Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:36 PM

Joyce you have done well with your pencil sketch.  His back looks a little high to me but maybe not.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:39 PM

Sarah your little cabin looks cozy.  It reminds me of our cabin at the club but it needs some smoke coming from the chimney to make it look lived in.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:42 PM

Catherin your angle is very well done and the color scheme goes well with it but the colors are kind of somber.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 27 Jan 2014 9:47 PM

Your pheasant looks real Marsha.  You have all the beautiful colors down pat.

Bonnie a neat story about your friend.  Too bad he got too close to the road.  At least he wasn't somebodies dinner..

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 850
callista2 wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 12:44 AM

Happy New Year to fellow artists!

I have just been looking through all the contributions to this month's challenge - beautiful work.  I have been busy doing other things, so there hasn't been much time for painting/drawing, but I decided that I needed to have a go at the beautiful little squirrel.  Woodless graphite pencils, 18cm x 25cm. Sonia.

Sonia

Comments & critique will always be welcome & appreciated!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 2:55 AM

Sonia:  what a beautiful little graphite drawing of a cute sassy little squirrel good job Sarah thank you so much for the kind compliments I'm glad your finger is getting better and yes I don't know why in the world I was tempted to eat those shrimp

Geri:    thank you for the nice compliment about my pheasant. and  everything else 

Bonnie:  What a delightful story about the ringneck pheasant now I look at him and I see a bit of a character that had great personality and had friends while he was here on this earth I'm sorry to hear about his loss. I am so glad you liked my painting of him..  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 4:54 AM

Hello Geri,

I didn't add smoke because.....

I thought it was a restaurant/cafe/diner so also thought it would surely have central heating!

Easy to add it if necessary..

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 971
Points 21,340
Hearadh wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 4:58 AM

Hello Sonia,

agree with others about the graphite squirrel........maybe a suggestion of the lower backround would enhance it even more.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 6:41 AM

Ok Geri....My last angel didn't make you happy so even though  it was aprox. 4:30 am. and there is an actual temp of -8 degrees with a wind chill of -22 and even though I should be thinking about going to work and all that stuff, I did a happier angel just for you ;)   Sanguine with black charcoal on a 22x17 inch multimedia paper. I used a reference drawing for the movement and edited it a bit to make it my own. There is some tweaking with a gum eraser but it is what it is.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 7:33 AM

Sonia, Happy New Year to you. Lovely graphite sketch of the squirrel. He has great eyes and proportions. And his fur looks soft. You have certainly captured his likeness. Great work with the graphite.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 8:06 AM

Well, seems I wont' be going to work today. I ride with my daughter and she has a Jeep with a big battery and she called to say her Jeep battery won't even turn over so that means my little dinky Honda battery isn't going to hold up either. Guess I will use the day to work on some figure drawing skills and learn about contour lines etc. it seems easy enough until you learn/see what you need to know to make a figure look the way you want it to. and then you have to do the work lol.

Marsha....Your pheasant is really nicely done and you've managed to include all the details really well.

Sonia...Your squirrel is also really well done and I especially like that little smile on his/her face. My squirrels smile like that too after they have raided my bird feeder. lol

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 8:29 AM

Catherine, Geri should be happy with your angel with the added colour and motion. I liked the somberness of the original angel. She seemed so quiet as if she was deep in thought about something. A bit of a mystery.  

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 11:00 AM

Geri, thank you for your nice comment.

Marsha,, I love your colorful pheasant., very nicely done.Thank you for taking the time to comment on all my postings. I know, I did a bit more this month.

Catherine, I like your happy angle version. But nothing can top the original. It is my favorite.

Sonia, nice soft pencil drawing of the squirrel and thank you for the inspiration. I had to take a pencil and try it too.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 28 Jan 2014 1:35 PM

Thank you Bonnie and Claudia for your comments on my dancer-angel-statue. Geri was worried a while back that I might be a little too down in the dumps and while I was feeling a little bluer than the usual kind that winter brings on, I've worked through some of the family issues that I imagine get us all down on occasion. I just wanted to let him know I'm ok and not painting angels of doom because I'm in a bad place or something. I just like the colors and the quietness of that angel and how it distracted the viewer from the winter snows and cold. Charcoal and sanguine work is going to take some practice and study of the techniques but I do like that soft reddish color with the black and white areas. I'll learn more about that over this next year.

Claudia...I really like your squirrel a lot! It's fur is very well done and it looks just like it is sitting out on a limb during a snow storm. It even has it's little paw curled up the way squirrels do sometimes.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Page 28 of 34 (496 items) « First ...  < Previous  26 27 28 29 30  Next >  ... Last » | RSS