cropped version of the cabin on the lake.  It's great to see different takes on the same subject!

Catherine. what can I say?   This is a beautiful gouache of the angel statue.  Reminds me of many of the statues in our city cemetery.  I hope you are going to frame this.  Also, I like your sketch of the angel; nice movement to it.

Marsha, it's good to see you back and painting!  I love your close up pheasant ~ so brilliant, so well done!

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:52 PM

Nealey... this drawing is just so beautiful! It's perfect!

Geri...Yes, I went out around 3 when the temps were up to 7 above and it started up without too much trouble. I let it warm up and then shut it off and plugged it back in for morning. I wish I could say I did draw more after this morning's drawing but I only watched an instructional video on figure drawing and then fiddled around the rest of the day. I'm thinking I might do a little more drawing this evening. No angels though as I need to learn  how to draw a basic figure! Geri you and your family stay warm! It's awful outside tonight!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 7:02 PM

Hello Sonia!  Your drawing of the squirrel is sweet!  He has a fun expression, like he's looking for trouble (as they do!).

Hi Claudia!  Your squirrel is well done too.  I like how you changed the background.  You are so creative!  It's fun to see all the different versions.Big Smile

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 10:15 PM

Claudia, nice sketch of the squirrel. I like your composition of placing him in the tree. The tree is also very good. He looks like he has stopped in his activities to check out his observer. The background certainly places him in the forest. Very nice.

Nealey, I'm so glad you did the pine tree with the frost. I liked the photo but thought it would be hard to sketch/paint. You have done a lovely job with the bark and the soft effect of the frost on the needles. I believe this is a Norwegian Pine with slightly shorter needles then our red or white pines.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,585
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 10:29 PM

Nealey, I just expanded your pine tree and notice that your ink was applied in mostly a pointillism method over the graphite. What a lovely effect.  

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,046
Points 22,420
Hearadh wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 3:25 AM

Hello Claudia and Nealey,

agree with what has been said by others re. the squirrel and trees....a good drawing says it all.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 8:17 AM

Liz, you sound a lot like me asking if I made a mistake I'm chatting about your barn and horse painting, there are no mistakes in art.  The painting is lovely pat yourself on the back and say well done.  Each painting here is beautiful and well done including yours, I like the look of your painting the way you used the ink to outline.  

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 8:34 AM

Hi to All!  This months challenge is coming to an end and I know I haven't commented on everyone but I just never seem to have the time so I decided to take the easy way out and just say everyone here has done a wonderful, lovely job.  Also for those who take the time to comment on each painting thank you and next month I will try harder to do the same.  Last of all to any new comers welcome. 

Keep sketching and painting, Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,046
Points 22,420
Hearadh wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 11:10 AM

This is Frodo, a Norwegian Forest Cat, playing in the snow. The eyes may look odd but the pupils become almost non existent in bright light. (cat lovers will know this!!)

EggTempera on very,very heavy paper. Original is 10 x 7 inches

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 12:55 PM

Catherine:   Glad to see your spirits up.   very nice dancing angel, soft and flowy,   good to see you are concentrating on figure drawing,  I look forward to seeing your progress.

Claudia: what an adorable little squirrel, he is stopped in his tracks and you captured the moment wonderfully.  very very nice

Nealy, I am so happy to see your absolutely georgeous Norwegian Pine...  sooooooo many dots..... wow!!!

Sarah,  Wow to you as well,  I love the Norwegian Forest Cat.   what a beautiful little guy, and great fur and snow color, love the rough paper....  loverly.... to say the least....  I'm glad someone is happy to play in the snow... no one is happy in the US with the snow today.....and yesterday.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 648
Points 10,425
NealeyPea wrote
on 29 Jan 2014 5:53 PM

Catherine - Bonnie - Sarah - Joyce and Marsha ~  Thank you all

Sarah ~ Beautiful rendition of the Norwegian Forest cat.  You paint animals so well!  Was this a pet of yours?

Nealey

Page 29 of 34 (496 items) « First ...  < Previous  27 28 29 30 31  Next >  ... Last » | RSS