CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 495 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 3:06 PM

Sarah your deer and barn is a beautiful painting.  I love the effects you achieved with the snow.  The stance on the deer is perfect

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 3:12 PM

Claudia great wood texture and beautiful colors on the totums.  The fur and mane of your horse have great texture.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 3:19 PM

Bonnie, your blues are super - really improved over the photo. Yes

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 3:19 PM

Catherine your beach scenes are so refreshing after all the cold weather.  I love all three.  I can feel the warm breeze with your palms.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 4:47 PM

Claudia I love the sky and birds on your painting.  I haven't worked with watercolor enough to suggest a correction on the river.  

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 4:51 PM

Sarah a delicate flower.  It would make a lovely notecard

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,055
karend84 wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 4:58 PM

Bonnie wonderful story and painting of the cabin on the lake.  It looks so peaceful

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 5:53 PM

Hello Bonnie ~ I agree in that I like your blue colors in the pastel of the cabin on the lake.  I don't think that the background building is distracting - it adds more interest!  Nice painting and I'm glad you found some time to do a challenge from your photos!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 20 Jan 2014 7:22 PM

Thank you, Claudia, Catherine, Sarah, Kim, Karen and Nealey for your comments. I'm glad you liked it and it is really much lighter with the light blue being white and the hardwoods are much lighter as well. Catherine, it is a wonderful place to live, the wall at the front of the building is actually where the water starts and it used to be filled with sail boats in the summer. My parents had a small cottage to the right and you could see all the activity at the resort. Sarah, I didn't realize I had changed the direction of the shadows, good observation. I thought they came out from the trees. Thanks again for commenting.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 12:07 AM

Jan and Penelope I missed your squirrels the other day. Very nice

Jen you canoe sketch reminds me of the time we went white water canoeing on the Buffalo.  You can canoe here in the winter too but I don't think you would want to tump. That's a technical term I learned on the Buffalo.

Sarah you have captured the deer and its alert stance very well.  Your snow drop is nice too it reminds me of the blooms on my shamrock when they close up.

Claudia your N A totems is neat.  Your pony as others have posted needs a nose.  It does not bother me that it has no ears but the v ahape of its face draws your eye toward it.  You did a great job on the hair which I need to learn to do.  You and the WC are getting to be good friends.

Catherine your three paintings are well done.  The top one is my fav.  The composition draws your interest into the painting.  It gives it more dimension.

Bonnie your cold cold cabin with the blue shadows of early morning really makes me think of the early mornings at our clubs log cabin.  You expect to see smoke coming from the chimney.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 2:00 PM

Thank you Karen and Geri.

Here is horse NO. 2

Eyes are offset, o well, still practicing.

wc 30 cm x 43 cm

This time with nose.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 5:54 PM

This is my latest painting.  MY LITTLE CHICADEE.  It is WC on 7x10 lanaquarelle hot pressed.  The photo is pretty close but It loses some of the detail.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,539
Points 24,670
Berkenstock wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 6:10 PM

Claudia it seems like there is always something.  Nice nose by the way. ;)

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 9,365
NealeyPea wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 6:21 PM

Hi Claudia ~ Much improvement on your second WC of the horse.  Nice nose!  Do you scrape away to get the thin white icy marks on his mane?  The eyelashes are exquisite!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 22 Jan 2014 6:22 PM

Claudia...Horse #2 is really nice and the eyes aren't that off. They are so sharp and attentive with such a nice sparkle it them. The hair on it's head looks really, really great! It looks just like hair and looks so soft. Very nice #2 painting.

Geri...Ahhhh what a sweet little bird! The colors in both the bird and the tree limbs are dead on and the textures in the limbs compliment the solid shapes of the bird really nicely. You did a really great job with this!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 25 of 34 (496 items) « First ...  < Previous  23 24 25 26 27  Next >  ... Last » | RSS